Hello friends, old and new!

Ishtar

Hi everyone! I recognize quite a few friendly faces from other boards - I am thrilled to be here!

My name is Emmanuelle. I am 36, was born and raised in France, and I have been living in Vancouver, BC for the past 10 years.

A fellow BPAL-ite enabled me months ago by sending me a sample of Isis (of course, I had to fall in love with a long-gone scent...)

I have been wearing perfume oils and artisan scents for years, but I am completely new to the world of pheromones. It's a real treat to read all the great info posted by experienced users, and since I love learning something new, I couldn't be happier!

My preferences tend to run towards sweeter, richer, darker scents. I do very well with resins, vanilla, musks, spices, and most types of fruit. Experience has taught me not to dismiss any component outright though, especially when sampling from the catalogue of a new-to-me parfumeur.

I am probably going to need lots of recommendations, so expect to see me post again soon!

In the meantime, if anyone can suggest something similar to my beloved Isis (I saw someone mention LP Black in a review, I think?), I am all ears!

In the meantime, if anyone can suggest something similar to my beloved Isis (I saw someone mention LP Black in a review, I think?), I am all ears!

IMO, the closest scent to ISIS (which is also one of my loves) is Naughty On The Nile. It has a similar quality but is not exact. If you like the deep brown sugar-based scents then I would recommend things like LP Black and Fade To Black.

Hi and welcome to our forum :) you have found the very best place to be and this will be the beginning of a fun time experimenting in the pheromone world too. The products here are of the highest quality ! I have not tried Isis myself,but know you will find many others you like.Enjoy :D

IMO, the closest scent to ISIS (which is also one of my loves) is Naughty On The Nile. It has a similar quality but is not exact. If you like the deep brown sugar-based scents then I would recommend things like LP Black and Fade To Black.

:D

Took the words right out of my mouth...

WELCOME, Ishtar!

:)

Welcome welcome!!! You are going to have an awesome time being smelly here! :D Enjoy!!!! :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the recommendations, everyone!

I am off to hunt down samples of the scents you have suggested... plus a couple more, I'm sure :)

PS: the emoticons on this forum are the best - they crack me up! :D

:) Hi, Ishtar!!! Nice to meet you, and INTERESTING TIMING here! This evening my Hubbie & I were talking about Ishtar and a bunch of her God/dess contemporaries! WOOT! This is a great place. ENJOY! :D

Oooh! P.S. Is your avi from Gay Purree? Don't remember whether that's how they spelled it...ah, well!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Thanks to all three of you for the warm welcome. halo0073, you're right, this forum seems exceptionally friendly!

ElizabethOSP, I don't meet many people who know of/are interested in Ishtar! I am more of a Kemetic (Egyptian) bent myself, but I do have an affinity with Her.

Being the cat lover that I am, I had to google Gay Purr-ee as soon as you mentioned it - looks really cute!

My avatar is part of a painting by Shag (with a name like that, shouldn't he have his own LP blend?) - it's called "The Lost Book", from his Motorino series.

Elliebellikins, I fully intend to let the games begin... and report back soon :w00t:

My preferences tend to run towards sweeter, richer, darker scents. I do very well with resins, vanilla, musks, spices, and most types of fruit.

Welcome! Your tastes are actually very similar to mine, and you're definitely in luck here because LP does a lot of those types of things very well. :001_302: