Dinner at the Harvard Club. What to wear????

I will be attending the local chapter fo the Harvard university Club (I am a research assistant for a Harvard professor and visiting Scholar) and I need to know what to wear. I will be attending in hopes of making networking contacts and in a fund raising capacity. I know no one and need to make a spash.

I am considering:

Road Opener

Open Sesame

Lady Luck

A Bun Dance

Phero Girl Original

Leather

I have anything you might suggest. Any ideas?

I'm so out of it I was going to reply... OOH what about a white collared shirt, tucked in to a grey or black pencil skirt and some cute pumps?

I have had a lot of success with PP and networking, but I'm new to the game, so I don't know, I really do like PP though, people that I don't normally speak to have stopped me at work to have conversations... so maybe that mixed with something else?

Edited by LadyVictoria

Well, for that type of event, I would leave out the cops.....but SS4W if you have it would be very good, because it gives you that sexy "star quality"......I think I would either go with that or leather.....leather will give you that strong, self-assured vibe......

Edited by Dolly

open windows always seems to be great for social situations, sex it up with a cop heavy scent if you want to seduce, I personally though, like to mix open windows and cougar, very bubbly, mix, makes me feel and interact like an effervescent glass of champagne

Yeah if PP works for you, it seems like the no-brainer choice. I personally do better with OW and Cougar so would choose one of those if it were me. I know I am alone in the corner always banging my drum about this but I find Leather can be like a bullfighter's red flag to assholes (or at minimum an extremely effective repellent), and so I wouldn't choose it just in case some of the people I wanted to network were assholes...why not win them over instead w/something in the OW, Cougar, or PP direction...

Yeah if PP works for you, it seems like the no-brainer choice. I personally do better with OW and Cougar so would choose one of those if it were me. I know I am alone in the corner always banging my drum about this but I find Leather can be like a bullfighter's red flag to assholes (or at minimum an extremely effective repellent), and so I wouldn't choose it just in case some of the people I wanted to network were assholes...why not win them over instead w/something in the OW, Cougar, or PP direction...

I'm with you on the Leather or Dominance blends. I would definitely suggest PP or SWS paired with Road Opener or Mojo (instead of Lady Luck). If you still have Money Honey, then maybe Money Honey on the extremities & Road Opener on the neck chest & definitely find a way to dab some MR 2009 somewhere in there! Had an incident Saturday that was rooted in miscommunication!

Oh yeah & GOOD LUCK :D

I know I am alone in the corner always banging my drum about this but I find Leather can be like a bullfighter's red flag to assholes (or at minimum an extremely effective repellent), and so I wouldn't choose it just in case some of the people I wanted to network were assholes...

LOL - Leather is a red flag waved in front of me...I admit, I'm an asshole.

These people will be academics and therapists, correct? Definitely go for the sparkle - SS4W always takes the day for me, but I know PP gets rave reviews in that category as well (gives me a bleedin' headache). Wow them with your phero-magnetism.

Have I told the story of wearing SS4W to a fundraiser at the local college? Lord I thought they were going to dedicate a wing to me. Politicians love it too **shudder**

Road Opener is surely the correct intent, right?

LOL - Leather is a red flag waved in front of me...I admit, I'm an asshole.

:lol: I didn't mean it's an asshole DETECTOR for ONESELF!! I meant that it can make OTHER PEOPLE insane with rage, at least when I wear it... Of course I'm talking about a sample size of 2 people total in my experience, so maybe more experimentation is needed. (It may just be me or something about me [my shortness? my femaleness? my general smileyness?] not being 'congruent' with Leather, somehow - maybe the asshole thinks "I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to be subjugated by the likes of that peon"?)

/tj

Edited by tyvey

Thanks all! Mara, I wore a long jacket over a black cami, wide leg black pants and pumps. It was simple but with a bit of sparkle.The jacket had stones around the collar and down the front. I ended up going with SS4W and leather down my front because I was so intimidated! I will be speaking at the meeting in September about some fund raising I am doing, so this was a good way to get my feet wet with the community. I met some lovely people. When it was time to eat, I looked around for an interesting table. I grabbed the one with 4 handsome men. Of course as it turns out they were gay and we had the time of our lives together! I made some good contacts and had a lovely meal.

I tend to be very anxious and not to believe in myself, so on the way there I was about to vomit. I have never been to anything alone before. It was really scary. I finally decided that I was going to go make some new friends and it got better. All in all it was perfect!

Thanks all! Mara, I wore a long jacket over a black cami, wide leg black pants and pumps. It was simple but with a bit of sparkle.The jacket had stones around the collar and down the front. I ended up going with SS4W and leather down my front because I was so intimidated! I will be speaking at the meeting in September about some fund raising I am doing, so this was a good way to get my feet wet with the community. I met some lovely people. When it was time to eat, I looked around for an interesting table. I grabbed the one with 4 handsome men. Of course as it turns out they were gay and we had the time of our lives together! I made some good contacts and had a lovely meal.

I tend to be very anxious and not to believe in myself, so on the way there I was about to vomit. I have never been to anything alone before. It was really scary. I finally decided that I was going to go make some new friends and it got better. All in all it was perfect!

See, I KNEW SS4W and/or Leather would be the right combo for you!! :)

So glad it went so well for you! Just knew you would blow them away!

Happy for you therapygirl! Glad you made some new contact and friends!!! :Hug_emoticon::):wub:

:Hug_emoticon: I'm happy it went well for you!

I finally decided that I was going to go make some new friends and it got better. All in all it was perfect!

:10_small16: ...YES YES YES...many kudos to you,now it will come easier !!! :banana052: :banana052: