Can't smell the cops.

Is it possible that my skin "eats" cops like some skin eats fragrance? I have a few friends who might as well be bloodhounds, and after about 30 minutes, they say cops smell on me is barely noticable at all. (This is with BI, Lace with Cops, Sexology unscented and uncovered).

I don't think I need more (I tend to use a swipe on both side of the neck, jawline, crook of arm, cleavage and a V on the torso when I use non-spray pheros). I'm pretty sure they are still effective even though I (nor my friends) can smell them, because it's really not just the smell that's effective. Right?

Yes, the cops smell settles into your chemistry (and your cover scent) after about 20 minutes. You shouldn't really be able to smell them overtly after half an hour...they should work on a subliminal level.

If you feel that your skin is eating scent of any kind, moisturize before you apply.

Yes, the cops smell settles into your chemistry (and your cover scent) after about 20 minutes. You shouldn't really be able to smell them overtly after half an hour...they should work on a subliminal level.

If you feel that your skin is eating scent of any kind, moisturize before you apply.

I suppose I should be happy. I read (on other forums, mainly) that people have issues with covering cops... I've tried wearing the unscented cop blends several times uncovered to see if it was a one-time thing. I get a whiff of it out of the bottle, but as soon as it's on my skin (not even 5 minutes), my nose can't really detect it. Hey, it makes it easier to "cover" - so I am going to consider this a good thing. Yay :Blusher:

You might just be lucky and have chemistry that makes it play nice. Few cops blends continue to smell coppy on me after like 5 minutes tops, except scented cuddle bunny but I am alone in that. Some don't even smell when theyre wet, or even in the vial (eg halo's angelique, dolce far niente). Nom, sigh.

Mixing cops INTO the perfumes makes them behave a heck of a lot better, odor-wise. Personally, I am not brave enough to wear straight EoW and try to cover it, but I do mix it into many of my perfumes to great effect.

Mixing cops INTO the perfumes makes them behave a heck of a lot better, odor-wise. Personally, I am not brave enough to wear straight EoW and try to cover it, but I do mix it into many of my perfumes to great effect.

Yes, it does behave better that way......sometimes I use my cops straight-up, but I much prefer to mix them in before application.....in most of my scents that I have multiple bottles of, I have at least one bottle that has cops mixed in, as a matter of fact.

The only scents I can smell the cops in are the OCCO's. But I think the cops are what makes them smell good! I actually like the smell of cops. (Though I've not smelled them just plain)

Especially in the OCCO black.

Unless the zombie apocalypse is upon us and there's no other way (for example), I will NEVER wear EoW straight up, so I count on Mara to make it yummy. *clings to her in a death grip*

The only scents I can smell the cops in are the OCCO's. But I think the cops are what makes them smell good! I actually like the smell of cops. (Though I've not smelled them just plain)

You're not smelling what copulins are actually like in the OCCOs, although there's an element of their potency which, combined with the scent, makes them palatable to us (mostly).

Edited by luna65

Unless the zombie apocalypse is upon us and there's no other way (for example), I will NEVER wear EoW straight up, so I count on Mara to make it yummy. *clings to her in a death grip*

Wait, weren't YOU supposed to protect ME from da zombies? :)

funny-pictures-cat-sees-many-zombies-from-window.jpg

Yes I will protect you in exchange for perfume. Because I am not facing the apocalypse without it! :)

I've been covering the cops, but I give them twenty minutes to dry down & I use my twelve yr. old as a guide for if I have them covered. After dry-down, & when I cover them if he can't detect "nasty b.o. cheese", then I'm golden.

Wait, weren't YOU supposed to protect ME from da zombies? :)

funny-pictures-cat-sees-many-zombies-from-window.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA :10_small16:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You're not smelling what copulins are actually like in the OCCOs, although there's an element of their potency which, combined with the scent, makes them palatable to us (mostly).

Yeah, if you smelled them straight up, you would DEFINITELY know the difference!