Sang Real

katz

AD-SangReal.jpg

Sang Real

A rich crimson flow of red wine, cassia, rose and rose of Sharon, rosewood, dragon’s blood, red currant and pomegranate is given a noble cast with patchouli and a dusting of Middle Eastern spices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ROSEWOOD ~
Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
RED CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
ROSE ~
Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
ROSE OF SHARON ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
RED WINE ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
CASSIA ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return,
increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: Contains red baker's coloring. (oh yes! it's a 'standout' visually!)

Wet on the skin, this is very Red Fruity at first and a little bit tart. I can smell the pomegranate and currant right off. Beneath it the rosewood and (very light) patchouli give it base - I can tell on my skin these notes will be what stays the longest.

Little while later the cassia starts to play into the red wine (I'm reminded of a spiced wine now). Dragon's blood, while *there* never plays up much on my skin...so I'm not getting a whole lot of that.

On my skin, this is not floral at all - it's a spiced wine w/fruit...a bit sweet, a bit tart -somehow dry and tannic at the base. If I could get more of the rose to come out on my skin, I'd enjoy it even more.

OK! Got my Sang Real! I love this. I smell like incense. I LIKE smelling like incense!!!

I don't get much fruit, but my skin *does* dissappear pomegranate. The red currant and the wine are playing background supporting roles.

I DO get the rosewood, rose, dragon's blood, and patchouli. This is one of those scents that keeps me huffing my skin and rolling my eyes in pleasure. It's very incensy and rich, and is now, on long drydown, backing down in intensity and making me smell as if I was burning incense a while ago.

There's something about dragon's blood notes that kind of pull blends together for me and turn them into a *singular* feeling. Sang Real works like this on me. :) It feels sumptuous. :) It just made my evening *better*! :flutterby-mad:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I tried this one and decided to let it sit before I try it again.

What does Cassia smell like ? I smelled something strong like metal that I didn't recognize. Like metal and strong cleaning detergent they use in hospitals.

This is a good protection blend for me, it smells strong in resins and the dragon blood in it is awsome. I actually wear this one to work. :yeahthat:

I wasn't going to wear this one today, but am glad I gave it a try. On me this smells like a mild, slightly sweet patchouli and dark cherries and a ghost of cinnamon. Not a combo I'd have dreamed up, but it works. Not a smokey or heavy or woodsy patchouli, just pleasant. That you say there is dragon's blood in this surprises me as that note usually turns completely AWFUL on me. You never know with LPs and Mara's magic mixing.

Love the red color.

Edited by Isa

• 2 months later...

I don't really get the resins so much with this one, except at the very end; on me it's primarily very strong red wine, it sort of reminds me of Bacchanalia without the dirty part. I find these kinds of blends to be very fascinating from an evocative perspective.

Edited by luna65

• 1 year later...

This was one of my latest sniffees.

First of all I love the dramatic red color of the oil...and the scent is just as dramatic to me. It is sweet...incensey...something in the background keeps reminding me of shampoo...can't imagine what that is. The longer I have it on the better I like it.

Hmm. I think it is pretty exotic but I think that of all incensey perfumes I guess.

I would wear this around the house at night I think but it might be a little too exotic for me to wear out and about.

I like to keep my exotic-ness under wraps!

I think all of our belly dancing LP'ers should have a bottle of this!

• 4 weeks later...

I have this one as a sample: When I took the top off the vial, I didn't think I was going to like the scent very much; however, once I put it on my skin it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I love the color but I still don't quite think this one is for me. I'm also getting that shampoo smell.

• 1 year later...

Its late, and I'm coming down with the bug of doom! Sooooo, this is gonna be a quickie.

I got this in a trade last year (with Blackcat, I think. Thanks lady! :) )

Anyway, this is lovely. The rosewood really stands out to me and it's smoooooth. Makes me think of church pews polished till they have that dull glow. In fact, the whole vibe is churchy, but not in the typical censer incense way that I'm always looking for. The incense is there, but not in an overwhelming way. The

fruits stay quiet, and just lend a brightness, and the wine is real mellow. I'm glad too, cause the wine freaked me out in the description. I can't smell dragons blood, but there's a note that recalls old parchment, and I'm guessing that's the db doing its thing. Light warmth is given by the Cassia.

Man, the whole thing together just SINGS. I love the construction. I can see the protection reference, cause this potion gives a secure kind of vibe. A "shelter from the storm" sort of feel. Like being in a candlelit church at night, that you just ducked into to escape the cold. There are old scrolls on a rosewood podium,

and you can smell the remnants of incense and wine from the mass an hour earlier,and your safe and warm,safe and sound.

This will be great for bedtime! Glad I came upon it! :)

• 1 year later...

Wet this is juicy and spicy together. Immediately after putting it on the incense smell of this is really strong, over powering the wine and fruit. As it sinks into the skin, the fruit and wine come to the front a little more but the incense doesn't entirely go away. As it dries down there is a lingering scent of sweet incense. I love the smell of this. It reminds me of the incense burned very often at Phoenix and the Dragon. I don't know if it is just one incense that they burn a lot or a mix of all of it over time. It seeps into the books there and for a while after you've bought a book from them the pages still smell of incense. The fading whiffs of Sang Real remind me of that.

• 5 years later...

My 10 year old bottle of Sang Real has aged unnnnbelievably well. Like a fine wine, this concoction is definitely more than the sum of its parts. It glows, it pulses. It is seductive, otherworldly. Spicy berries play in a deep bowl of sacred red liquid. Excellent for ritual, for meditation, for exploring your hidden desires. I've asked for a rebrew- here's hoping !