Upstairs, Downstairs

goddesslynne

AD-UpstairsDownstairs.jpg

Upstairs, Downstairs
A beautiful scent for that sexy French maid outfit he wants you to wear…seven native and imported lavenders made sweetly alluring with powdered sugar, peppermint, white amber and the freshness of cotton linen accords. Oooh la la!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
COTTON ~ Luck, healing, protection; return of lost love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The amber is quite prominent on me, along with the cotton linen. I like this very much!! It's actually an androgynous scent to my nose, very clean but not soapy. I'm not detecting the peppermint, but I sense that it's there with the linen enhancing the fresh feeling.

I'm happy to have another lavender scent I can wear to work!!

OOOOOOOOOO... CAN'T WAIT to TRY THIS!!!!! Is it anything like Dark seduction III???? or HIS4HER????

No it's lighter than the DS scents and it's not masculine like His4Her is meant to be; to my nose it's a very soothing kind of scent. I'm getting the linen accord mostly, but I usually do with those kinds of scents.

I noticed about an hour after putting this on (and after my workout) the lavender was much more prominent on me. A classic, clean lavender. At that point I'd lost the amber and linen, unfortunately. I'll try again, of course, when I'm not lifting weights!!

'With Every Breath' has more ingredients, some more flowers and also milk if I'm not wrong. 'Upstairs Downstairs' has peppermint, though I can's really get the peppermint from the vial. I get a fresh clean lavender scent, but I still have to try it on my skin, I hope I'll like it as much as like 'With Every Breath'

This is exactly clean sheets to me: just that soft sweet comforting smell. I was thinking it would be a good bedtime scent for me, although I'm still a little iffy because cloth accords can go a bit sharp with my chemistry. But for those who enjoy these kinds of scents, the really subtle delicate sweet type, this is one you should definitely try.

This is what fresh lavender smells like on me :lol: It's a soft and gentle lavender scent... Great as a morning and soothing scent :) In my opinion, this scent helps to clear mind too :) There's a sense of clarity in it... mmmm... LIKEY!!!!! :666::D:D

WOW... Now that i've waited slightly for the dry down, the scent morphed into a cute feminine lavender perfume! Im not very gd at describing fragrance but this is the feeling i get from the smell!!! It's definitely not a herby lavender to me!! LIKE LIKE LIKE! :abfx:

Edited by bumbob

• 2 weeks later...

Not a soft lavender on me, which is good because I like the bolder lavenders too.

I made linen sprays out of this one for both myself and Catherine. Sprayed my whole bedroom down with it on Friday. Gorgeous. It's perfect for that but also a different take on the usual lavender linen spray you can tell right away, because instead of the typical lavender herbally sharpness, you get a soft, smooth, silky sheen. Me likey.

BTW, Ravenwing, I LOVE your Tribble avatar. We watched that ep last night on DVD. ;)

This one really does smell like lavender on linen on my skin. It does not have the unfortunate tendency that some lavender/herbals do of turning dusty or dirty smelling on me...It does go there every now and then but the linen turns it back to fresh and lite that I hardly notice it happening...Literally took seconds.

This one is one of the nicer lavenders I have smelled!

I really love this :) The lavender scent is so gentle and sweet on me :)

I've had a very stressful tiring day and the only word i could think of when i got home is SLEEP! Then i received a bottle of this from Fawn and quickly slantered some on!! It is so soft, soothing and mild on me that i fell asleep almost immediately

When i woke up, i can smell the wonderful powdery scent surrrounding me :):):) It felt like i was in a cloud of happiness :):):) WHat a GREAT feeling after a LONG day... :):):) Thankyou LP!! This is a GREAT fragrance!!! :D

:thumb_up11:

I'm thinking it's probably the powdered sugar and white amber that's giving a powdery "feel" to the fragrance!! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! light and fluffy lavender!!! :D

Edited by bumbob

Testing today.

The linen note in this gives is a silky feel, along the same vein as Silk & Fur or Denise's Silky Freesia & Musk. In combination with the other notes, the lavender lends a green quality as well. I like this one.

