Need the board's help in recommending a blend

I ordered about a dozen samples and am in the middle of the trial phase. I will try each of them about 3 times since I read they can change on your skin.

The problem I am having is this: The blends I like a lot (LP black, Mara's Rocket fuel, Garland and Lace) others say smell to dark brown sugar syrupy on me. But I haven't given up on spicy scents, I am just not sure which element is coming out so strong, (cinnamon, Amber, dk sugar) I don't know what amber smells like so I can't identify.

I tried Detective and Dame, Irrisistable Forces, and Sexology 2 and they all smelled perfume-y (Like Estee Lauder Linen) on me and very strong. Sexology 2 smelled like that old timey Jovan Musk (Cuddle Bunny was close to perfumy but I liked it was more subtle and melded with my skin better)

But others said they smelled ok and seemed to prefer those over the spicy.

So Dilemmas:

The common ingredient in some of the perfumy ones is Tonka and Amber resins. What is Tonka?Could that be it?

What do you all recommend for a more spicy scent. I am thinking less sugar spice and a bit more cedar, woodsy? Yet still with a bit of sweetness (I love patchouli) But I don't want to smell like an evergreen tree.

Finally, Do you wear scent because YOU like it or because it smells good to OTHERS?

Is it possible to find a scent you like then have your phero choice lightly blended with that scent? OR do you need a good amount of scent to cover the phero smell? I think I can wear LP black if it was a bit lighter.

PS I don't slather these on either. Just touch the sample applicator to my skin. Just dots.

Edited by Raq On

Finally, Do you wear scent because YOU like it or because it smells good to OTHERS?

Some of us already discussed in response to your comment in the other thread. As I stated, I don't wear perfume to be validated by others, my opinion of it is truly the only one that matters. I do wear scents for Quince which he enjoys to enhance our intimacy and because I love him and want to please him, but there are others he does not like and that doesn't stop me from wearing them, just not around him.

If you want a really spicy scent, try Skelly Head Flambe.

Tonka has a vanilla-like scent to it.

Finally, what is so wrong with smelling "dark brown sugar syrupy?" If someone thinks a fragrance shouldn't be foody, that's only their opinion, it's not a definitive judgment or something to live by.

I get the most compliments when I wear foody scents, MRF, Sexology, Garland and lace, Compromising Positions, LP red, black. People tell me I smell like cookies, cakes, sugar, cinnabuns, yummy, edible, nommy things so it's quite sexy when you combine food scents with your skin when you think about it. But really, all that matters is what YOU like to smell like, whatever scent makes you happy, confident, comfortable.

Have you tried Passion & Desire, which is LP Black & LP Red together? I'm not sure what you would mean by 'spicy'. Cardomon, ginger, or nutmeg might appeal to you. If you know anyone who cooks - attack their spice rack and sniff! Tonka is a gritty, smokey, twiggy vanilla.

I believe the perfume-y ones you mention are more um...blended? Single notes are difficult to pick out from the whole composition. I often find my friends will gravitate towards this style because that's what they are accustomed to as being 'perfume'. I'm re-training them. :D

I wear perfume for //me// 90% of the time. I'm delighted if other people like my perfume too. I wear pheros for other people.

I wear some scents for me and some scents for my man......pheros mostly for my man or others, when I need to "steer" the situation in a certain direction......

For instance LP Black is one of my faves, my man has an "off and on" reaction to it.....sometimes he likes it, sometimes not so much. BUT it is one of my staples, and I keep a nice stash of it on hand at all times....

As a general rule though, he and I like similar scents......LP Black doesn't go very foody on me.....I am not THAT into foody scents, and neither is he, so this is a good thing.

I have personally taken some perfumes and blended a small amount into an unscented phero blend to create a lightly scented phero version.....your best bet would be to call and talk to Mara, and see what she can do for you......

Edited by Dolly

Finally, what is so wrong with smelling "dark brown sugar syrupy?"

:D

Tell it to TT! He think perfume should smell like perfume, bahahaha!

You're tastes will evolve as you do. Currently you're used to commercial. If you like cedar, than Iron Angel would be a good bet, you might also try Q&Q's Delicious Wood :D

Quince was used to perfume smelling "perfume-y" and that's why he didn't like it. Until he met me he didn't even know gourmand scents existed. That's why he was so amazed at how I smelled the day we met.

Some of us already discussed in response to your comment in the other thread. As I stated, I don't wear perfume to be validated by others, my opinion of it is truly the only one that matters. If you want a really spicy scent, try Skelly Head Flambe.

Finally, what is so wrong with smelling "dark brown sugar syrupy?" If someone thinks a fragrance shouldn't be foody, that's only their opinion, it's not a definitive judgment or something to live by.

Yes, I DO read those. I am trying my best to read before I post. But sometimes I re-frame my question because I may feel it was unclear in the OP. There is nothing wrong with smelling syrupy. I meant that on me it becomes cloying even for me. I was aiming at spicy foody yes, but maybe there was something more spicy earthy to balance out the foodiness.

So, loud and clear you all like to wear scent for you. Got it. My point in asking that was that I just didn't want to overdo and be offensive to anyone within close range.

Be yourself and wear what you like but try to be sensitive to the people around you.

I don't think smelling like some dark brown sugar syrup is offensive. They are just not used to such perfumes which don't smell like the usual commerical stuff.

You can get PM to add a phero blend to a scent you like. Besides cops, most scents should cover most of the UN pheros. You may want to consider if the phero is congruent with the scent though, e.g. I think a bright lemony scent will go better with UN Cougar or Alpha-nol then H&S or Tranquility. Have fun!

Edited by JOC

Yes, I DO read those. I am trying my best to read before I post. But sometimes I re-frame my question because I may feel it was unclear in the OP. There is nothing wrong with smelling syrupy. I meant that on me it becomes cloying even for me. I was aiming at spicy foody yes, but maybe there was something more spicy earthy to balance out the foodiness.

So, loud and clear you all like to wear scent for you. Got it. My point in asking that was that I just didn't want to overdo and be offensive to anyone within close range.

I have lighter scents for when I am going to be around people who I know have sensitivities to perfumes.....it never can hurt to have a few of those. You may really like LP Original, as a lighter but totally gorgeous alternative.

And, of course if you find that you like the light LAM scents, you can also get them phero-free in the No-Co line.....

It's a very subjective process. We can recommend things all the live-long day but how they wear on you may be very different than how they wear on us. The only way you can truly know what works for you is to test it out. If other people's impressions mean more to you than your own, if you're around people all the time and you care about what they think, they pay attention to their reactions and avoid those scents.

:blue_dancing_banana:

It is very much dependent on your nature,and of course body chemistry :yeahthat: The experimenting is the fun part,and when you think you found "the One",well guess what,another will be along...and then another...and then :10_small16:

:blue_dancing_banana:

It is very much dependent on your nature,and of course body chemistry :yeahthat: The experimenting is the fun part,and when you think you found "the One",well guess what,another will be along...and then another...and then :10_small16:

Amen to that! I'm wearing Cougar today which I thought I wouldn't like (fruity in the tester) but it's kind of nice! I am around people all day and I just want to be respectful of any sensitivities they may have, not to any particular scent but to too much of it. The sugary ones are quite strong on me, but I still love them! My son loves them and says I smell like a cookie.

Have you tried Passion & Desire, which is LP Black & LP Red together? I'm not sure what you would mean by 'spicy'. Cardomon, ginger, or nutmeg might appeal to you. If you know anyone who cooks - attack their spice rack and sniff! Tonka is a gritty, smokey, twiggy vanilla.

I believe the perfume-y ones you mention are more um...blended? Single notes are difficult to pick out from the whole composition. I often find my friends will gravitate towards this style because that's what they are accustomed to as being 'perfume'. I'm re-training them. :10_small16:

I wear perfume for //me// 90% of the time. I'm delighted if other people like my perfume too. I wear pheros for other people.

Sorry, What I mean by spicy, are scents like patchouli, cardamom, cedar, sandalwood, etc. maybe a couple of sweet notes (sugars?) too.

Good description of Tonka. BTW, what is a "dirty" scent? is it earthy? Also "smutty" .

In my parlance:

smutty = literally smells like sex

dirty = provocatively sexy

earthy = smells like dirt or earth or evokes that quality somehow.

The notes you list as spicy are normally considered earthy as they are resins and woods. Spicy, the way we refer to it, is usually literally spice, like cardamom as you say, or cinnamon, clove, ginger, et al. Brown sugar is usually considered more of a spice note as well.

The experimenting is the fun part,and when you think you found "the One",well guess what,another will be along...and then another...and then :10_small16:

That's why I'm a stalker here ..... constantly looking for another one!

In my parlance:

smutty = literally smells like sex

dirty = provocatively sexy

earthy = smells like dirt or earth or evokes that quality somehow.

The notes you list as spicy are normally considered earthy as they are resins and woods. Spicy, the way we refer to it, is usually literally spice, like cardamom as you say, or cinnamon, clove, ginger, et al. Brown sugar is usually considered more of a spice note as well.

So maybe what I am after is a smutty/dirty scent. Don't want earthy as the predominant smell. This helps, thanks.

Also, I am finding my fave is Sparkle Fuschia so far. It isn't so vanilla-y and stays on my sking through the day. Would it make a good "cover scent" I know it's already got Stone Cougar in it, so maybe that would cancel other pheros out? but it seems to be the scent that stays the most true on me.

Besides EOW do any of the other pheros have a distinct odor on their own?

Most do, depending on your sensitivity. Some have less of an odor than others.

Generally a phero-enhanced scent isn't used as a cover scent for anything else, although some people do mix phero blends. What Dr. Stone has stated is to wear more than one blend at a time will reduce the effectiveness of all of them, although some people's experiences may run counter to that theory.

Most do, depending on your sensitivity. Some have less of an odor than others.

Generally a phero-enhanced scent isn't used as a cover scent for anything else, although some people do mix phero blends. What Dr. Stone has stated is to wear more than one blend at a time will reduce the effectiveness of all of them, although some people's experiences may run counter to that theory.

okay thank you. most helpful