The Pirate and The Maiden

goddesslynne

AD-PirateMaiden.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

The Pirate and The Maiden
A scented treasure to set the mood for you and your lusty seafaring scoundrel: Bourbon and Tahitian Vanilla are blended with coconut, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon with touches of tobacco, amber, sandalwood and cardamom…deliciously sexy like a warm languid island breeze. Indulge in the gifts of the Spice Islands!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
BOURBON and TAHITIAN VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
COCONUT ~ protection, purification, receptivity.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism. NOTE: Although well diluted, this potion contains cinnamon essential oil which can be irritating to the skin. Do not use in the vicinity of the eye or other mucous membranes. Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sure wish Bourbon Vanilla would play more nicely with my skin!! It overwhelms everything and I don't get any sandalwood, amber or cardamom, which I was so looking forward to!! I think this scent will have many fans...I'll keep my sample and try again.

For me this is like Pirate Bumbo without the fruit (or, a dirty boyslut version of Pie in the Sky), and the coconut is a little more husk-y. It's very yummy though...if you like the darker coconut type scents then this is one you would definitely enjoy, and it could be layered with a lighter note (a fruit or a flower) if desired to take it in another direction. And guys, we *like* coconut, so this is one you could wear to be nibbled on... :w00t:

Edited by luna65

For me this is like Pirate Bumbo without the fruit (or, a dirty boyslut version of Pie in the Sky), and the coconut is a little most husk-y. It's very yummy though...if you like the darker coconut type scents then this is one you would definitely enjoy, and it could be layered with a lighter note (a fruit or a flower) if desired to take it in another direction. And guys, we *like* coconut, so this is one you could wear to be nibbled on... :w00t:

*note to self- Pirate and the Maiden*

This is definitely my favourite among this month's releases. In the vial I get coconut and vanilla. On my skin: I have to give it more time to settle. As long as it is wet: vanilla, coconut, then amber and sandalwood comes through and I can smell a tiny bit of tobacco. This is really good. I will combine it with some pheros tomorrow.

It's spicy and warm! I'm not good at picking individual notes but this one is of my favorite smells of this month's releases.It's not very intense though (I'm saying this while sniffing myself and I get mostly Sinner and Saint-yeah, I've slathered with all of my new smellies!!) but still need more testing...Now I think I get coconut....Nice!!!

I get just the coconut when I first apply, then Vanilla & Coconut. When it starts to dry down I get sandalwood, vanilla and a bit of sharp sweetness that I assume is the cardamom.

I really like this one. I may buy a bottle for the summer. I like it better than Saturday Night Special (the boozy notes in that one are sort of a deal breaker for me).

This one primarily amps the bourbon and the sandalwood and every now and then something vaguely green pops up...I assume it is a tobacco. It reminds me of stepping into the Bourbon aging room at the distillery that we toured in Kentucky...Booze and wood. LOL I am getting the hints of sweetness with the spices mixed in, but mostly it is the bourbon and Sandalwood dancing in this one for me.

I can not review this scent because my skin eats it on contact! Completely vanishes. Never had this happen. So weird.

Hmm, I was expecting something creamy and tropical, but this is like walking into the cargo hold of ship returning from a spice run. The strongest notes to me were the nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom. However, it's not harsh or dry at all like I've experienced with other perfumeries' spice notes. It was a surprise, but nice.

It's stranger than that. I did another trial run and again the scent instantly disappeared from my wrists. *poof* But as I was working at my computer I very occasionally got faint whiffs of coconut. Checked my wrist and there was nothing. I finally waved my arms vigourously back and forth in front of me and managed to get the scent in the air and could smell, faintly, coconut. Huh. Ran into a friend while I was on an errand and held my wrist under her nose. SHE could smell the scent. (Which she really liked, btw.)

So, weirdly enough, it seems that /I/ can't smell this scent on my skin, but other people can. Coconut, vanilla and a light spice. I'm stumped whether to get it or no.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for someone. I love Pirate Bumbo, but the drydown is my favorite part. Does anyone thing the drydown is the same as Pirate Bumbo. Plus this bottle matches my daughters room and would look fabulous on her dresser.

It really does remind me of Pirate Bumbo except there's no fruit, but I think it dries down a little darker than that.

It really does remind me of Pirate Bumbo except there's no fruit, but I think it dries down a little darker than that.

Thanks...that settles it.

I've had scents disappear on me completely- Dream Lover- I love the smell, but it *completely* disappears on my skin. I think it smells too delish and my skin just noms it up. It makes me sad because I love the smell so much!

I can't wait to try this specific one because it sounds perfect. I *love* tobacco, so I'm hoping that comes through in this. Paired with vanilla, if it does... OH WOW

Edited by kittenkat

OOO.. This is coconut cream on my skin... VERY YUMMY :aola::):)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting cardamon, cinnamon and coconut so far, yum! Also whiffs of Bourbon vanilla and brown sugar. The tobacco came out a little as it dried down but it's mostly sweet coconut on me now.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 1 month later...

I got a sample of this and when I put it on...I was in a Pirate ship with Captain Jack Sparrow!(who I wouldn't kick out of the bed for eating crackers.) It is exactly how an old pirate ship would smell.....(in my mind) It wasn't anything like Pirate Bumbo on my skin. After reading a few posts though, I should have left it on longer to let the coconut come through. I will try again tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

trying this one for the first time. I love it. Soft cuddly coconut and spices and warmth to give it a little bite. Wonderful to find the occasional brown sugar scent that doesn't go wonky.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Wearing this today, I finally figured out what it reminds me of: a sisal hammock I bought in Mexico. It reminds me of being on the beach at night, when everyone is burning coconut husks to keep the mosquitos at bay. It's unusual - sweet, but not overly so, and coconut-y, and I love the softness of it. It a very sensual fragrance. I'd love a full bottle. Or ten. Beautiful.

Wearing this today, I finally figured out what it reminds me of: a sisal hammock I bought in Mexico. It reminds me of being on the beach at night, when everyone is burning coconut husks to keep the mosquitos at bay. It's unusual - sweet, but not overly so, and coconut-y, and I love the softness of it. It a very sensual fragrance. I'd love a full bottle. Or ten. Beautiful.

I just said on the other thread that I probably wouldn't get a full bottle of this...maybe just another sample for summer but your kind of talking me into it now with this...

Hee! Sorry... making you spend money again! :D

I'm just a sucker for any scent that reminds me of my free and easy traveling days in Mexico. I was never so happy as when I was waking up every morning in a hammock on the side of a cliff, right beside the Pacific. I like things that bring that magical feeling back to me. Of all things, I found that The Shark Whisperer reminded me of my Mexican ex's soap, and now I want a full bottle of that unphero'd scent, because when I smell it, all I can think of is sexy Diego... hmmm.... sexy Diego... ;) The Pirate and the Maiden def. falls into that kind of category.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered this sample and I cannot wait to try it. Reviews make it sound like just what I was looking for. Now I just have to hope it works with my chemistry. Hmm~~~ Will return after I receive and give my review.

: ) Lynette

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am bumping this thread since the last of the bottles are currently on sale. I can't stress enough how much I have come to love this scent. I wasn't sure at first if this would make a good work scent with the rum as a note but I decided to try it anyway. This is so absolutely yummy, it was perfect. At first, it was very coconut and vanilla, slightly sweet with brown sugar and a touch of tobacco. I was waiting for the rum to blast out and it never did. It's very subtle on me and never shoves the others aside to come to the forefront. There is completely a breezy island feel that I can't put my finger on but it was just such a soothing happy scent and I was so glad I decided to wear it today. After this last order, I will have three bottles and probably would keep going but I need to stop.

So, just wanted to bring it up to everyone because this really is a gorgeous scent!!! :hearts0425:

• 11 months later...

Yum. The boozyness of the bourbon plus vanilla and coconut is great, tropical and fun. Thankfully the brown sugar wasn't too powerful on me (sometimes amps and smells strange) but instead once dry the spices peak through, along some of the tobacco and sandalwood. Reminds me a bit of a beachy pipe tobacco smell. This one wears as a fun scent between the vanilla/coconut/spice for a tropical lady and then the pirate-y tobacco. This one wasn't very long lasting though, will try again with more slathering but first application only lasted a few hours.

• 10 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I really love this!!!! When wet it's all about the bourbon. Then, after it dries down it becomes a perfect beachy scent!!! Lovely! :)