Orchidacious

snowflake

AD-LovePotion-Orchidacious.jpg

Orchidacious

Our delightful gourmand floral features creamy sensual orchid surrounded by a Polynesian bouquet of hibiscus, pikake, plumeria and mimosa, with hints of passionfruit and patchouli smoothed by musk and given a yummy touch of chocolate and vanilla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
PIKAKE ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
MIMOSA ~ Secret love, sensibility, demureness, humility, healing.
PASSION FRUIT ~ Friendship, love.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is floral, but not in a common way. It's light but sophisticated. In the vial: orchid, hibiscus, passion fruit; on my skin it melts to a smooth, ladylike flower scent, after 30 minutes the vanilla and chocolate notes come through. I like this one, I should try it as a spray.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big flower person but I love orchid; one of my PEs is orchid, even. Unfortunately with this scent the other tropical flowers in this mix really crowd everything else out for me. However, that's what generally happens with white/tropical florals and my chemistry (which is one of the reasons I shy away from them). BUT if you enjoy that kind of scent (such as if you liked 3 of Pears or Tropical Temptation) then you should definitely try it. There's a lovely passionfruit top note in the vial for me but it didn't really come out on my skin. The most interesting thing is, in the drydown, the patchouli emerges and some of the tropical aspect remains, it's nice in its way and certainly I've never smelled patchouli in this particular context!

• 2 weeks later...

I got orchid right away on this one, then it settled into a nice chocolate vanilla delight. I envisioned someone's wedding day at an expensive hotel like the Plaza or The Waldorf- a luxury hotel in NYC. That's the first impression I received from the orchids, they are luxe and gorgeous , then after the bride marches in with her beautiful dress and orchids , you toast with champagne, you sit at the tables with the gourmet chocolates that have the bride and groom's initials wrapped in pretty little boxes ~ the final note I got was the vanilla, a vanilla cake with champagne custard and tiny edible pearls on the fondant

It's a very luxurious type of scent, beautiful and dreamy.

This smelled like celery punched me in the nose for about 15 minutes. It was really stinky. Then after about 15-20 minutes it dried down and was a nice vanilla floral.

This scent smells amazing on me too. Very floral, love it! My skin is the best with the florals, green leafy, watery, type of scents.

i love this one! i get a blast of orchid at first and then tones down into a beautiful floral. this is the only perfume from LPMP that Darling has said he really liked. i need more bottles.

I am really happy that so many people have enjoyed this one. My wife has called it her favorite of the scents I've created. The orchid does really come out strong at first but then blends in later. The vanilla comes out a bit after awhile and blends nicely with the other florals. I am a big fan of orchids and wanted something specifically for our orchid fans out there. I am thrilled that it turned out close to how I envisioned it.

I am really happy that so many people have enjoyed this one. My wife has called it her favorite of the scents I've created. The orchid does really come out strong at first but then blends in later. The vanilla comes out a bit after awhile and blends nicely with the other florals. I am a big fan of orchids and wanted something specifically for our orchid fans out there. I am thrilled that it turned out close to how I envisioned it.

You really did a beautiful job with this one, It really does remind me of an elegant wedding, and I will most likely get one for the warmer months like May

I love orchid-based scents but from the reviews, it seems like this is a very complex scent. I'm so undecided. How does this compare with the previous Orchid scents?

THIS IS NICE!!! I LOVE ORCHID scents!!! :)

Wet: sweet peach scent + orchid

Dry: sweet orchid (a subtle version of sugared orchid on my skin)

Where's the chocolate?? I don't get ANY!!! :D Orchidacious is very subtle on my skin- me likey! :) It's a subtle sweet orchid that stays to your skin :) I have to sniff quite hard to smell the orchid! Got slightly dizzy coz i sniffed a bit too hard! haha! :) OOO... This is actually quite a complex scent.... def. not as "pure" as the sugared version IMO.... It is a very PRETTY orchid though!

Will try again tomorrow :)

Edited by bumbob

I've only smelled my sample in the vial thus far, but the impression I get is very luxe. Very high end, definitely a scent you'd wear to a classy event.

THIS IS NICE!!! I LOVE ORCHID scents!!! :)

Wet: sweet peach scent + orchid

Dry: sweet orchid (a subtle version of sugared orchid on my skin)

How does this differ from Orchid de Peche, Bumbob?

How does this differ from Orchid de Peche, Bumbob?

I have a sample coming so I can compare the two then! :)

I don't notice any chocolate, although it may play a supporting role. Florals can go a bit strident on me sometimes, but this is gorgeous and elegant. It is extremly lush, but at the same time well-bred and subtle. The beautiful label artwork captures this exactly: the model's creamy complexion and soft pink makeup against the velvety petals are a perfect visual representation of this scent.

This is such a lovley scent on me. I wanted to place an order for Trinon-Esque but its kinda sold out, glad this is still available, its such a gourges floral scent, i couldnt resist, lol, plus iam kinda drunk...lols :CHEERS~19: ahhh, eeeee, yay, iam in a cloud :wit3:

This is such a lovley scent on me. I wanted to place an order for Trinon-Esque but its kinda sold out, glad this is still available, its such a gourges floral scent, i couldnt resist, lol, plus iam kinda drunk...lols :wit3: ahhh, eeeee, yay, iam in a cloud :wit3:

We have LOTS of Trianonesque! Just FYI, little drunky girl. :CHEERS~19:

We have LOTS of Trianonesque! Just FYI, little drunky girl. :lol:

OMG, MARA!!! :surprised: Instead of Orchidacious can u swap that with Trianon-Esque then??? I didnt know that was still available I would have bought that instead!

Thank you for the FYI.

P.S. I will place an order for Orchidacious another time.

YAY! :lolipop:

Edited by AncientGoddess

Is "kinda sold out" sort of like "kinda pregnant?" :lol:

LOL! You guys have to excuse my drunk personality...hahaha, she likes to come on the forums sometimes too...hahaha :lolipop::surprised:

Edited by AncientGoddess

Well, just as long as you know that I tend to mock drunken people (I do it to Quince all the time) then it's all good. :lol:

I'm in love with this one! The orchid and chocolate in this keep the tropicals from going to shampoo on me! Not that, that would be bad (men seem to like a gal straight out of the shower, you know). This scent is just SO classy with the right touch of sweetness. I can see HB in complete adoration of this, although my twelve year old's verdict was : "Smells like one of those oil plug-ins from Grandma's house." Well at least she gets hers from Bath & Body Works :)

I'll need at least a sample to find out if this works out on my skin.

We like a lot of the same scents, so I bet this one will be right up your alley.

• 4 weeks later...

Orchids are one of my favourite florals, so I had to try this!

In the vial, it's all hibiscus and passionfruit, with a hint of vanilla. The passionfruit strikes me as very true to nature, not at all syrupy or reminiscent of artificial flavouring as is often the case.

Once on my skin, the orchids immediately come out to play, with the other tropical notes now playing a supporting role. There is a sharper, almost menthol-like note in the background that must probably be the mimosa - another favourite of mine.

I usually tend to think of fruity/florals as fairy straightforward scents, but this is complex and very well blended. It's exotic, luscious, and intriguing - I keep coming back to it, trying to identify each individual note.

• 1 month later...

This was the first one I hit among a bag of at least 40 new scents (bottles, samples and sniffees) I received last night.

It is such a lovely scent. Flora with the right touch of sweetness. Just as the ladies said, the lady on the label projects the exact image/aura of the scent, pink, soft (and creamy). I'm uncertain if I pick up a hint of chocolate somewhere. 4-5 hours after application, after the flora and vanilla's all gone, I was left with what honeycomb usually leaves me with ... whispers of baby powder on my skin.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I retried Orchidacious recently because towards the end of last year when I fell in love with Denise's Orchid and someone's else's orchid PE, I wanted to get a pretty orchid scent for my cousin's birthday and boost it with something. ~ Wow I'd forgotten how beautiful this was! It's so classy and sophisticated ~ just screams 'Beautiful ' without really trying too hard. This is effortless beauty. The ingredients flow and dance so well in this I HAD to get a bottle for me too - and I boosted it with Cougar for extra sparkle.

Can't wait to try it out!

I retried Orchidacious recently because towards the end of last year when I fell in love with Denise's Orchid and someone's else's orchid PE, I wanted to get a pretty orchid scent for my cousin's birthday and boost it with something. ~ Wow I'd forgotten how beautiful this was! It's so classy and sophisticated ~ just screams 'Beautiful ' without really trying too hard. This is effortless beauty. The ingredients flow and dance so well in this I HAD to get a bottle for me too - and I boosted it with Cougar for extra sparkle.

Can't wait to try it out!

Oh I LOVE this one! Lmk how it does with the cougar added in?!

I will! I so love the sparkle of Cougar, I think it will go well with the sparkle of the orchids.

I bet you'll be a mega-glamour girl! I do have un-Cougar that I could test with Orchidacious, hmm...I guess I better get to testing ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cant beleive I didnt ever give this a chance.I had the sample for months! Ok I put this on this morning.Immediatly get a beautiful soft creamy floral!

Mmm! dries down sweet floral and kinda chocolatey. I dont know,I cant put scents into words! Let just say Its really unique and beautiful,perfect for warmer weather.

I have so many bottles in my cart and I added this. its full bottle worthy to me!