Velvet Moss

katz

AD-LovePotion-VelvetMoss.jpg

Velvet Moss

A positively tactile sensation, a soft yet deep unisex experience combining the lovely aspects of sweetened violet with mosses and dark smooth woods and resins. Oakmoss (with sugar, vanilla and silk accord) and violet take center stage and are given a dusky sensuality courtesy of frankincense, ambergris, sandalwood and sassafras.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection
,draws luck & fortune, lust.
AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is one I'd *love* to smell on a guy as well as enjoying it for myself. It *is* a fuzzy soft scent! The mosses... are tempered by the light sweetness of the other notes. Sandalwood lends a gentle but solid base for the other notes to play off of.

I probably should have gone with the Lucky #7.

I'm having that feeling too.... :)

Well, being a sucker for violets, I knew this would have to be one of my absolute MUST-TRY samples......I NEED A BOTTLE OF THIS! Wet, it is kind of masculine, but upon drydown, it is nothing short of drop-dead sexy!

I can even smell the sassfras in this....that tickles me.....I am a hillbilly, and regularly drink sassafras tea, so it is a scent that my nose is VERY accustomed to!

Well, being a sucker for violets, I knew this would have to be one of my absolute MUST-TRY samples......I NEED A BOTTLE OF THIS! Wet, it is kind of masculine, but upon drydown, it is nothing short of drop-dead sexy!

I can even smell the sassfras in this....that tickles me.....I am a hillbilly, and regularly drink sassafras tea, so it is a scent that my nose is VERY accustomed to!

I am loving all over this one! I need more than one bottle!

It is pretty close to Dolly's Dark Side, but not quite as heavy....

Edited by Dolly

I am loving all over this one! I need more than one bottle!

Well, I need some bottles of this.....my man loves it......

So, last night, I decided to be a very naughty girl, and I applied some Sexpionage spray to my neck, let it dry down, and then covered with Velvet Moss.

This scent is not an in-your-face, loud-screaming violet scent......it is a soft, lush scent that you FEEL as much as smell....does that make sense? My man was giving me a hug, and had his face all up in my neck, and he started going "MMMMMMMM, what are you wearing? Is that new? Is it one of Mara's?" I told him the basics, and he says...." I like that! You need more. Definitely."

With the help of the Sexpionage, OH MY. It was a clothes-ripping, wall-needing-spackle-in-the-morning good time!

So, I ordered two bottles a few minutes ago......

Edited by Dolly

Really? Just put in an order and will have to wait till April unless PM can add a bottle to my order.

Really? Just put in an order and will have to wait till April unless PM can add a bottle to my order.

Yeah, it reminds me a lot of DDS.....except that it has a dark "greenish" note in the background.....and the scent is a bit "lighter" overall......at least on me......

Yeah, it reminds me a lot of DDS.....except that it has a dark "greenish" note in the background.....and the scent is a bit "lighter" overall......at least on me......

Sent a note to PM this morning. She hasn't invoiced me but I think my package has been prepared and ready to go ....

This is warm, cozy and sweet initially on me, as it dries down the spices and moss are showing themselves. This definitely could be worn by men or women. I am enjoying its richness and sophistication.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 3 weeks later...

This scent reminds me of romping around in the woods when I was younger.. It has the fresh green mossy smell of morning and anticipation, wet, dewy and lush ~ then it explodes into a peaceful, relaxed, and cozy satisfied buzz.

Like a good hike, where your thighs and calves have a pulse and hum afterwards..

• 2 weeks later...

So ladies, do you think this is a scent you'd like to smell on your guy or would it be one that is more inline with him smelling it on you?

So ladies, do you think this is a scent you'd like to smell on your guy or would it be one that is more inline with him smelling it on you?

I think it would be fab on a man, personally......

• 6 months later...

This is definitely unisex, because the violet note is not overly floral, if that makes any sense. The name is wholly appropriate, this has a velvety plush feel to it with the combination of the violet and oakmoss and grows darker with the resins. In the end it's dark and smooth and powdery on me. I don't know that Q would wear it but I think it would smell very sexy on him.

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...

I love this scent, but it's just a little too far on the masculine side of things to wear myself.......so I made my sample into a little spray and gave it to G-Man......

Took some time for him to start wearing it....(since he was only used to commercial type perfumes), but when he did......Oh....smelled so good!

On him it mellows out into this soft smelling skin scent that's really comforting to snuggle up to....(ofcourse I find it comforting to snuggle up to him regardless of what he's wearing, but it's a nice bonus. :lol:)

I had already bought a big bottle of this, hoping to give it to him if/when he was ready to step into the smelly side of life with me......

*yay* for enabling! :banana105:

*yay* for enabling indeed, lol.

I think I had the little spray lying around in my draw for quite a while before I tested it.. First I only sniffed the container and that wasn't really appealing to me. After I sprayed some on though: Whole different story.

The mossy damp smell of it at first really reminds me of the damp forest were I went rock climbing years ago, I really like that. After it dries down it's this soft scent. I didn't really "get" the violet though, which is good for me since I'm not really into the violet..

It's definately one of my favorites.

Zmmmmggggv I usually don't like anything remotely unisex - they usually end up far too masculine on me - And sandalwood, ambergris and especially frank tend not to be great on me - so i wasnt in a hurry to test this...but turns out it is so drop dead delicious on me.... I lurve violet and of course, vanilla sugar is always a winner..another bottle need...lpmp never ceases to surprise and delight...

Edited by tyvey

• 6 months later...

Hmm, this one started out very green on me, but went florally after a while. It was strange though, it was florally in a "manly" way, if that makes any sense?? Like a nice men's aftershave? Very clean and fresh and sexy. I could *almost* get away with wearing it as a female, but I think it would work better on a man. I tried it on a male as well and on him it smelt much spicier, it lost the sweetness it had on me - definitely better on him. Now if only I could convince a man to wear something called "perfume"...

Now if only I could convince a man to wear something called "perfume"...

LOL! Well, tell him it's actually a legal classification. (I do not think there is an alternate word that is more manly.)

Perfumes, colognes, eau de toilet, aftershave, etc., they HAVE TO contain a certain percentage of perfume oil to be called any of these names. It's a matter of concentration, with Perfume being the strongest concentration. Our perfume oils are very concentrated, and even our perfume sprays exceed the concentration required by law to be called a perfume. That's why we call it a perfume spray rather than a cologne spray, as that would denote a lesser concentration of pure perfume oil.

LOL! Well, tell him it's actually a legal classification. (I do not think there is an alternate word that is more manly.)

Perfumes, colognes, eau de toilet, aftershave, etc., they HAVE TO contain a certain percentage of perfume oil to be called any of these names. It's a matter of concentration, with Perfume being the strongest concentration. Our perfume oils are very concentrated, and even our perfume sprays exceed the concentration required by law to be called a perfume. That's why we call it a perfume spray rather than a cologne spray, as that would denote a lesser concentration of pure perfume oil.

Call it scented oil.....that is how I first got my man to try the scents....he is totally addicted now....I love Velvet Moss on me.....haven't tried it on my man, but want to......just haven't quite gotten around to it yet......he would probably smell great in it, because he smells fab in Bodice Ripper, and they both have a violet note.....

Edited by Dolly

Call it scented oil.....that is how I first got my man to try the scents....he is totally addicted now....I love Velvet Moss on me.....haven't tried it on my man, but want to......just haven't quite gotten around to it yet......he would probably smell great in it, because he smells fab in Bodice Ripper, and they both have a violet note.....

I call it scented oil with Mr. Goddess, or just "fragrance". But, he's very amenable, and just does what I tell him to!! LOL!! He's become a master of the "maneuver" and loves it when I bury my nose in his chest!

or just "fragrance".

Right, this is the best way to go. That's how I started discussing it with Q, he uses the Brit appellation "scent" (i.e. When I first brought it up he said, "I'm not really one for wearing scent.").

MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.

AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

I've not reviewed this?!? I LOVE this!!! Snoofing from the vial, it's a lovely, sophisticated perfume. Looking at the notes, that makes sense. As soon as it hits my skin, it gets this foody feel to it! I'm guessing it's the vanilla and sugar, because its like a hint of cookie smell. As it warms, I get the violet, and it's a dark one. LOVE it. The mosses come along and intertwine with the violet, making me swoon. I am a total slut for these notes. B) As the party continues, the sandal and frankincense sort of cradle everything, and the vanilla and sugar make it more...rich. It's quite beautiful, and keeps its sophisticated feel. I*think* I tried and liked it on Mr. Matt last year...but frankly, I am keeping this aaaalllll for MEEEEE! :666::heart: Oh and it's nice mixed with OCCO Purple, too. :)

Hehe, I managed to convince my flatmate to wear this, calling it just "fragrance oil", and specifically telling him to wear it and see what his GF thinks. He wasn't too keen on it at first, but after he wore it around her he said she loved it, and he snatched the whole sample vial from me! I think I have an LP convert!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, so I decided to grab randomly from my LP stash this morning, and this is what I came up with! I love love love this one! For those ladies who like the deeper, richer scents, try this.....gents too.....this one is truly "unisex", and totally sexy!!!

i have my current date guy asking me for scent advice, and i think i am going to let him sniff this one and see what he thinks. He seems to have a good nose and not think my scent addiction is crazy. I.ll post back with his review!

He's a keeper! Hold onto him!! :P

• 4 weeks later...

The funny thing is I didn't realize this was a masculine or unisex blend at all. lol. It's a heavier floral than what I normally like but it's quite nice. It makes me think of night time breeze filled with the heady scent of florals.

The funny thing is I didn't realize this was a masculine or unisex blend at all. lol. It's a heavier floral than what I normally like but it's quite nice. It makes me think of night time breeze filled with the heady scent of florals.

I never thought of florals as a particularly manly thing either, however Bodice Ripper has violet in it as weell, and it smells absolutely FAB on my man.....still haven't gotten around to trying my Velvet Moss on him....maybe because I'm greedy and want to keep it for myself.....LOL