Lucky in Love Potion No 7

This is like the love child of Bayou Musk and LP Green. :10_small16: The first thing I get wet is dewy greens followed instantly by a gorgeous thick vanilla caramel note. As it dries down, the vanilla caramel and green musk become much more prominent but only add to the fresh breezy scent of spring rather than clashing with it. The green musk also adds a certain sensuality. I absolutely adore it!

Edited by Invidiana

My (male) boss paused in my office doorway today, got a slightly stunned look on his face, and then stammered "It...it....it smells GOOD in here!" I was wearing "Lucky in Love Potion #7", and I probably should admit to the "Cougar" I spritzed on before it. :10_small16:

To all of you that this isn't working on your skin: I am sad for you but that means more for me!!!

Oooh! You got that deer-in-the-headlights effect :banana052: from the Cougar! I love it when that happens. It's so CUTE! And well advantageous with your boss, yes?

Am LUUUUURVING the Lucky in Love Potion #7 meself! Isn't it just so damned beautiful?!?! Yummers.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

There was another man in my office today enthusiastically exclaiming "It smells GOOD in here!" I had started the day out with a different scent ("Money Honey"; sadly gone) but not long before he came in I had refreshed scent-wise (but not phero-wise) with 'Lucky In Love #7'. I luuuuurrrves this stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Aw, too bad! I get that with the occasional vanilla too, but not this one, which thanks to your reminder I am sporting now. Maybe it's the fact that I've got it smooshed together with OCCO Pink? but it is super powdery on me today, which I don't normally like but it works baby, it works.

Finally tried this today. My skin hates it, it went a weird plastic with a hint of vanilla on me?

I get the same reaction too... :'( So sad...

Finally tried this today. My skin hates it, it went a weird plastic with a hint of vanilla on me?

*sniff*

I is verrry sad for you, Beccah!

*snarf*

*runs for Lucky in Love Potion #7*

Heh. More for meeeeeeeeeee! MWAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :kyrii_green_wink:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

*sniff*

I is verrry sad for you, Beccah!

*snarf*

*runs for Lucky in Love Potion #7*

Heh. More for meeeeeeeeeee! MWAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :kyrii_green_wink:

Well at least we won't knock each other over while I run to get more LP SE:2011...

I haven't tried that one yet, but I do have a sample coming! Perhaps we can stand side-by-side and share the Precioussss bounty! Heeeee!

Well at least we won't knock each other over while I run to get more LP SE:2011...

I haven't tried that one yet, but I do have a sample coming! Perhaps we can stand side-by-side and share the Precioussss bounty! Heeeee!

I make no promises to share an LP variant that HB & I both love, but since my bank account isn't limitless :kyrii_green_wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This smells very minty upon application and settles into a play-doh scent. It would be good for keeping alert before it turns to play-doh.

edit: this minty play-doh smell is strangely addictive. When I catch wafts of the perfume, it smells so good. I think I need more of this.

Edited by bruiseviolet

• 2 weeks later...

I love the colour. It is so pretty! I didn't like the scent when I applied it. It was too creamy for my liking. Twenty minutes late, the vanilla started to mellow down and I can smell the 'greens' together with the sweetness. I am quite unsure as I like straight forward fresh and green scents without any creams to weight the scent down. I'll have to test this scent again to fully evaluate it.

This was a rare second bottle purchase for me which is my version of hoarding. Yes, me likey.

LOVE. Pure sugary, soft green, 'nilla luvvvvvve.

• 1 month later...

I thought I was a little iffy on this one, then I went back and fell in love. It's so soft creamy.

It tricks you into believing it's going to be all green but then it becomes creamy and soft.

I enjoyed this last night as I sat there on my bed staring at Highlander.

• 2 months later...

This potion reminds me a lot of New...At first sniff I thought I smelled oakmoss, just like in New, but it turns out Lucky In Love doesn't have this note...but it is very powdery on me, and it is very soothing too...I guess it is the aloe thats makes it soothing...or perhaps the leafy greens.

I think it has a New resemblance in its soothiness, but this scent is more complex and way more feminine than New. I also liked the green color of this potion...when I applied it felt like I was sprinkling some Tinkerbell's pixie dust

Edited by Gabylicious

• 1 year later...

The playdoh/plastic effect is often the result of amber not meshing with one's chemistry, although I guess it could be vanilla as well, although in my experience vanilla gone bad is a sour note rather than a plastic one.

AH HA, I get a perfumey green playdoh. Damn. I was really looking forward to this one, hoping it would be fabulous because I love green-y scents (LP Winter Variant '11 YES. LOVE.), and this sounded like another variant of a green-y LP... but it's not to be. I put it on and immediately got confused thinking this can't be right. It smells like.... powdery...wait, really like playdoh. :(

I know skin chemistry can change throughout the month, so I'll hang onto it and try it again in a week or so to see if it stops turning playdoh on me.

I love this one so much. I think it smells gorgeous on me, and non-Playdohy. Mr. Matt, however, gets the full Playdoh effect from me wafting the scent around! I wear it anyway. Heh. :666: We both like the smell of Playdoh, so it's a-okay. :w00t: Also, this one is nice around the elementary school kids I do art/music with, 'cause they *definitely* like Playdoh!!! Hee!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Wow this has such an interesting Green Musk.

It's so great. I get a green slightly "wild" scent. It is definitely a spring green, but not too fresh.

Like a musky forest green all green trees, wood and animal with a bright flash of mint to keep I from getting too dark.

Definitely a winner for March & St Pattys day. :)

Is this the same Green Musk that was in LP Green?

I don't believe so; green musk is an accord which - to my knowledge - Mara creates based on whatever characteristic is needed for the fragrance, so it's not necessarily the same blend each time.

I don't believe so; green musk is an accord which - to my knowledge - Mara creates based on whatever characteristic is needed for the fragrance, so it's not necessarily the same blend each time.

Thanks Luna. I try to keep track of specific notes I discover. Helpful when PE time comes around for me. I was so lucky to score a bottle of this from Ducky.

I absolutely love all stages of this musk. Right now it's this green wood'ish skin musk. Love it.

Edited by StacyK

I really love concept of green musk, which I don't think I would have discovered if not for Mara. The one she used for my BUNNY LUV PE is wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a question for anyone who likes the green musk and has tried this and other types. I'm trying to size up Green Musks for a PE.

Comparatively speaking, what is the difference between the "green musk " in Lucky In Love and the "Green Musk" in LP Green. In the descriptions the musk in LP Green is noted as being slightly animalic. Would you say that's the case in comparison to #7 or do you have another description?

Comparatively speaking, what is the difference between the "green musk " in Lucky In Love and the "Green Musk" in LP Green. In the descriptions the musk in LP Green is noted as being slightly animalic. Would you say that's the case in comparison to #7 or do you have another description?

I think I answered this question somewhat in your ISO thread.