Open Sesame

Dolly

AD-OpenSesame-LovePotion.jpg

Open Sesame

Let our aromatic magic open the way for your success! It is posited that the use of sesame in the spoken “key” for the magical lock of the treasure cave as featured in the tale “Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves” stems from the seeds’ tendency to burst forth from their pods when dried. And anyone who needs a scented invocation to welcome a rush of opportunity into their lives would do well to liberally slather this sweet success potion. With a scent similar to sesame candy, we’ve blended sesame, poppy seed, pecan and a delicious brulee with a touch of resin, wood and spice for commanding treasures beyond measure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SESAME SEED ~ Money, lust, life force.
POPPY SEED ~ Fertility, prosperity, love. Deepens feelings, instills calmness. Imagination, pleasure, wealth, success.
PECAN ~ Money, employment.
SECRET INGREDIENTS ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens. Protection, empathy, faithfulness, friendship, aphrodisiac, energy, creativity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, this was another one I am trying today.....for scent purposes mostly (will test the intent later). I like this actually.....it reminds me of a lighter version of Turkish Delight.....lighter, and not quite as sweet. Yet still along the same lines.

I like this one.....think I might need a bottle......

Pecan. What can I say. At first application it gives me a distinct essence of vomit sorta vibe...

I have learned to overcome my gag reflex.

BUT (I like big buts) - after drydown this one blossoms into the "oddly compelling" category. I have this on my inside elbows and EGG 2011 on my hands and forearms...I kept getting a whiff of something sweet and woodsy and dusty, perhaps...hmmm ... no, not the EGG .... It's the Open Sesame! I think the pecan is registering as dusty and dry, much like inner paper peel of a pecan when you firtst open it, the type that sticks to your tongue and is slightly bitter.

Not entirely sure how I feel about it, I am compulsively sniffing it.

ETA: "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves..." am I the only one who hears this in my head as the Beastie Boys??

Edited by Pony

BUT (I like big buts) - after drydown this one blossoms into the "oddly compelling" category. I have this on my inside elbows and EGG 2011 on my hands and forearms...I kept getting a whiff of something sweet and woodsy and dusty, perhaps...hmmm ... no, not the EGG .... It's the Open Sesame!

ETA: "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves..." am I the only one who hears this in my head as the Beastie Boys??

Pony, your review just HAZ SO MUCH WIN! Yes! To the oddly compelling - I can't wait to sniff this one. I love nutty/woodsy/dusty scents.

YES! to the Beastie ref - it's what I thought when the description came out, so SUE me!

Hmmmm..... this is strange. When I put it on, it was pure sesame. Not the oil, but the saw seeds. So light, it might not have been there at all. I was really looking forward to this one. Maybe it'll warm up and shine, or maybe I'll use it as a layering scent. To be retested.....

Ok, I finally got mah paws on it - and for myself, I *like* this! It starts out with a pretty loud blast of SWEET, but as that burns off, it becomes an almost floral-sweet top note. I *love* nutty scents, and they do well on my skin...this one is delicious. It reminds me of the nut note in Intuition potion. I think this could work very nicely as a layering scent with other potions you want to add a little 'warm' or base note to.

My nose is a bit off due to our local Oak population's attempt to rid itself of the local humans (freaking pollen!), or in laymen's terms; allergies.

I get this lovely, mild sweetness. It's like a candy I've had before & it lays close to the skin. I rather enjoyed it today.

OK, *why* is this reminding me of Cops & Robbers so much?!? maybe the brulee part of this is like the donut part of C&R?!! Anyway, I suspect this one is going to be my surprise favorite of the month. Wears "close" on me too.

Out of all the lovely's in the March releases, this was my least favorite. It doesnt smell good on me. I used it in my candle for spiritual purposes.

Edited by AncientGoddess

I do enjoy the way this smells in the vial - and it does strike me as sort of a lighter version of something like Vicars & Tarts - and it's just the sort of thing I would like (nuts and resins and sweetness)...but something doesn't like me, this goes slightly sour on my skin. The sesame note is really interesting, though, it has a nice evocation of lightness to it, sort of like what I equate with tea accords, an "airyness."

This one I am looking forward to wearing for intent! As for scent it is a combination of browned and caramelized nuttiness. Every now and then it seems almost maple syrup like but so much lighter then that. It really is hard to describe. It is so very light it is disappearing under some of the others that I am testing right now...I really have to get right up in there to smell this right now.

• 2 years later...

This smells quite strange on me. I wouldn't call it a pleasant perfume scent. It smells a lot more like a "magickal potion" scent to me. Dry, it's a lot more pleasant to my nose... but not wet. :(

I do try to wear this for intent so I'll see how things go with it. Been wearing it all day but I wonder if the effects of this potion is more subtle.

This is one I have for magical potion intent only.... I would never wear this out and about....The notes in this are very nutty but a light nutty, I have only worn this once and I have not seen any effects but I want to try it out again

This one sounds interesting.

I would love to know when u retest it if you saw any effects.

Ok, I put this one this am before I took my shower to drop off my daughter at her dance class and I stopped and bought an instant lottery ticket and I won $10, so this one works and I'm a happy camper

Cool! Congrats to you!

• 3 months later...

On wet, Insight Potion kept creeping into my mind, perhaps it's the pecan. I'm glad that I don't amp the sesame as sesame oil is a staple in my diet. After dry down, it becomes a slightly sweet musky scent. Interesting. Will need a bottle for its intent.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to rave about this one. I didn't pay attention to this when it was released. With whatever is happening at work, I did some searches on the LP shop and spotted this for its intent. I ordered a sample when I purchased something before summer and only tried it out a week ago.

Anyway, I wore this yesterday morning and added MWO and With Every Breath before I left home late in the afternoon. My children and I cycled out and needed to refill our tyres with air. For the first time in my 11 years living in this city, someone approached us and asked if he could help as the kids were not strong enough to do the task!!! It was 40C outside, we were all sweating like crazy and this was a man in his late 50s, if not early 60s.

I would not have been so surprised if I was not Asian and not look like one of them. I guess it was Open Sesame behind it (I was almost denched and could only smell my sparkles/sweat).

• 1 year later...
Guest cutie.pie

The strangest thing happend to me today. I woke up, and like a true addict I checked here and artfire to see what's new. I saw Open Sesame and decided I realllllly need it and bought it even before having my morning coffee. While making my coffee I looked through my window and there were dark clouds, but in the middle of the sky, there were sunrays fighting those dark clouds. It was almost exactly like a pic on Open Sesame. It was a sign for me saying I did a good job buying OS! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

The strangest thing happend to me today. I woke up, and like a true addict I checked here and artfire to see what's new. I saw Open Sesame and decided I realllllly need it and bought it even before having my morning coffee. While making my coffee I looked through my window and there were dark clouds, but in the middle of the sky, there were sunrays fighting those dark clouds. It was almost exactly like a pic on Open Sesame. It was a sign for me saying I did a good job buying OS! :)

image_zpsa83051b8.jpg

Now that I know how to post a pic, I'm posting that pic that goes with my story. This is what I saw when I bought OS.

Edited by cutie.pie

Guest cutie.pie

Got my package 15 mins ago and I immediately put it on :) So far, it smells similar to Gimme Money and I loooooove Gimme Money :)