Castle Crumble

katz

I'm SO going to need to bake soon, or at least go out to a place with decent desserts, this has got me craving some fresh-baked, fruit-filled concoction!

Hazelnut and buttery crust...yes!

Sweetened fruity filling...yes!

This one is as 'true' a scent-trip into dessertland as Hamentaschen was. Oh my. :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

ETA: Guy friend at work thought the name might be more appropriate because "would cause castles to crumble from all the men trampling to get closer"... I like it.

Edited by katz

Absolutely drool worthy. Smells just like all good crumbles should, delicious. I want to eat some now! I have been wearing this for quite some time now and the crumble has really settled into a soft whisper and the fruit is smelling more luscious by the moment...nom nom.

The pastry part is present at first, framing the berries, but as Ellie notes, it backs down after about ten minutes or so. The berries are just this side of tart, very strong but not medicinal. It sort of reminds me of NOX in regards to how it wears, a berry lover's delight for certain.

This is a perfect berry crumble. I wish I could eat it. Seriously, it's that good. I can visualize it: Golden pastry ,hot and buttery, with a perfect mix of sweet berry filling. Heavenly!!

Another one that smells like it should have calories. :lol: Basically echoing what everyone else said about this being a gooey berry crumble with buttery pastry notes, plus I get some extra stickiness in there from the honey. The berry note have just enough tartness to balance out the sweetness and the honey, and never get artificial or cloying.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I have secured my bottle I can talk about how much I LOVE Castle.

It smells so delicious. Buttery Berry PERFECTION. My bf loves this. Wore this to grab a slice of pizza and pizza boy gave us a free slice. Just Because! Later on went to the movies and popcorn girl said, " Do you guys want a free upgrade on your popcorn and soda? " Ummm.. YES!

This scent makes other people sweet on you. It's a blanket of yummy berries. Very sharp and delicious on me. I love that my skin amps up fruit very nicely.

I want another bottle but, I hoarded some other scents. This is a MUST try. It's perfect for Spring and Summer.

• 4 weeks later...

I really love Castle Crumble. The berries start tart on me but quickly mellow to sweet. The pastry note also mellows after an hour or so and just reads as creamy vanilla. Sweet berry creamy goodness. I think I am going to need a bottle of this after my sample is gone

• 2 weeks later...

I love Castle Crumble and plan on purchasing another bottle. My skin loves red fruits. Wore CC this weekend to have dinner at Cheesecake Factory at The Americana in Glendale- I don't like Cheesecake Factory, I think their service is horrible and their food is mediocre. I do love their cheesecake though. Anyhow went there because someone gave me a gift card. Everyone was bending over backwards being nice to us, people kept coming up to us and fawning over Jude- of course Mr. Jude does flirt and wave to every single lady everywhere- and we got FREE CHEESECAKE!

I did notice people were staring at us, but I thought well Jude is cute and they are probably trying to figure out who he looks like, or if I'm the nanny. Finally someone asked my bf..

" Excuse me sir, are you Iron Man? Has anyone ever told you, you look like Iron Man?"

Okay- I burst out laughing. BF is way hotter than Iron Man, sometimes does look like a combo of Iron Man, Edward Scissorhands, Wolverine and Oscar De La Hoya, depending on hair and beard length- but this was just way too funny. We had a whole table of people looking at our booth smiling and waiving at us. " He said no I am not Iron Man but I am Wolverine." Too funny. Of course he is not Iron Man. Finally, I asked our waiter for boxes, Jude didn't finish his Mac and Cheese and I ate half of my cheesecake- okay maybe 75% of it. Waiter comes back and says that my cheesecake was smashed so he gave me a whole new one! WTF! This NEVER happens to me when I go to Cheesecake Factory with my sister or anyone else. I was in shock. I left him like a 30% tip because that was sweet and why not spread the love..

Castle Crumble can you pay off my car? Maybe if I take Iron Man with me to the dealership?

Its perfect for the hot summer.The berry reminds me of a berry jam and piecrust.After a while on me the berry smells sweet and creamy..love it..It layers well with brown sugar blends..(sniffs wrist..ahh yum!)

I love Castle Crumble and plan on purchasing another bottle. My skin loves red fruits. Wore CC this weekend to have dinner at Cheesecake Factory at The Americana in Glendale- I don't like Cheesecake Factory, I think their service is horrible and their food is mediocre. I do love their cheesecake though. Anyhow went there because someone gave me a gift card. Everyone was bending over backwards being nice to us, people kept coming up to us and fawning over Jude- of course Mr. Jude does flirt and wave to every single lady everywhere- and we got FREE CHEESECAKE!

I did notice people were staring at us, but I thought well Jude is cute and they are probably trying to figure out who he looks like, or if I'm the nanny. Finally someone asked my bf..

" Excuse me sir, are you Iron Man? Has anyone ever told you, you look like Iron Man?"

Okay- I burst out laughing. BF is way hotter than Iron Man, sometimes does look like a combo of Iron Man, Edward Scissorhands, Wolverine and Oscar De La Hoya, depending on hair and beard length- but this was just way too funny. We had a whole table of people looking at our booth smiling and waiving at us. " He said no I am not Iron Man but I am Wolverine." Too funny. Of course he is not Iron Man. Finally, I asked our waiter for boxes, Jude didn't finish his Mac and Cheese and I ate half of my cheesecake- okay maybe 75% of it. Waiter comes back and says that my cheesecake was smashed so he gave me a whole new one! WTF! This NEVER happens to me when I go to Cheesecake Factory with my sister or anyone else. I was in shock. I left him like a 30% tip because that was sweet and why not spread the love..

Castle Crumble can you pay off my car? Maybe if I take Iron Man with me to the dealership?

ha thats a funny story :)..he should of played along and said he was...but then they would be asking to take pictures with him

• 1 year later...

I am wearing this today and I imagine it would be similar to layering Hamantaschen with Sugared Hazelnut. I get a lot of hazelnut along with some berry filling and flaky pastry crust. It's really good layered with Sugared Hazelnut!

I love both Castle Crumble and Sugared Hazelnut!!! I actually have CC in my purse right now. I get sugared berry pastry with Castle Crumble. Like those danishes that have glazing on them and raspberry filling! I used to live by this danish factory it was about 4 blocks from my house, and early in the mornings or at night time you could smell baked danishes with raspberries in the air. CC reminds me of that, funny I was also in the area yesterday, right next to that factory, it's called Sven or something.

• 6 years later...

I slathered this this morning. Like crazy slathered. My son ran into my room and said "what is that smell?!" He then told me that I was going to make people hallucinate rainbows and unicorns around me, that he thinks it's like the Smile Dip that Mabel OD'd with on Gravity Falls.