Pomander Royale

katz

Ok, I wasn't going to dip into any others tonight but they were LOOKIN' at me all funny...so...

I *had* to try this one being a big spice fan! Oh, it's delicious... It's like a cloved orange (I make them every year at Christmas, and every year people at work ask me "What the HECK is that?!". Hrmph. I digress)

I love my bottle of Brown Sugared & Spiced Orange Creamy Dream (and if you like that one you'll like this one), but this is MOAR spices, still with a touch of sweet orange. I really get the chai spice here too. If you're not a fan of *wearing* spicy scents, I think this would be yummy in an oil warmer...

Ok, I wasn't going to dip into any others tonight but they were LOOKIN' at me all funny...so...

I *had* to try this one being a big spice fan! Oh, it's delicious... It's like a cloved orange (I make them every year at Christmas, and every year people at work ask me "What the HECK is that?!". Hrmph. I digress)

I love my bottle of Brown Sugared & Spiced Orange Creamy Dream (and if you like that one you'll like this one), but this is MOAR spices, still with a touch of sweet orange. I really get the chai spice here too. If you're not a fan of *wearing* spicy scents, I think this would be yummy in an oil warmer...

I think you would love Rose of Shrewsbury, I couldn't stop smelling my elbow.

Edited by LadyVictoria

When wet this smells all sexy spice and orangey, mmmmmm nom nom me say. But wait a minute, after dry down it softens out into a gorgeous melding of vanilla, cream, soft spices, brown sugar, chai and orange. A whole new kind of nommy. It is so gorgeous, it lasted for hours and is edibly delish.

Did anyone catch the Cedar in this one? It came out to play after about 90 mins on me. I caught a whiff & thought "Who's wearing Cedarwood? Then I sniffed myself....twas me!

Deeply orange at first. Like OJ concentrate. Big cinnamon, some clove and other spices. Pretty much what it says on the tin, to my nose. My chef friend said he smelled butterscotch. The orange faded after some hours and...see, I had a friend testing Excaliber for me and I suddenly believed I must have transfered some of that onto me. But it was still the PR. Go figure. I agree that it is an excellent chilly weather scent, but I might whip it out mid-summer just to shake things up.

It's spicy but creamy. I get orange first, then clove. I've put it on my wrist one hour ago, it's still spicy-creamy and lovely, I get the apple-butter, too. Not too sweet, not too tart, this is so far my favourite from the April releases. :lol:

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the biggest fan of these kinds of scents. And orange is kind of iffy for me,as far as a citrus note goes. But the orange-vanilla cream is gorgeous in this one, and makes it really distinctive. When the orange backs off and the spices and resins emerge, the vanilla smoothes it all out in such a lovely warm kind of way. I don't know if I'd wear it, really, but I love the construction!

• 5 months later...

This is pure spicy creamy orangesicle on me...I wants! How did I miss this one? Once I finally got a sample, it quickly became one of my favorites.