Testing today.

The linen note in this gives is a silky feel, along the same vein as Silk & Fur or Denise's Silky Freesia & Musk. In combination with the other notes, the lavender lends a green quality as well. I like this one.

Silk & Fur and Denise's SFM turns out extremely differently on my skin. I'm now undecided on this one.

• 1 month later...

I love the description of this one, I knew luna had to be at play! It was just too...mmmmmm (if u can understand me), to not have her touch.

This scent sounds just up my alley. I have been away tooooooo long and to see this scent..I feel like I have come back home!

I must try this! Love lavender and white amber, ooh, divine!

• 5 months later...

So I think everyone on the board knows how I feel about LPMP's linen note: it's the love of my life. It's in one of my absolute favorites (With Every Breath) and when everything else has died down and all I am left is the linen note, I spend a good chunk of my day smelling my wrists. It's silky and sort of cool, like the other side of the pillow when you're feeling a bit toasty. Soft and sweet. It's my favorite thing ever.

I also feel the same way with lavender. I know that a lot of girls around my age tend to lean away from lavender - people older than me do the same thing! Lavender can be medicinal (love it) or floral (love that too!)

This is basically my perfect blend and is similar to something I wanted to make as a PE. It's very much a cousin of With Every Breath, if not an older sister. The blend of the lavender notes with the linen is absolutely exquisite. There's nothing medicinal or herbal about the lavender used in this blend, so if that's not your style, I think you'll be able to wear this.

Another thing that I love about this blend (and blends that use linen) is that there isn't that "sun-dried linen smell". A lot of places will pair a cottony scent with a citrus, and that just drives me up the wall. Clothes that have been left out to dry in the sun and in the wind do not smell like some orange/lemon combination: they smell clean, totally and completely. This linen note doesn't have that, as far as my little nose can tell. If there is a hint of citrus, it is way in the background.

This is the scent of quiet sleep, perhaps even the moment when you're awake and you take the time to stretch, stretch, stretch, and you absolutely love your body because it can stretch so perfectly, and you love the sheets and the dim light coming in from the window. No alarm clock to jostle you out of bed, just being fully rested. It's romantic in a very personal way.

Edited by lesreveurs

hi. on me initially it smelled clean but soapy. i got scared as i dont like soapy ones but i kept patience & left it to test another time later. now some days back i applied it again & waited to see what it does. it was again clean & soapy on me & i thot it s not for me & forgot about it. say after 30 mins when i forgot while running errands at home, i felt it coming again. now it transformed into more clean soft silky cottony feel. then lavender came out and stayed. it is clean & refreshingly elegant smell. imagine a white princess sleeping on the white silk bed sheet with honey jar on the bedside & lavender in the vase, getting up fresh, in the morning before the sunrise, in her white satin full length nightwear that glides on the cottony white Marvell floor as she walks to window and pulls the white linen curtains to welcome the sun in. but the sun shy away looking at coolness & decides to stay hidden to leave the day cool yet bright white for her.......

Edited by Magnanimity

I had some of this on the back of my hand a couple of nights ago and it lasts for a long time. It's a very clean scent, almost like clean sheets. I think this will come in handy as a linen spray or into the dryer with our clothes. I'm uncertain if I want to use this as a scent as I might not want to smell like clean sun-dried laundry.

I had some of this on the back of my hand a couple of nights ago and it lasts for a long time. It's a very clean scent, almost like clean sheets. I think this will come in handy as a linen spray or into the dryer with our clothes. I'm uncertain if I want to use this as a scent as I might not want to smell like clean sun-dried laundry.

No JOC, it doesn't smell like that. its beautiful now.

I applied it yesterday night, when i was here on the forum. after an hour it started feeling very soft and feminine.

And when i sniffed my wrist now today morning it is just like any other expensive designer perfume. Mara is genius to craft such things for us here, its soft cotton linen & lavender in the background. i am sniffing my wrist like crazy now, can't get enough of it. try it for sure, you may like it if i am right. :D

• 1 year later...

I tested this one over the course of a few days. It didn't smell so nice in the bottle. While wet it smelled really sweet on my skin. It turned out to be a nice scent that reminded me of Sugar Plum Fae a little. This had a department store kind of smell/vibe to it. As time went on it started to get really loud on me. So much so that others commented on it. I didn't slather this either. So I am not sure about what made it loud on my skin. I was told that I was actually scenting the whole room and that people could smell me from the doorway.

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't a perfume that would ever have caught my eye, so I'm thrilled to have a freebie of it! A cloud of peppermint and linens and soft sweetness. Absolutely lovely and comforting, though the peppermint also gives it a cool bite. Once it dries, peppermint backs down and lavender and amber take hold. I have to reiterate, it's very cloud-like, light and powdery and... POOFY.

This isn't a perfume that would ever have caught my eye, so I'm thrilled to have a freebie of it! A cloud of peppermint and linens and soft sweetness. Absolutely lovely and comforting, though the peppermint also gives it a cool bite. Once it dries, peppermint backs down and lavender and amber take hold. I have to reiterate, it's very cloud-like, light and powdery and... POOFY.

I like your review. Yes.. it's like a sleeper hit. I thought the same thing as I finally got around to using my sample ( your lucky :-) How did I miss this? I like clean soft scents.. very sexy. It on my list!!

Edited by StacyK

This one is actually a favorite of mine and is on my to-get list this month or next. it's the perfect before bed scent (I used my sample on my sheets to make it last longer.)

I'm happy someone told me last month that there is still some left because I thought it had been sold out ages ago.

Can just see getting a spray spritzing on clean sheets, then rolling around in them ...dynudy ..ah what a way to put perfume on.

Edited by StacyK

• 9 months later...

This is the evening for trying out lavenders... I really like this! When I read the description I couldn't imagine how peppermint would work with lavender but it's amazing! It feels extremely fresh and just the littlest bit chilly, in a way that I think would be amazing for hot weather. The lavender does its work with all the soothing calming properties, and the mint makes the texture very light and airy, and somehow adds this cool note. I can picture this being the perfect sleep aid during a heat wave.

This is one of my favorites, Velouté is number one but this is a very close second. It's very clean and relaxing without being sharp to my nose.

It's a wonderful scent to wear anytime or a great relaxing bedtime fragrance. I've alway wanted another FB in a spray.

My LP list is very long.

The lavender and sugar/mint/cotton combination in Upstairs Downstairs is very clean and fresh. I wasn't sure initially how much the cotton would amp on me and I'd smell like fabric softener, but that didn't happen at all! This is a feel-good scent on me and was perfect for wearing to work too, and lasted all day into bedtime (sweet dreams...).

• 2 months later...

This was another winner in my first order. When I put it on I could smell a sweetish kind of lavender/clean linen scent. This was a long wearing scent and the smell stayed very constant over the course of the day. After a couple of hours the linen smell became very dominant. Wafting up from my body as I worked was the slightly lavender scent of laundry snapping on the line in a fresh breeze. I think it was probably the mint pushing the scent to the fore in that way because it smelled extremely fresh (kind of like my nostrils were being cleaned out - only in a good way!) - however my brain interpreted the scent as linen rather than mint. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the sugar. I think I would have actually preferred a slightly more herbal lavender. However, being a perfume newbie, I'm discovering that my body chemistry turns up the volume on anything sweet, so perhaps others would not notice this. And when the perfume was wet the lavender was not too sweet.

Anyway, whatever was in this really projected on me - but not in an overpowering way. I will definitely wear this again because it evokes some kind of scent memory of staying at a friend's cottage in the summer as a teenager. My friend always had very expensive toiletries that were out of my price range and I think something she must have been using that summer smelled a little bit like this.

• 2 months later...

I'm afraid I may be just slightly allergic but this is so nice. So fresh. Feel like I'm outside with billowy sheets on a line blowing in the wind. Not too "LAUNDRY" though.

update: Okay,I'm not super allergic to it thank goodness!

This is more of an upbeat relaxing scent.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox