The Wolf and The Shepherdess

goddesslynne

The Wolf and The Shepherdess

A fluffy fantasy worthy of Little Bo Peep, tempt your Big Bad Wolf with lovely Pink and Water Lotus, freesia and a drop of violet, sweetened with cotton candy and vanilla crème, softened with white amber and a dash of wooly lanolin with a warm finish of cedarwood.

This is a lovely, sweet, fresh scent that will be perfect for warm weather! I love that the vanilla adds a touch of richness, and the water lotus and other flowers add a slight bite of freshness.

I'm not getting a lot of amber yet, but the soft "feel" makes me think this would be a great work scent for me. It's ever so slightly powdery on me.

This is a lovely, sweet, fresh scent that will be perfect for warm weather! I love that the vanilla adds a touch of richness, and the water lotus and other flowers add a slight bite of freshness.

I'm not getting a lot of amber yet, but the soft "feel" makes me think this would be a great work scent for me. It's ever so slightly powdery on me.

OOO... This sounds good.... I LOVE powdery scents... sweet, fresh, powdery.... sounds like my cup of tea! :D IS there any scents thatz similar to this? :D

I love this one. This is my other favorite. This reminds me of soap, and I know that sounds bad, but it isn't bad at all! It's just a little clean and fresh and keeps the cotton candy from being too sweet.

Sounds like a mixture of pandamaniac + cuddle bunny?? :)

This is a nice clean skin scent, very friendly for public wear. For some reason a shard of my trial vial flew off when I opened the cap (wtf), but I was able to salvage with a spare empty that accessoriesforfragrances always send when I order perfume atomizers from them (whew). Didn't want to waste what was in my pipette so I have a fair amount slathered on wrists & backs of hands.

Edited by Beccah1

No this is not like cuddle bunny, it's pink! It is different from the other pink scents here though. You should try it. :D

OOO.... Is it like lauren sweet pink fairy??? :P I enjoy guessing the similar scents!! It's so fun!!! :):):)

Edited by bumbob

OOO.... Is it like lauren sweet pink fairy??? :P I enjoy guessing the similar scents!! It's so fun!!! :D:):)

No it's not like pink sugar. It's clean, pink, slightly creamy, and smells really smooth if that makes sense. I think the lanolin + florals makes it smell a bit like soap. So imagine a smooth, creamy bar of soap with a cotton candy scent. That's what it makes me think of. :)

Edited by bruiseviolet

No it's not like pink sugar. It's clean, pink, slightly creamy, and smells really smooth if that makes sense. I think the lanolin + florals makes it smell a bit like soap. So imagine a smooth, creamy bar of soap with a cotton candy scent. That's what it makes me think of. :P

Thankyou for the description bruiseviolet! I will probably get it as my monthly freebie next month! :D IT sounds so wonderful!! Clean and smooth... :):):)

Oh I know...this is a Pastel Pink scent!!!!

Sounds like its for one of those CUTE girly mood! :12_small7:

This is very interesting to me...not in a "I'd wear it" kind of way, but it's a really intricate construction. It starts out very sweet and fluffy and then morphs into a creamy floral blend with a smooth base. I don't get a soapy impression so much as just soft, like literal softness. The wood aspect is more a suggestion than an actuality to my nose. It is a sheer pink demure feminine kind of scent for certain, not too sweet, but definitely for a floral/spring scent lover.

• 2 weeks later...

This one smells like a beautiful designer french hand soap. One of those sweet little shaped soaps. I really like this! It is very femme and lite, it smells pink! LOL

I like this one for everyday wear. It smells clean and soft like a baby. I did get alot of Violet and powdery on my skin. It was very soft and I did feel like wearing a ribbon in my hair but ended up wearing it in a top bun. It's very girly. I'm also wearing white- which I seldom wear because I'm so pale and feel like a glarethat blinds your vision. It has evoked feelings of softness and purity in me represented by my white collared shirt and ballerina bun.

I like this one for everyday wear. It smells clean and soft like a baby. I did get alot of Violet and powdery on my skin. It has evoked feelings of softness and purity in me represented by my white collared shirt and ballerina bun.

Oh... This sound WONDERFUL!!!!!! Im getting this in my next order! ;):D:D Clean, soft, powdery, pure.... :o:):D

• 1 month later...

THIS IS PINK! :D

Wet: It's a syruppy pink on my skin! VERY SWEET! IT's a bit TOO sweet for my skin.... the level of sweetness reminds me of LA Boom/ Dangerous games...

Dry: soft sugary PINK + white amber :)

VERY NICE....

Edited by bumbob

• 9 months later...

The wolf and the shepherdess whisks me away into a dazed picture of idyllic sunlit walks. Soft and musky violet cream that a subtle hint of cedar that lurks beneath. It's homemade milkshake sweet and the cedar adds a little extra dimension. I feel that all of this is blanketed by sheer veil of lotus and the powdery quality of the perfume that contributes to the dazed feeling.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this did NOT work on me. I don't know WHAT the smell is: either the water lily or freesia? But it's cloyingly sweet in a perfume way, not a foodie way. I even tried washing it off and it still lingers. I had this on my list too. Was hoping I'd amp the cedar and more earthy notes, :blink:

• 2 months later...

I also get rose with this but it's not over bearing, just a light, fresh pretty pink rose and sugar. Reminds me alot of Possets silver roses actually. I know there isn't rose in this though. It is very innocent smelling, reminds me of spring, grass and rain with cotton candy. It's watery which might be the lotus I guess. The lotus isn't giving me any bad allergic reactions so I might have to get a bottle after all.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 4 months later...

This was one of the first perfumes I tried and I couldn't stop smelling myself when I had it on :) after trying many samples and going through different scent phases I came back to this and can't figure out why I ever stopped wearing it! It's wonderfully clean, bright, and sweet, not powdery (which tends to make me smell old...) and I get the most "you smell good"s when I wear it :) It doesn't legitimately smell like candy (which is good, I think), but it definitely smells delicious. The sugar and violets come through the most on me, with a hint of vanilla after I've been wearing it for a while. The cedar probably keeps it from smelling too sweet and foody, but you don't really register it.

• 2 months later...

Perhaps I have been reading too much Karen Moning lately but I swear this reminded me of being a damsel in distress in Ireland somewhere with a Highlander , I wore this on Sat night as I curled up next to my BF ~I smelled like a slutty damsel, but a cozy slutty damsel. It smelled so fairy lady back in time wearing a corset and ringlets down to my waist.. It had a boozy quality to it as well, it smelled a bit boozy, which was probably the white amber. I felt the need to curl up next to BF on the couch with a million pillows and a blanket. I'm glad I dug this out. I forgot how girly it was!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've tried this a couple of times. Wet: it kind of reminds me of flowers and a fruity wine. Huffing, I get some of what I think is the lotus (kind of an aquatic green smell.)

Then it runs the gamut between a really light floral that reminds me of something from my grade school years, or perhaps it was that it did (and moreso later) remind me of wearing Avon's Haiku perfume as a high school student. Several hours later on, all that's left on my skin is a sugared flower smell. It's actually really more pleasant than I thought it would be after initially putting it on, but still much too light on me (once it's dried down. Wet, it's strong enough but not to my tastes.)

I could see creating a linen spray with this and really enjoying it on my bedding, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to trade it away to someone who can love it as is.

I do have to say, huffing it as much as I am, that even dried down I get a hint of green (or maybe it's just how the lotus comes out) behind the flowers and the sugar and it is really nice. Good light huffing fodder.

edit: I'm huffing the wet perfume on my other arm and I think I've pinned down the "weird" part of the wet smell-- powdered latex gloves.

Was hoping I'd amp the cedar and more earthy notes, :blink:

you and me both, sister. :)

Honestly I think I just want a PE with just Cedar and Powdered Sugar and that's it. Haven't been able to make it come to the 'fore in anything I've tried yet.

Edited by MissHazel

• 2 months later...

This turned out pink, sugar and fluffy with a creamy base on my skin. It's a little too light and sugary for me. I like pink with more bite such as LP Pink, Blushing Amber, etc.

• 5 years later...

Oh, I adore this. I wish I'd been here when it was available. I find it comforting. It's a cozy scent. I want to be in a cabin in the middle of the woods with snow gently falling outside, wrapped up in a soft, fuzzy blanket with some kitty companions. Nothing to do but relax. Ahhh, this scent is like a mini-vacation.