Naughty Nurse

bruiseviolet

AD-NaughtyNurse.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Naughty Nurse

Sometimes the best therapy is the lascivious care of the Naughty Nurse, so here’s a (sexual) healing potion of Poppy, Laudanum, Wormwood, and a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
GOLDEN POPPY ~ Fertility, prosperity, love. Deepens feelings, instills calmness. Imagination, pleasure, wealth, success.
WORMWOOD ~ Divination, protection, love, calling spirits.
LEMON MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
ORRIS ROOT ~ Attracts and helps inspire love. Protection, divination.
UME BLOSSOM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
PINK SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
CISTUS aka LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
MINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wouldn't have picked this to buy on its own but it turned out to be one of my favorites! I expected it to be medicinal or bitter. I haven't smelled some of the notes in here before but I read that wormwood is not supposed to smell good. I was wrong though, this is really sweet. I get predominantly pink sugar. This reminds me of one of those body sprays you get at Victoria's Secret.

I didn't know what most of these notes smelled like either, so I didn't know what to expect. This is fabulous!! It smelled medicinal in the vial, but when I put it on, the sweet came right out, and something green-like with a mild, pleasant medicine like scent (that was actually probably the mint). The sugar is nice, not too much on my skin, and after about an hour, this wonderful creamy note emerged. I can't stop smelling myself. I think I love this!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sort of get an "absinthe poured through a pink sugar cube" vibe, but I think the labdanum doesn't work on me, there's just something about it which always goes weird with my chemistry, alas.

Edited by luna65

Info on Labdanum extracted from Scents-of-Earth dot com:

Aroma Description: very complex - rich, balsamic, woody, earthy, marshy, smoky, ambergris, leathery, sweet, flowery, honey, mint fragrance with hints of plum or oak moss after a rain.

It *is* all that...VERY complex, the hint of mint and sweetness of sugar make this quite amazing! Mara, wow!

Initially this kinda sorta reminds me of Amber Enchantment or LP Pink. It starts out all light and girlie, but the longer I wear it, I realize it's not all sweetness and light - there's something just a little subversive or deviant there. It's pink with a kink.

GOLDEN POPPY ~ Fertility, prosperity, love. Deepens feelings, instills calmness. Imagination, pleasure, wealth, success.

WORMWOOD ~ Divination, protection, love, calling spirits.

LEMON MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.

ORRIS ROOT ~ Attracts and helps inspire love. Protection, divination.

UME BLOSSOM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.

PINK SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.

CISTUS aka LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.

MINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

I had not checked the notes in this one, up until now. I will test it, just to be fair, but anise usually amps so loudly with my chemistry :'-(

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Trying this one today, had a little sample of it and wanted some variety! This is sweet and mint right off, definitely a flirty scent and feminine but my skin soaked it all up. It's very faint now and mostly the poppy is what I can detect, which is nice but completely different than when wet. It still has a bit of softness that is on the verge of being powdery, reminds me of Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom.