Pot of Gold

luna65

AD-LovePotion-PotOfGold.jpg?v=7516fd43ad

Pot of Gold

A golden bounty any leprechaun would jealously guard! A mouthwatering take on a traditional Irish dessert which is incredibly rich and creamy, and brightened with citrus notes. A thick fluffy heart of vanilla, custard cream, butterscotch, caramel and buttercream is layered with Irish Cream and orange liqueur and given further zing with tangerine and a base of lemony copal and frankincense resins. For a bit of sparkly fun we then finished it off with a sprinkle of gold mica and 24kt gold flakes (so don't forget to shake it up). Oooh…shiny!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
ORANGE/TANGERINE~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.
FERMENTED ALCOHOL ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
GOLD ~ Gold is masculine in energy and a representation of the sun. It's energy is projective and aggressive, and represents wealth and prosperity.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanilla lovers, if this works for you it's the kind of vanilla to die for, so thick and creamy, like if you were made out of pudding. I would swear it's got just the tiniest bit of coconut oil in it, like the Twinkie cream filling note Mara uses sometimes. If the booze notes seem too strong at first (they did for me the first time I tested it) let them burn off before you pass judgement, because the heart of this one is really yummy. The citrus on me is really more a suggestion than an actual note but it does lend a tiny shimmer to it, scentwise. All in all it is so very *slurp*worthy!

And the shimmer from da Sparklies too :party: ...this is one I really like on me,even though I fail at being able to describe the notes/nuances et all...this is a Calii smiles kinda scent :o

I think it's more "fluffy" than AVV, but I don't know if it has the coconut oil note, it just smells like that to me. The citrus may be stronger for some people, it all depends. It's very creamy but a somewhat lighter tone, IMO.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

ORANGE/TANGERINE~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.

FERMENTED ALCOHOL ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Initially, I'm getting an Irish cream liqueur with something cool behind it, almost like mint. Now that it has dried down, it's more of a soft sweet vanilla with whiffs of incense. Very nice and comforting. I think this would be great with some cops added.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Vanilla lovers, if this works for you it's the kind of vanilla to die for, so thick and creamy, like if you were made out of pudding. I would swear it's got just the tiniest bit of coconut oil in it, like the Twinkie cream filling note Mara uses sometimes. If the booze notes seem too strong at first (they did for me the first time I tested it) let them burn off before you pass judgement, because the heart of this one is really yummy. The citrus on me is really more a suggestion than an actual note but it does lend a tiny shimmer to it, scentwise. All in all it is so very *slurp*worthy!

I thought it was just me, but I got coconut booze too. I liked it.

I wore this last night. Vanilla without the plasticky undertones it can often get for me. Rich and very creamy after drydown, with the hint of citrus making it "fluffy" I think. I loved it! It was more-than-vanilla.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Revisting this one today and it is wonderful :) ...gee I get an almost Darling Clementine-ish vibe on me :w00t: Has a light touch of orange liquer,maybe ?

• 1 year later...

Well, I've tried this one twice, and so far it just doesn't work with my skin. In the bottle, I get gorgeous creamy lemon cake, with a hint of coconut flakes in the frosting. To die for. Then I put it on, and wet on my skin I get a quite sour lemon smell--maybe the fermented alcohol? Which isn't bad, but then--within moments, the whole thing just disappears! All the smells gone.

I did have, the first time I wore, a soft whiff of delicious vanilla some stretch of time later (since I had stopped thinking of myself as wearing perfume, I actually did a slight double-take and thought, what is that teasingly faint, beautiful smell--and realized it was me!) but sadly, it disappeared again. The second time I put it on I slathered with at least twice as much, hoping for better results with more volume, but it still disappeared within a couple of minutes.

I'll definitely take this out and give some more trials, in hopes that either the perfume needs more time to settle after being shipped, or in hopes that my skin chemistry will adjust. The scent itself is gorgeous, and exactly what I was hoping it would be.

I never realized how much I use this one. I must wear it a lot because the bottle is almost gone! To me this smells like warm buttery caramel popcorn for some reason. I know there isn't caramel in here, but that is what it smells like on me. I need to get another bottle of this baby!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This was a total impulse buy for me on AF and OH MY did I luck out. This scent is just beautiful... creamy, dreamy, fluffy vanilla with just a hint of citrus - not a 'jabby' note at all - it just compliments the well-balanced vanilla notes. I don't get the "alcohol" note at all, and I have no clue what Copal smells like ;) I wondered if the gold mica would be a bit much on my skin, but it's subtle; I almost feel like this is some kind of prosperity, money-drawing potion when I put it on (intent is half the power!) so we'll see what manifests, LOL.

When I come upon a scent that just 'works' in all stages - in the bottle, wet, dry and hours later - it really makes my day. This is definitely trade-stalker worthy.

:Emoticons04235:

• 5 months later...

I got aFB of this from a trade and it's a gorgeous vanilla scent, i love it! When first applied it reminds me a lot of OCCO White, even though i know there's no cops in this one, but as it dries down it becomes a gorgeous deep vanilla blend. I love it.

My brother who has a 'weird nose' and doesn't easily like scents said that it smelled amazing like a rich italian vanilla cream or something.

I can't really smell the orange/tangerine in this one, all i get is a heavy dark delicious vanilla scent, that you know is not just vanilla but you can't really tell what else is in there that makes it so gorgeous (unless you read the ingridients of course!) :)