Cocoa Sauvignon

Marquess

Can someone review this for me? I can't find a thread for it.

Hey Linnea

I did have some of this but I never reviewed it. When I got it, I could smell the cocoa and several notes in the vial, but as soon as I applied it, my dodgy skin chemistry ate some notes and I got something very, very different with zero cocoa and just quite strange.

So I obviously couldn't review it. It would have been a pretty misleading review if I had tried. I still have some, and would try the cotton wool trick with it for you (I didn't know that trick when I had the CS) but the sample vial is currently packed.

If nobody else can help out I will have a go when I've moved and unpacked, but I'm sure some kind soul will review it before then. :)

May

Hey Linnea

I did have some of this but I never reviewed it. When I got it, I could smell the cocoa and several notes in the vial, but as soon as I applied it, my dodgy skin chemistry ate some notes and I got something very, very different with zero cocoa and just quite strange.

So I obviously couldn't review it. It would have been a pretty misleading review if I had tried. I still have some, and would try the cotton wool trick with it for you (I didn't know that trick when I had the CS) but the sample vial is currently packed.

If nobody else can help out I will have a go when I've moved and unpacked, but I'm sure some kind soul will review it before then. :blink:

May

I have been considering trying this one myself.....so May, I'll be waiting on your assessment of it.....I trust your judgement :lol:

• 5 months later...
Can someone review this for me? I can't find a thread for it.

In the sample vial, I instantly smelled the wine and then came the cocoa. When I applied the fragrance, the wine and slightly fruity notes were the most dominant. The cocoa was like soft background music and very subtle. A few hours later, the wine still is more noticeable than the cocoa. This is a very soft light scent. I feel that is a special occasion scent, and perfect for a fall or winter night when you feel like curling up in the couch with a glass of wine and a book.

• 6 months later...

I think this is a nice melding of the two elements (as I've said time and again, M&D are fantastic with wine accords), my only issue is that it doesn't last long on me.

• 4 weeks later...

Just tried a sample of this. I like it so far. It's not extreme chocolate but it has that cocoa-ness to it. The cocoa does some to disappear into the background though.Fruity and pleasant.Not in a fruity candy or tropical way though of course. Reminds me a bit of a department store though that might sound weird, reminds me of expensive things and holidays. I like it!

It also reminds me of a cozy cabin in the forest (not that I've ever been in the cabin), so maybe that is the oak in it or something. This perfume can take different settings.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 1 month later...

I put this on over Woozy Floozy and a little LAM. Wow! This actually reminded me of PG: Dominance (minus the rose). The cocoa actually smells more like dark cocoa to me. I think if a rose scent was layered on and Dominance phero was added to Cocoa Sauvignon, you would have a very good replica to PG: Dominance. :party:

• 1 month later...

OK, so I don't know WHY I never got around to trying this one earlier....I fully intended to, but it just kept getting shuffled to the bottom of my list.....

This is a truly pretty scent....dark chocolate and wine....hmmmm.....I like......DEFINITELY bottle-worthy....

congrats! :lol2: and oldie but goodie

Yeah, this one is going on the potential full-bottle list.....that list is pretty long now, so I am going to have to start tossing a coin or doing eeny meeny miney moe.....

• 8 months later...

I also find it surprisingly light and soft considering the elements. Wet, the cocoa + violet + pepper was sensuous and delightful. As usual my skin then gobbled the cocoa within seconds, leaving a whisper of sweet wine behind. For some reason this has a "wistful" feel to it for me, dreamy in the day-dreamy / creatively inspiring kind of way (not dozing-off-in-a-garden-in-June way obviously) - it makes me want to curl up next to a fire and write poetry. Off to slather myself in more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This one is lovely--cocoa right off the bat then the wine makes an appearance. It goes briefly floral wine one me then warms up to a powdery cocoa. I really like this one!

• 10 months later...
This is like a cup of hot cocoa to me. Gives a very warm and cozy feeling.

Is this something like Festival of lights????