Love Potion: Spring Equinox 2011

I love the candy-like sweetness of this LP varietal. The scent makes me feel like I have a piece of candy in my mouth, mmmmm. Definitely inspires the oral fixation vibe, makes people want to EAT YOU UP! I think fans of LP Pink will love this one too, and it's sure to be a winner with the younger set, as well as grown-ups. It has a deep, amber core that makes the scent feel satisfyingly robust, and not just a kid-like scent.

AD-LPSpring11-sm-LovePotion.jpg

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Love, Love, Love! The lemon note lends a delicious and refreshing aspect to this. Think delicious berry sherbet or gelato. Actually, gelato is the better description, because it is richer.

Edited by Beccah

Alright I am definitely very happy I ordered a bottle unsniffed ladies. Even TT loves this one, he actually made me put a small bit on the back of hand, so that he could smell it as he was passing out. I also think he understands Mara's perfumes better now, as this led to me explaining that 2011 is a variant of the Original (which he also had me put on the back of his other hand). Anyway, he's fully addicted to Love Potion line and is insisting that I acquire Black, lol. This one is my favorite, because the lemon note gives it a nice tangyness, like you mixed lemon & strawberry gelato together. My nose does pick out the blueberry now (yum), & I definitely think that the blueberry lends a nice communicative energy. Great for public speaking imo :)

BTW I did get the grant money after all, so I may be placing a bulk order for this one!

I also think he understands Mara's perfumes better now

BTW I did get the grant money after all, so I may be placing a bulk order for this one!

Congrats, Beccah!

Alright I am definitely very happy I ordered a bottle unsniffed ladies. Even TT loves this one, he actually made me put a small bit on the back of hand, so that he could smell it as he was passing out. I also think he understands Mara's perfumes better now, as this led to me explaining that 2011 is a variant of the Original (which he also had me put on the back of his other hand). Anyway, he's fully addicted to Love Potion line and is insisting that I acquire Black, lol. This one is my favorite, because the lemon note gives it a nice tangyness, like you mixed lemon & strawberry gelato together. My nose does pick out the blueberry now (yum), & I definitely think that the blueberry lends a nice communicative energy. Great for public speaking imo :)

ahh lucky u Beccah, I still haven't gotten any money from that court case, but thank gosh I at least have a job now so I can start to restash slowley, also the SALES are coming up in a few months probably, I think things by then should deff be on a better note, if I do get any money from that case and the SALE is running during that time, omg, I better get a new box prepared to stash it. :banana011: :spambanana:

Oh yes, that will be in summer, isn't it?

not sure what the LP crew has in stored this year but usually the sales run around the summer months.

This is so thick and syrupy and good, candied without being cloying. It's all fruit at first--but tangy fruit, not the sickeningly sweet type that makes you think of sugarfree lollipops sweetened with Sweet & Low. The fruit stays strong throughout, but becomes even more delicious with that lovely vanilla-caramel LP base shining through with just a hint of patchouli that gives it attitude. Another winner!

I definitely get the reference to the "candy in your mouth" feel! It starts out with a very syrupy blast of sweetness, then settles down to a creamy soft candy. This is more akin to Summer Solstice 2009 (without the grape) than Spring Equinox 2009, which was straight floral on me. This is quite lovely!

I'm getting the fruity-candy (kind of like Starbursts?)...but I just wish it could turn the voume up on it. This is surprising because normally LP fruity scents are *VERY* pronounced on me. One tiny dab of berry and it's BERRYTIME!! but this is softer. I'm wondering if I make a little baby spray out of it, it will punch it up a bit?

Wore this with a TON of EoW last night to date night. Our waitress kept asking about the"cherry lip gloss" smell in our booth, LOL!

Initially I got more of a fresh berry impression until the sugar kicked in, and then it was reminding me of Lorien's Blueberry Bomb. In the drydown it remains very candy-like with a creamy impression in the background and a tart center. I don't know if it's exactly for me, although I imagine Q is going to like it, he is such a candy whore, lol.

Curious, because of the pink sugars and LP base, how this compares to Pink? Since no one's made a direct comparison, I'm guessing not *too* similar... but there's gotta be some similarity there, right? :)

To me, this one is more candy-like.

For me:

Pink: LP base with cotton candy

SE 2011: fruity candy necklace with LP base

Edited by luna65

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone's already described this so well. *Very* upbeat fruit-candy sweetness. Starburst. Reminds of Pixie Dust but w/louder fruitiness. Has similar feel to Sparkle Fuchsia, though not as pink as that (or LP Pink).

Everyone's already described this so well. *Very* upbeat fruit-candy sweetness. Starburst. Reminds of Pixie Dust but w/louder fruitiness. Has similar feel to Sparkle Fuchsia, though not as pink as that (or LP Pink).

I didn't get any pink from Sparkle Fuschia @ all. LP SE:2011 is deliciously tangy to me. I have noticed that there's a communicative aspect to this LP, I think form the blueberry. It's been great to wear for my speeches.

