Egg 2011

FAWN

AD-Egg2011-sm-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd43a

EGG 2011

This popular potion (now in its third brew!) encourages new beginnings and sets the mood for creative endeavors of all kinds...a fun festive delicately smooth marshmallow amber blend features fertility-encouraging ingredients, from the sophisticated to the delicious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was hoping not to be the first to review, as I think I don't do descriptions well. But I am just Loving Egg 2011!!!!

Egg 2011 is the perfect scent for Spring/Easter Season. I love marshmallow scents and it delivers! :) It's a soft, close to your skin, snuggle up close, scent to me. It smells so yummy, it could be in your Easter Basket! I put orginial Egg on one wrist & Egg 2011 on the other. They are both so lovely. 2011 to me is deeper than the original, more marshallow, and I love the Vanilla underneath..I wish I had Luna's gift for transcribing what my nose & brain are thinking! What I can relate is, I LOVE EGG 2011 !

I was hoping not to be the first to review, as I think I don't do descriptions well. But I am just Loving Egg 2011!!!!

Egg 2011 is the perfect scent for Spring/Easter Season. I love marshmallow scents and it delivers! :) It's a soft, close to your skin, snuggle up close, scent to me. It smells so yummy, it could be in your Easter Basket! I put orginial Egg on one wrist & Egg 2011 on the other. They are both so lovely. 2011 to me is deeper than the original, more marshallow, and I love the Vanilla underneath..I wish I had Luna's gift for transcribing what my nose & brain are thinking! What I can relate is, I LOVE EGG 2011 !

OMG I can't wait!! I might just oder a full bottle! Did you like Open Sesame?

2011 to me is deeper than the original, more marshallow, and I love the Vanilla underneath..

Is this like the marshmallow in flying potion?? Ahh... it sounds amazing.... :):):Hug_emoticon:

I used a different Marshmallow this time. The Marshmallow I used previously (for Egg and Flying Potion) which I felt was the best, truest Marshmallow on the market, was actually a flavoring, not a fragrance oil. On this occasion, I was finally able to find a Marshmallow oil that met my strict requirements. They are very similar scentwise, and I used that favorite old flavoring for the Marshmallow Egg Sugar Scrub this month.

This version didn't do it for me this time....something in it was reminicent of Esmie's Pink Emerald :)

eta: it's for sale in my trading thread if anyone's interested

Edited by liz

The main difference for me between the original and the 2011 version is the new version is sweeter, it seriously makes me think of a Marshmallow Peep because I get a real sugary type impression, almost kind of pink sugar-ish, but very sweet. It wears as light and subtle on me as the original does. The amber is much more prevalent in the original, IMO.

Edited by luna65

Very close the original to me...a faint marshmallow musk. Not overly sweet, even. And just as the original it is a close skin type scent, not a whole lotta THROW...

Yes, Marshmallow has a very intimate fragrance, it never has a lot of throw, but if you slather, it will stay on the skin, close to the skin, for a long time. I find it a soothing, romantic scent, with a lickable appeal. ;)

Yes, Marshmallow has a very intimate fragrance, it never has a lot of throw, but if you slather, it will stay on the skin, close to the skin, for a long time. I find it a soothing, romantic scent, with a lickable appeal. :winktongue:

Where's the LIKE button!!! ;)

OMG, I absolutely cannot wait to try this. I swear, every time I wear Egg (2009, never got to try original, sigh) I am impressed and enamored with it all over again :J001:

I am beside myself with anticipation for this version!! Placing my order tonight then counting down the moments...

This is a very clean scent! It's candy sweet and clean at the same time. The feel reminds me of The Sinner and the Saint since I get all saint and no sinner from that one...clean, light, innocent. This one is sweeter though, like sweet fluffy marshmallow. It reminds me of Easter also! Like when you're a kid and get lots of easter candy. :)

Sweet pink candy, young and uplifting like a sunny day. This one reminds me of LP Pink, it's definitely worth a full bottle

So funny, I just asked if LP Spring '11 was reminiscent of Pink, then to see the comparison here was a surprise! But not when I think about it, Egg '09 and Pink layer beeeyoootifully together, if Egg '11 is anything like that, OMG... :)

I want to love this. I really do. But I just don't. There's something about it that is overly sweet, almost cloying on me. This totally has the throw that I wish The Smoking Bun had on me. Perhaps if I layer it with something else I'll get a better result. If not, I guess it will be time to start a swap thread.

• 4 weeks later...

What's the difference between Egg2011 and Egg 2009??? The scent smelt a bit metallic on me when I put EGG 2009 on!! :party: Is the Egg 2011 heavier and sweeter???

EGG 2009 has chocolate, whereas EGG 2011 is more like the original, but more sugary; it's lighter than the 2009 version.

Edited by luna65

Guest icing

For some reason, this blend absolutely hates my chemistry.

It smells like rotting woods and greenery. Nothing more, nothing less.

My heart has been shattered, hold me. :frown:

Edited by icing

2009 had a touch of cocoa in it that the original and this year's model does not have.

Marshmallow, as a rule, wears very sheer and close to the skin. The ingredient has to be weighted heavily to compete with anything else it is used with.

I'm sure this was covered but I can't find it for the life o me, sorry! Why doesn't Egg 2011 cloud when shaken? The different marshmallow ingredient?

I think it makes me feel it smells more different from 2009 than it actually does, also. Like it's missing the weight of 2009, seems less substantial somehow(?), and not just the choco-factor. Maybe I associate the Egg *look* and scent more strongly than I'd realized! So weird :frown:

2009 had actual bakers flavoring in it in addition to the fragrance ingredients whereas 2011 does not.

2009 had actual bakers flavoring in it in addition to the fragrance ingredients whereas 2011 does not.

Yes, back when I first started making EGG, there were NO marshmallow fragrance oils on the market - not from my high end suppliers anyway. So I used baker's flavorings instead, and they needed to be shaken. Finally, ONE of my suppliers came out with a marshmallow scented oil that I thought was comparable to the flavoring....thus, this version does not need to be shaken and doesn't turn white when shaken like the older versions.

I used the marshmallow flavoring in the EGG scrub of the month though, and I thought they smelled right close.

If that's not the case, we can go back to using the flavoring oil for the next batch.

Speaking of the scrub, I accidentally tasted a wee bit of it the other night, and yes it did taste good (BUT NO TYVEY YOU STILL CANNOT EAT IT)!

The amber in the original is stronger to me, that's where the main digression is for me, besides the sugary emphasis. Otherwise I'm totally happy with 2011.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just ordered THIS one,,,mistakenly thought it was 2009 but it must be 2011. Any new thoughts/reviews on this one? Sweet, light and sugary sound right up my alley! :D

Egg 2011 was one of my first LP loves, and it is still the one I reach for when I can't decide what to wear. I love every ingredient in it! It is very much a sugary vanilla marshmallow! The white amber and white musk are there, but nothing overwhelming, they just round it out, to make it amazing :wub:

Just ordered THIS one,,,mistakenly thought it was 2009 but it must be 2011. Any new thoughts/reviews on this one? Sweet, light and sugary sound right up my alley! :D

I get mainly sugar in this one and thus usually use this for layering.

I get mainly sugar in this one and thus usually use this for layering.

Do you think it's heavy enough to scent an UN bottle of Topper or do you think it would be too light for something like that?