Butterfly Kisses

AncientGoddess

AD-ButterflyKisses-LovePotion_1.jpg

Butterfly Kisses

A popular Springtime horticultural creation is the butterfly garden: specially provided with flowers and other plants to encourage the visitation of beautiful brightly-colored Lepidotera, and our light, slightly woody, floral is a Papilionoidea temptation like no other. Sweet nectar flowers peony and day lily are melded with lush dragonfruit and pear upon a base of blonde woods…feel the ticklish delight of butterfly kisses!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEONY ~ Happy life, happy marriage, protection.
DAY LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects.
DRAGON FRUIT ~ Wishes granted, protection, health.
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
BLONDE WOODS ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Incredbley floral scent, very uplifting as if being on a cloud,i am really enjoying this scent.

I really wanted this scent to feel like you were in the middle of a field of wildflowers lying on your back looking up into the sky with butterflies flying all around and up above. This scent came together really well and I have heard great comments from friends of my wife re: the aroma of beautiful flowers and the smiles and conversation it has created. I only wish I would have made more. :D

I only wish I would have made more. :)

This sounds very much like something which I will fall for. Does it have a green element to it (like Betrothal Potion)? It sounds like a soft flora scent rather than a loud flora like Miasma? Do you mean that you have ran out of ingredients to make more?

• 2 weeks later...

To my nose JOC, I'm not getting a huge hit of green on this...but greens are picky with me, they either disappear or go LOUD. To me, this is a LOT more sophisticated a scent than I imagined it might be...I mean no insult, I just thought that it would be a light flowery scent - I find it has quite a bit of substance! It's floral, don't get me wrong...honeyed flowers is what I get -sweet butterfly nectar-y flowers...and then an interesting clean finish to it that is just right. I would not compare it to the bold white flowers of Miasma. It is a stronger floral than Betrothal to me, tho'.

Butterfly Kisses:

PEONY ~ Happy life, happy marriage, protection.

DAY LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects.

DRAGON FRUIT ~ Wishes granted, protection, health.

PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.

BLONDE WOODS ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life

Betrothal Potion:

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, love, fertility, luck.

ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

NEROLI ~ Relieves tension and anxiety.

SWEET DILL ~ Attracts women, love, protection of the home, affluence, good fortune.

SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, courage, strength.

PANSY ~ Draws love, ensures your lover will think of you when separated, divination.

BASIL ~ Love, fidelity, empathy between lovers.

PEACH ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted.

I'm going to test my sample out today. My curiosity has been peaked & I do adore Betrothal Potion, lol.

The pear and woods - especially the pear - give this is a unique twist that is growing on me by the moment. VERY spring, VERY girly...

yes its deffinetley a very feminine scent, this is nice to wear in the bedroom, hehehe :blink: or maybe a dab here and there on a date. :emot28: but i wouldn't wear this one to a club, maybe like a settle date, dinner and movies or something.

Edited by AncientGoddess

um ok this has morphed tremendously... I'm now getting HONEY and it has become much more grown up.

It is not green on me at all. As it's drying down, in fact it's not even all that floral. I think the fruits and woods are taking over. VERY VERY INTERESTING.

Dragon fruit usually does a fruit punch-y kind of thing on my skin, and this is very much it; although peony isn't normally strong on me anyway. But the dragon fruit really drowns out everything else, sadly. I'm jealous of everyone who gets all the other notes!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Sunshine in a bottle! This has such an upbeat floral/fruity vibe that is non-fussy with the perfect amount of throw and staying power. I'm not a super big floral fan, but I can do lighter flowers, and peonies are my favorite flower ever!! I think the pear, dragonfruit and blonde woods helps keep this well rounded and not just a straight shot of floral. I

I have been looking for something to work with my unscented balm bomb and was thinking it would be Betrothal Potion. Now, I didn't care for Betrothal Potion too much. I'll give it another go at some point, but it had a thick feeling on me that was contrary to what I was looking for with a floral type scent. But Butterfly Kisses? Not too heavy, not too light, it is just right.

Sunshine in a bottle! This has such an upbeat floral/fruity vibe that is non-fussy with the perfect amount of throw and staying power. I'm not a super big floral fan, but I can do lighter flowers, and peonies are my favorite flower ever!! I think the pear, dragonfruit and blonde woods helps keep this well rounded and not just a straight shot of floral. I

I have been looking for something to work with my unscented balm bomb and was thinking it would be Betrothal Potion. Now, I didn't care for Betrothal Potion too much. I'll give it another go at some point, but it had a thick feeling on me that was contrary to what I was looking for with a floral type scent. But Butterfly Kisses? Not too heavy, not too light, it is just right.

This really is sunshine in a bottle, and I never paid much attention to this before. I don't know why. I tested this out the other day and I noticed that it was very pretty and bright. This would be a perfect scent for that spring rain we get in CA.

• 1 year later...

I adore this scent! It is so light and subtle and feminine, and it really makes me feel very happy every time I catch a whiff of it. It's like the "scentual" embodiment of pale golden morning sunlight glistening and glinting off crystal or water. I need to get a spray version of this as well, so I can spritz myself with some of its sweet floral sunshiney goodness.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/ButterflyKisses/

AD-ButterflyKisses-LovePotion_1.jpg

"A popular Springtime horticultural creation is the butterfly garden: specially provided with flowers and other plants to encourage the visitation of beautiful brightly-colored Lepidotera, and our light, slightly woody, floral is a Papilionoidea temptation like no other. Sweet nectar flowers peony and day lily are melded with lush dragonfruit and pear upon a base of blonde woods…feel the ticklish delight of butterfly kisses!"

This sounds really-really pretty, great for this time of year! It has five notes, including Peony. If you've never smelled a Peony divas, you're missing out! One of the best floral fragrances ever. I can’t wait to try Butterfly Kisses. I hope I have a sniffee or sample to do just that :love:

I hope you love it ComingUpRoses. It's such a soft scent that at first you might dismiss it. Then its charm will creep up on you insidiously, like tendrils of sunlight curling through your hair, dancing across your face and merrily inserting themselves up your nostrils...

:rolleyes: Wow Vlad, you have quite a way with words! You've made it very appealing, and yes, am sure I'll love it. Looking forward to a slather fest with this one actually. Thank you for the great review that lured me in :love:

• 3 months later...

:Emoticons04284:
I'm so bummed that Butterfly Kisses is now sold out! I had just managed to get my hands on a little sample of it, and then it smelled so beautiful that I was going to order a FB spray of it. But then it sold out before I was able to place the order, boohoohoo... I am going to go on the trading post now and see if anybody has a FB (or some more samples) of it that they'd like to trade or sell. And if that doesn't work, then I am going to beg Le Wizard for a re-brew.
:wizard: