The Hunter and the Woodland Nymph

BlueBear

This was one of the more unisex scents. It's a little too masculine on my skin for my tastes, but I still want to buy a big bottle of this, slather a man with it and permanently attach my face to his neck! It's very nice, very clean and crisp. I love pine, and that's the more prominent note to my nose. The spice and chypre add just a little bit of sharpness. I didn't smell much musk to start with, but then again, musk tends to bloom later on me, and I didn't wear this all day.

This scent is very comforting to me, and I figured out why--it reminds me of first grade (which I loved!). My classroom was near the cafeteria kitchen, so you could always smell some vanilla-y goodness wafting down the hall. The clean notes sort of remind me of Dial soap, and coupled with the pine and vanilla--first grade. Mmmmmm...must find a man and drench him in this!

This was one of the more unisex scents. It's a little too masculine on my skin for my tastes, but I still want to buy a big bottle of this, slather a man with it and permanently attach my face to his neck! It's very nice, very clean and crisp. I love pine, and that's the more prominent note to my nose. The spice and chypre add just a little bit of sharpness. I didn't smell much musk to start with, but then again, musk tends to bloom later on me, and I didn't wear this all day.

This scent is very comforting to me, and I figured out why--it reminds me of first grade (which I loved!). My classroom was near the cafeteria kitchen, so you could always smell some vanilla-y goodness wafting down the hall. The clean notes sort of remind me of Dial soap, and coupled with the pine and vanilla--first grade. Mmmmmm...must find a man and drench him in this!

SOLD! Off to the store I go!

SWEET PINE ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

CHYPRE ~ a blend of Civet, Ambergris, Oakmoss and Musk, it is considered a potently sexual combination with wealth drawing properties as well.

MUSK (Indian and Egyptian Musks, and animalic musks: Muskaro, Mink and Muskrat.) ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

SPICE ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power.

Light, bright green from the pine, as opposed to a deep mossy green. There's almost a citrusiness (I'm sure I made that word up). Perfect for Springtime coming up, and I'll probably go thru this sample fast. Because of that mention of spice "Intesifies love spells and success spells", I think I may use this in a love spell for finding that guy on the label. :) (or a reasonable fascimile, tee hee)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a spicy soapy kind of green on me, I'm actually surprised the musk isn't strong but the spices won out (and they tend to). I wasn't sure if Q would like it because although he likes green scents the best I was afraid the pine would be too strong for him, but he says it smells "like a guy is supposed to" so I suppose that's his endorsement. :Hug_emoticon:

Then he said: "Is this supposed to attract nymphs?"

And I replied if he thinks he can barely keep up with my demands, he definitely couldn't handle a nymph. :love:

Starts out very much green...broken leaf green...that only lasts about 5 minutes....then it turns all soapy on me. This is one of the mellowest soapy scents I have ever smelled, absolutely no tickle to the nose. I kind of like it. Very clean.

Decided to get one more 'clean' scent in addition to Pendragon (and Snoopyace's Summer Place) so I have a bottle of this coming. So ladies, you think this is one that would be a good clean work type scent? I work in counseling and want to smell nice but sometimes Mark's Girl Nip and Mark's Tonka Tobacum are a bit too, uh, distracting for my female clients and I want something clean that smells nice but not 'SEX'.

And you think it is still 'masculine' enough for a guy? Thanks for the input, by the way! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Hooray! Good to know, thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I got my bottle of this yesterday. I really like this scent and think that it will work very well for me in Spring and Summer. Very clean, soapy and green (but not what I think of as TOO green- Creole Man to me smells like green bananas). This one has a great soft scent that is just a hint masculine but that if I smelled on a woman, I'd love.

I put this scent into the same category of unisex scents that I would put Black Candy and Fade To Black into in that I really like them on me but if I smelled them on a woman I'd be following her around waiting to be lucky enough to catch a whiff of her.

This scent is very refreshing and clean, I wanted to smell clean and I though this might be a good one. I love how the Pine and Vanilla mix with my body chemistry. It's a very masculine scent. I occasionally wear men's deodorant not because I have sweaty pits, but because it makes me feel protected and safe like my big strong sexy man is there wrapping his arms around me.

This scent reminds me of that feeling. Also I don't know if it's because I only slept for 2 hours last night or if its the combo of ingredients, but I feel very relaxed and protected.

I feel confident and peaceful, this is a poweful negativity deflector, the usual suspects aren't getting on my nerves today, its as if I have a sound barrier around me where any negative words don't reach my ears.

• 1 month later...

I'd worn this one today after letting it age a bit again. For a few times when I'd wear it this would dry down to an almost dusty scent that wasn't the most pleasant. Shook the bottle VERY well today and gave it ago hoping for what I'd originally loved about the scent. Found it!

Love how the vanilla mixes with the green and it does dry down very soapy and clean smelling. My GF kept leaning in to sniff me. :-P

• 2 months later...

This shouts "SPRING HAS SPRUNG!" A sweet, assertive green chypre that gives a faint, very grown up floral impression. Smells like something I couldn't afford :) It's funny to see Snoopyace's review because as this was drying down I said to myself, "I am going to suggest that men wear this, and they will laugh." This would be so congruent on a man who is cultured, highly intelligent and impeccably dressed and coiffed.

• 2 weeks later...

This will smell AMAZING on a man ... I don't know what note im getting... but that slightly sweet scent is DRIVING ME CRAZY. If I smelt that on a man, I will pound on him and :) :) :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I was actually a bit worried about the sweet pine note... But it's so gentle and lovely on my skin... This to me is not a sexy scent, not an arousal scent.... It's a cuddly one :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co If a guy wore this, i would describe him as LOVELY. I have no idea why... but it reminds me of Karmiel's silken moon light? Could it be the white amber or vanilla??? There's vanilla in this potion but it didn't go bitter or plasticky on my skin! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co WOOP WOOP!

Edited by bumbob

I really hoped I was going to amp the black vanilla on this, but it actually turns out very piney and cologney with the chypre. It starts out greener wet and dries down a bit more woody-cologney but still with enough greenness from the pine. All told, I think it would smell awesome on a manthing, but it's just too masculine for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another winner with My GF. 'Wow, you smell good!'

• 3 months later...

I'm totally into guy smells right now, and wanted to try this one. So wonderfully unisex! I would not feel uncomfortable wearing this, and yet, I'd love to smell it on a guy. Clean, fresh, soft, vanilla a little green-ness... along with some musk, and a bit of spice... I can't stop huffing my arm!

• 1 month later...

This smelt way too green and allergy-flowers for me on first application, but I liked the drydown. I agree that it would make a good manly scent, although on me it goes a bit sweet and vanilla, but it probably wouldn't do that on a man. It smells a bit like a nice cologne. I wouldn't wear it myself, but I'd love to try it on a man.

• 2 months later...

What a truly amazing unisex scent! Usually anything marked "unisex" out in the real world (not our little LPMP universe!) means, "Hey, it's really for one gender, but you other gender feel free to wear it if you don't mind the weird looks and polite coughs."

But this one is very much at home on my wrist and shoulders, and I would positively meld myself to any guy wearing it. Especially if he looked anything like the hunk on the label . . . mmmmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very green but not crisp&light scent for me. Definitely unisex. A bit too heavy for me though, I like lighter crisp green scents. I think it's the spices and musk that "weigh" the scent down for me. Not bad, but I don't think it's something I'd wear regularly. It gets better on drydown, but still not my thing.