Brigid's Amber

luna65

This is a very interesting amber, it's much lighter than what you would normally imagine amber to be, which I attribute to the citrus notes. It's got a creamy bottom to it (sort of like Caught In The Act) but it's really warm and glowing with an uplifting quality. Sort of foody in the grand tradition of other LPMP ambers, but if you're generally not one for amber/resins you owe it to yourself to try this one, it's a total Spring amber!

This one is definitely foodie on me. Kind of reminds me of a cookie, a mildly spiced butter cookie. There is a creaminess to this one and the cassia comes thru for me. This one is a light scent!

This one reminded me a lot of Caught in the Act on first application. As the day wore on it turned kinda musty on me and now smells off. I'll try it again later, but it was a nummy light spring scent while it was playing nice, haha. It also irritated the skin on my neck, which has never happened before. Fine on my wrists/chest though. Maybe I just scrubbed myself too hard in the shower :great:

Being an amber lover, I knew this was the first one I needed to try!

This one is a little foody, but not excessively so......kind of like a fruit and cookie "undercurrent" running through it.....I really am enjoying this one......

Most definitely a springy type amber, as my friend Luna described!

Being an amber lover, I knew this was the first one I needed to try!

This one is a little foody, but not excessively so......kind of like a fruit and cookie "undercurrent" running through it.....I really am enjoying this one......

Most definitely a springy type amber, as my friend Luna described!

OK, so as it aged on my skin, it has turned to more of a primarily apple scent with a backdrop of amber.......nice!

OK, so as it aged on my skin, it has turned to more of a primarily apple scent with a backdrop of amber.......nice!

Okay, now we're talking .... people are not quite accustomed to foody scents. I don't mind being the odd one out but they just think it's weird why I want to smell as if I've spent the whole day in the kitchen!

Okay, now we're talking .... people are not quite accustomed to foody scents. I don't mind being the odd one out but they just think it's weird why I want to smell as if I've spent the whole day in the kitchen!

It's not overly foody on my skin.....my man doesn't like foody scents on me, so I don't wear them often.....he is ok with fruity notes though, like the apricot of LP, peaches in Empress, or the Mermaids/Tail type fruitiness......I think he would be ok with this one.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first note I got after applying was something foody and delicious from the bakery, next all these wonderful spices with a hint of fruits came out. Then the apple came to the foreground, a spicy baked apple. The drydown is amber, spices and some kind of apple pastry, but it was very faint.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 4 weeks later...

At first blush, this reminds me of a soft, very sweet mead or even better, one of these intensely sweet fruit wines. The sweetness burns off after a few minutes though, leaving behind a really pretty amber and apple combination.

After complete drydown, Brigid's Amber loses much of its fruitiness on my skin. It settles into a buttery, slightly spicy, and very mild amber. Really, if you're not too sure about resins, there's nothing to fear with this one - the amber is quite soft, and much lighter than I expected.

Me too Ishtar.

Wet it smells like Heaven! After a few minutes it gets very apple-y and spicy. Then it just fades really fast, like those pine tress for your car that you keep after it's been hanging from your windshield wiper thingie for weeks.. but you still keep it there because you love the way it smells and if you hold your nose really close or put it up to the vents there's a little trace that lingers..

I really love this one too.. but it just vanishes.