Is this candy sweet similar to the candy sweetness in Girly Twirly??? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Good Golly :love: ...to think I almost did not try this at all :happybirthday: ...Spring 09 was not to my taste,too floral,ummm but I think I will go check it again,I should know better by now,especially after preaching to everyone to always do so :pig2:

Anywho...I get a spiced candy yummerz from this one...keeps bringing me back to snuffle myself,I just bet it will have that effect on others....mmmm,who smells so good,ohhh come closer :)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought I would absolutely love this one, and nearly ordered a full bottle of it (but went with a trial size instead at the last minute), so I'm surprised that I actually don't like the smell too much in the bottle or on initial application. I get too much of what I'm guessing is the amber and patchouli from it, and it drowns out the fruit to me. I have found these notes don't work on me and so I was worried about wearing it, but they do settle down on my skin it seems, thank goodness. It becomes "creamy fruit", but not too loud. It's pretty nice after drydown, but not my favourite so far. Still I think it will work well to drown out cops-heavy blends.

I thought I would absolutely love this one, and nearly ordered a full bottle of it (but went with a trial size instead at the last minute), so I'm surprised that I actually don't like the smell too much in the bottle or on initial application. I get too much of what I'm guessing is the amber and patchouli from it, and it drowns out the fruit to me. I have found these notes don't work on me and so I was worried about wearing it, but they do settle down on my skin it seems, thank goodness. It becomes "creamy fruit", but not too loud. It's pretty nice after drydown, but not my favourite so far. Still I think it will work well to drown out cops-heavy blends.

You're correct, this one is excellent for hiding cops. So do you like it in the bottle, but not on your skin? I highly recommend this in spray then ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I had to try this one. This sounds like such an Eggers scent it would have been criminal had I decided against ordering a sample. And is this an Eggers scent? Oh. Hell. Yeah. I don't get a lot of apricot, or even a lot of 'candy', but I do get fresh strawberries by the bushel, a l'il dab of cream, and just a dash of non-stabby lemon. I am in love. This is simply gorgeous. Honestly, it smells so good, I almost want to drink it. For realsies.

• 6 months later...

When i first opened the vile of this i FELL IN LOVE,

such a pleasing happy fruity light smell. One i put it on me however all the fruity smells disappeared initially leaving very strong woody smell, After a few minutes the wood lift like lifting a piece of wet wood from a patch of spices, quite a spicy smell to it an then finally the fruitiness returns! and more similar to the initial smell in the bottle i fell in love with.

A really lovely scent i would wear earthy, fruity and humid :)

D

<3*

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this a few days ago and it was my time of the month, so I'll have to test it out again...but one of the notes in this goes wonky on me. It could be my ToM chemistry, which is why I'll try again soon.

Wet this smells fantastic...like a bowl of creamy fruit on top of LP's signature blend. Once it started to dry it still smelled the same, but a weird note came to the surface and messed it all up :(

I wore this a few days ago and it was my time of the month, so I'll have to test it out again...but one of the notes in this goes wonky on me. It could be my ToM chemistry, which is why I'll try again soon.

Wet this smells fantastic...like a bowl of creamy fruit on top of LP's signature blend. Once it started to dry it still smelled the same, but a weird note came to the surface and messed it all up :(

Oh no! :'( I had that problem with the LP Winter Variant, it went to plastic on me. Although the sample I held onto stopped doing that with some aging & turned into something really beautiful on me. LP SE '11 has had plenty of time to age though. I hope it works for you when you try it next.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I have reviewed this in the past. I bought a bottle unsniffed as I know Beccah hoarded this one.

It is fruit candy on wet. After dry down, the amber and patchouli moves in giving the scent depth and "texture". I like this much better now than in the past as when the sugar was rather overwhelming to my nose.

• 2 months later...

I initially skipped this one way back when because blueberry can sometimes smell fake on me. Not in this, though!! This is the wonderful, creamy LP base. It's sort of reminiscent of LP Pink, as the others said, but tart. Must be the lemon. Youthful, but the patchouli and amber keep it from being childish. It's sweet, but not candy sweet like it is on the others, more like a ripe fruit basket on me. Yay!!!! I haz a new spring scent!!!

• 11 months later...

I just recently got a bottle of this off the trading post.I REALLY like this one. It smells like cotton candy but not in a super, tooth achey sweet way. I think the amber makes it just a little more grown up. It's creamy, pinky, and with a bit a brightness from the lemon. It's a very happy scent and puts me in a great mood. It's lasting power is great so far. I can still smell it and I applied hours ago.

• 4 months later...

AD-LPSpring11-sm-LovePotion.jpg

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.

BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.

LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Love, Love, Love! The lemon note lends a delicious and refreshing aspect to this. Think delicious berry sherbet or gelato. Actually, gelato is the better description, because it is richer.

My original review's format was bothering me :) Ok with aging, a slightly nutty aspect has emerged to this. I'm vaguely reminded of walnut. It smells a bit like a sunday, but with sherbert & walnuts sprinkled over the top.