Flowers In The Moat

AncientGoddess

AD-FlowersMoat.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Flowers In The Moat

A moat has many purposes...it can serve as a line of defense for a fortification (such as a castle) but it can also be ornamental. The British Isles feature many such waterways to enjoy as an aspect of the lush green landscape of the countryside, and in tribute to such an enduring part of the scenery we created our own little moat with hand-tinctured bladderwrack (also known as seaweed), wet earth and agua accord, made beautiful by water lily and lotus, heather and a sweet kiss of light muscovado sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.

LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.

HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.

BLADDERWRACK ~ Protection, money, psychic powers, sea spells.

WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

MUSCOVADO SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A very nice and soft floral scent with a touch of sweet sugar like smell. I really liked this one.

i have been dying for a reveiw of this one!! sounds wonderful

So far this is one of my favorites from this month releases. If your a floral person like me then you'll love this scent. :abfx:

I LOVE lotus!! This and the sugar make for a delightfully sweet blend! But the watery essence is still present, making it sweet AND fresh! Very lovely and a perfect warm-weather scent.

I struggle with the floral scents. Sadly, I had to scrub.

I like the sugar topnote, I enjoy that particular accord a lot. The floral notes in concert with the aquatics made for a nice fresh impression but after the sweetness fades it's not really for me; interestingly it didn't make me go ACK! like I thought it would.

• 1 month later...

This turned out to be a little too loud and too 'flora' for my liking. On wet, I thought this smelled like WXY. I'll probably give this another try before letting it go.

I like the sugar topnote, I enjoy that particular accord a lot. The floral notes in concert with the aquatics made for a nice fresh impression but after the sweetness fades it's not really for me; interestingly it didn't make me go ACK! like I thought it would.

This is a lovely, water-y floral. The sweetness does fade, but it pairs beautifully with Sugared Honeycomb (accidentally combined 2 yesterday). My 1st perfume loves were Ghost Myst & Ming Shu, so this one is definitely a winner for me.

• 7 months later...

I just tried this on my skin tonight, and it's not what I expected at all. It is, however, exactly what I hoped it would be. It's a light, soft scent that I almost have to search for. I love the aquatic/floral melding, and the way it hugs my skin. It's such an unobtrusive scent. I can't stop smelling my hand, nor can I stop shoving my hand beneath my BF's nose to ask what he thinks of it *now*. I love this. It might be one of the scents I was looking for!

• 4 months later...

This is a fresh smelling, sweet floral. There is almost three dimensions to it - at the start of each "sniff" it is watery and green, then it rounds out into the florals, and ends with a sweet note. It is quite sheer and subtle on me, and smells very girly - almost young girly, like teenager-age.

• 8 months later...

Testing this again tonight. Spotted it in my daughter's pile last night. I told myself that I have to start wearing scents outside my to-go ones and I actually grabbed this last night, this morning and tonight. So it's a sign.

This has changed so much! On application, the sugar was so foodie. I wondered if it was wrongly labelled, wondering what happened to the flowers. After the sugar died down, the scent turned out to be a soft and beautiful floral scent. I would like to test this out fully but I'll have to wait out the initial sugar note to wear off before heading out.

• 1 month later...

I was really looking forward to trying this, since I've been on a watery scent thing lately. Unfortunately it was not meant to be. The lotus in this really turns weird on me.

I think I need to stay away from lotus scents, that note is super hit or miss on me and usually it's a miss. :(

• 1 year later...

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/FlowersMoat/

“A moat has many purposes...it can serve as a line of defense for a fortification (such as a castle) but it can also be ornamental. The British Isles feature many such waterways to enjoy as an aspect of the lush green landscape of the countryside, and in tribute to such an enduring part of the scenery we created our own little moat with hand-tinctured bladderwrack (also known as seaweed), wet earth and agua accord, made beautiful by water lily and lotus, heather and a sweet kiss of light muscovado sugar."

AD-FlowersMoat_1.jpg

This fragrance is a limited edition and can be enhanced with the pheromone of your choice divas. It’s tagged as an Office-Friendly scent and is also good for mental acuity. Do you (still) have this fragrance in your arsenal divas? How often do you use it? I liked some of the reviews mentioning the sweet topnote. This blend has six notes total of which these two are quite appealing.

LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

• 7 months later...

I was absolutely terrified of the lotus. Miracle of miracles, this is wonderful on my skin. Light, fresh, aquatic (usually not something I can wear),sweet. Everything I was afraid would happen did not. No stabbed florals, nor the headache that often follows lotus and any sort of lily. Lovely.

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked this fragrance. It is a very pretty floral. The only issue is that my skin amps this hard. No matter how little I wear it smells like I bathed in a bottle.

Oh, do you think you'll still be able to wear it? It sad if you like it but just can't get on with it even so.

Edited by donsie

• 2 weeks later...

This is another scent that I seem to like or not depending on what time of the month it is. At the moment it's Shark Week, if you know what I mean (I've had quite a few people I've said that to think I'm talking about the TV show, lol), and this feels too "briny" to me. BUT, I know that that happened before, when I first got it and sniffed it, and then another time I sniffed it again and I thought it was pretty. I do like the florals. It's just, I think, the bladderwrack that's iffy on me at certain times. So, this is one that I think I will have to try again sometime when it's not Shark Week. Perhaps then I can get to the bottom of this one and decipher whether it works on me or not.

My husband likes it. So that's something, I guess. :)

LOL, no, I think we all know it doesn't mean you've been watching a lot of nature TV!

You'd think, right? I mentioned it on a group on Facebook and it created a lot of confusion, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's the heather that is most pronounced on my skin. It's a dusky, mature note. Very "grown up" in a prim and proper way. As it dries down I smell a more luscious "juicy" note which makes sense would be the lotus. It doesn't last very long. Something I imagine a secretary in her late 40s would wear. It's really classy but a little too dry and prim for me. Had the lotus been a little stronger, I probably would have liked it better. Not so "me".

Guest cutie.pie

Yes, heather is most pronounced on my skin too! First I thought it was sandalwood, but there's no sandalwood in this. This one is a bit too heavy for me :(