Drunken Cake

luna65

I could have sworn this already had a thread...if it does, Ail please merge and spank the numpty luna!

I'm going to let Quince have the final say on this one, as he loves for me to smell like cake and is all in favor of cake and beer (especially on his bday!). I asked him if he'd ever eaten porter cake and he said not in years but then he had some on St. Patrick's Day and proclaimed it as good as he remembered, but not nearly drunk enough. :o

For me this is a nice spiced fruitcake (not in the negative sense, of course) with a sort of yeasty impression on the bottom, which I'm assuming is the beer accords. It goes a little sharp on me which liquor accords tend to do sometimes. I think this would be great for fall/winter because it's so warm and toasty and comforting. But it's a dense kind of cake impression, not a fluffy one. Those who love spice blends should definitely try it.

Ohhh,I have been waiting for someone to review this one :) I was seriously beginning to wonder if it was a case of lets stock up first :o

I like this one a lot,on me it is a dense <wow,I actually get that now> but a golden yellow cake,kinda like a moist pudding cake <?> (you all know by now that I am not a good reviewer) It is just the right sweetness, and the liquor note is such an intriquing one.

Luna,I will be Very interested in Quince's opinion :)

I was soooo excited about this one & I was sure it would be a total Rosebud scent but alas it would seem Rosebud's skin did not seem to want to comply. I get nothing but sour beer.... Not a drop of vanilla or cake :banana058: So disappointing...

Tough one to describe. I do get the dense pudding cake aroma, but on me I wouldn't call this a 'cake' scent. There's a lot going on. On me I get an apple booze scent which is rather nice. However I may be noticing it because it is new 'flavor' to my nose.

Tough one to describe. I do get the dense pudding cake aroma, but on me I wouldn't call this a 'cake' scent. There's a lot going on. On me I get an apple booze scent which is rather nice. However I may be noticing it because it is new 'flavor' to my nose.

I got the apple booze scent too,but it oddly reminds me a little of Pirate Bumbo??????????? I really like it though. It is definately not a vanilla sugary scent on me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad I got a sample of this one! Wet, I definitely get Beer. But good beer, expensive & rich. The boozy note lasts a while, but, thankfully, I don't smell like a drunk. Then the yummy cake comes in all sweet & spicy. Love it so far. It may be my next bottle!

• 3 months later...

Wet I get a lot of the beer, but as Paganlady said good beer, like a nice Guinness or something like that. As it dries down the bear mellows out into a more bready note and makes way for some delicious buttery frosted cake studded with a bit of fruitiness to round it out. It kind of reminds me of a fattening cakey version of Irish soda bread. Need to resist the temptation to gnaw hand off...

• 6 months later...