Velvet Moss

katz

I just noticed others have stated there's a green quality to it; I guess that's a matter of perception. It's not really that way for me, not like FROG or Bayou Musk or Cocomama or Pleasure Valley, for example.

This has a real similarity to Night of Delight on my skin, I think the violet is providing the almost banana note. This is somewhat less masculine on me though as the hay in NoD is prominent.

This is sexyboy-sexygirl, it's late sixties, early 70's style boys with long wavy dark hair, pretty eyes and nice lips, velvet jackets, and girls could wear it too.

This one for me is sweet and very fluffy and cool. I know what you mean about Night of Delight, it has that cold feeling for me as well, but this reminds me most of purple puff in that fluffy, sweet pillowy thing category. This is almost like if Purple Puff moved away to somewhere like... a bad neighborhood in Brooklyn and became a vampire. It has that vampy man thing going on but also a night thing going on, like a cool night breeze that Night of Delight has.

So this for me would be an edgier Purple Puff.

wow, yes i know what you mean, despite one being violet and the other lavender, i totally get it. Purple puff corrupted. Maybe purple puff and night of delight had a corrupt little offspring that does bad things in the night. As time has gone on it's less night of delight-y but the initial impression was very similar. I do love it whatever though!

wow, yes i know what you mean, despite one being violet and the other lavender, i totally get it. Purple puff corrupted. Maybe purple puff and night of delight had a corrupt little offspring that does bad things in the night. As time has gone on it's less night of delight-y but the initial impression was very similar. I do love it whatever though!

Yes like PP and NOD had an extramarital affair, and Purple Puff had to go the nunnery to have Velvet Moss, because her husband The Masked Man was away for a year on business. Once she had her, then she was forced to go live with the maids daughter in Brooklyn, she became dark and beautiful, dangerous even, but underneath all that mossy glossy exterior she was soft and beautiful like her mother.

I gave this to my friend who loved NoD, and guess what? He doesn't love it. To quote him ''weeeelll I was sat on the bus and I was just thinking.. I smell too perfumey, I'll give it you back''. I think maybe it was just too violet-y on him.

I sent him away with Vintage Musk, to placate him with the fact I wasn't letting him have Exotic Musk (I hand him the bottle, unscrews, sniff sniff ...ooooh that's gorgeous, and starts rolling it on wrists and neck..). 'Yes it is rather nice isn't it..(.take bottle back...switch for Vintage)...here take this and try wearing it.

Lady V, I think you should go into writing erotica.

I gave this to my friend who loved NoD, and guess what? He doesn't love it. To quote him ''weeeelll I was sat on the bus and I was just thinking.. I smell too perfumey, I'll give it you back''. I think maybe it was just too violet-y on him.

I sent him away with Vintage Musk, to placate him with the fact I wasn't letting him have Exotic Musk (I hand him the bottle, unscrews, sniff sniff ...ooooh that's gorgeous, and starts rolling it on wrists and neck..). 'Yes it is rather nice isn't it..(.take bottle back...switch for Vintage)...here take this and try wearing it.

Lady V, I think you should go into writing erotica.

Lol.

• 2 months later...

Well, being a sucker for violets, I knew this would have to be one of my absolute MUST-TRY samples......I NEED A BOTTLE OF THIS! Wet, it is kind of masculine, but upon drydown, it is nothing short of drop-dead sexy!

I can even smell the sassfras in this....that tickles me.....I am a hillbilly, and regularly drink sassafras tea, so it is a scent that my nose is VERY accustomed to!

Hi, Dolly! Missed you... and I hope that you are doing wonderfully. I'm looking forward to hopefully catching up with you and others via the forum and email chats.

So, I'm searching the forum for reviews to help find a Dark Seduction replacement... and, knowing that we share many scent-preferences... certainly seems like I need to check Velvet Moss out... after all, we need the drop-dead sexy scents, don't we ;)

Hi, Dolly! Missed you... and I hope that you are doing wonderfully. I'm looking forward to hopefully catching up with you and others via the forum and email chats.

So, I'm searching the forum for reviews to help find a Dark Seduction replacement... and, knowing that we share many scent-preferences... certainly seems like I need to check Velvet Moss out... after all, we need the drop-dead sexy scents, don't we ;)

CHAI! SWEETIE! So so sooooooo happy to see you back! So odd......I was just thinking about you yesterday afternoon!

Velvet Moss is 100% FAB!!!! Love it.....it has a bit of a different character than DS, but veery lush and thick smelling......OOOOH, you MUST try Sex and Violins!

PS.....be sure to get my email from Mara.....I am pretty sure it has changed since we last talked.....we need to catch up!!!!

Edited by Dolly

• 2 weeks later...

This is a scent I got back in August and never seemed to have put into my rotation but for the last few weeks I have been wearing this in quite a bit and I just have to comment how much I love this on. The Violet and Sandalwood blend so beautifully together and after about an hour I have this beautiful soft floral sitting on my skin. I love how long lasting this seems to be on me… It lasts most of a work day on me.

This scent is a bit heavy and I think it’s perfect to wear in the winter. I love how its dark, resinous and sexy all rolled into one.

I had my bottle enhanced with EOW and I’m glad I did as I love the effect I get from this. I have not had the best of luck with copulins but with the bottles I got enhanced with EOW those all seem to work out great for me…

• 2 years later...