Love Potion: Green

scourger

FLWR3.gifMagical Properties: Love, Lust, Passion, Desire, Excitement, Mood Elevation, Luck.

FLWR4.gifNotes: Vanilla, Amber and Patchouli Resins, Rain Water, wet leafy Greens, Mosses and Green Musk.

In the bottle: this is definitely an LP, with that signature heavy vanilla, and sweetness.

On, wet: Mmm. a thread of fresh greenery. It's as if the original Phero Boy crept inside LP Original. Fresh, but also strongly feminine, and very food/sex.

Drydown: That fresh green does fade into a very light, fresh musk, as Mara has mentioned. The fresh cut greenery is gone, but still lightens this blend a little, making it fall somewhere between LP Original and LP White, as far as intensity goes. As for sexiness... if LP Pink is breakfast in bed, and LP Black is a sweaty night club, Green is sex on your lunch break.

Edited by scourger

As for sexiness... if LP Pink is breakfast in bed, and LP Black is a sweaty night club, Green is sex on your lunch break.

firstofall....BLEARGH!! Hoping my package arrives today!!!!

Secondly, I'll have to try this out and mention it to my sweetie...something I've been trying to convince him might be a GOOD THING... :)

Nice review...

In the bottle: this is definitely an LP, with that signature heavy vanilla, and sweetness.

On, wet: Mmm. a thread of fresh greenery. It's as if the original Phero Boy crept inside LP Original. Fresh, but also strongly feminine, and very food/sex.

Drydown: That fresh green does fade into a very light, fresh musk, as Mara has mentioned. The fresh cut greenery is gone, but still lightens this blend a little, making it fall somewhere between LP Original and LP White, as far as intensity goes. As for sexiness... if LP Pink is breakfast in bed, and LP Black is a sweaty night club, Green is sex on your lunch break.

What does that make LP Red? :)

Seriously, I thnk I will have to put this one on my "must-try" list. Thanks for the review! :)

May

What does that make LP Red? :)

Heh. My first draft had a timeline of all the colors.

Pink, breakfast in bed --> White, upscale brunch -->Green, sex for lunch -->Original, afternoon tea cakes --> Gold, classy dinner -->Red, evening clubbing --> Black, sweaty club at Midnight

But doing the different kinds of comparisons made more sense, review-wise.

Heh. My first draft had a timeline of all the colors.

Pink, breakfast in bed --> White, upscale brunch -->Green, sex for lunch -->Original, afternoon tea cakes --> Gold, classy dinner -->Red, evening clubbing --> Black, sweaty club at Midnight

But doing the different kinds of comparisons made more sense, review-wise.

Sex and toasted tea-cakes....

*whimper* two of my favorite yummiest things! :)

:)

May

Sex and toasted tea-cakes....

*whimper* two of my favorite yummiest things! :P

:)

May

What was that song, from Jekyll and Hyde the Musical?

"And men are mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal, I just do it to please.

Those triple sandwiches are my favourite ones.

I'm also very partial to buns!"

What was that song, from Jekyll and Hyde the Musical?

"And men are mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal, I just do it to please.

Those triple sandwiches are my favourite ones.

I'm also very partial to buns!"

Oh yes, hot buns... Yum!

Depends on who the buns belong to of course. :)

Sugared hot buns... now you're talking!

May

Hee, my youngest daughter and I were just discussing 'buns' this morning. One of the reasons we watch sporting events.

the ONLY reason I'd watch sports...other than baseball live at a stadium. And half of that is to socialize and drink beer.

Depends on who the buns belong to of course. ;)

Sugared hot buns... now you're talking!

May

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA :lol:

I agree, May......it depends on who they are attached to...... ;)

Edited by Dolly

Not to detract from the bun talk, lol.

I sniffed LP Green in the vial and thought " Wow..that smells nice, it's like wearing the original LP and sort of rolling around on wet muddy grass in the best way possible" On my skin it's a little different, I don't really get any of the " wet spring scent" but I get an odd little spice. It's like...its really difficult to describe. It feels like Mara and Danna added air to the original LP. It's lighter and just a tiny bit spicier, but without really smelling that "different"

I really like it.

Heh....

This is gooood stuff. My man decided he likes it....alot. Its the LP alright but something so deliciously fresha nd earthy (but not like, dirt earthy, more like fresh mountian air earthy) about it that I feel alive when i wear it...still sexy, but young, fresh, alive :(

The green musk is really something, isn't it? And, for me, the epitomy of sexy is young-minded, fresh, and alive! This is a great, sexy, green earthy spring scent. Lovely!

I really do like this, you have the smooth round vanilla yummy creaminess in the background and on top of that is a soft muskiness and something that smells to me like wet daffodil stems, also when I first put it on I get something that is almost like a spring floral maybe daffodil or tulip but that could just be me.

The scent of wet stems dies back a bit but you still have this spring-like greeness which is incredibly seductive.

Really nice, I think this is my favorite LP proper, or very closely tied with Red

May

Yes, this is vanilla creaminess on me, but smelling something else that is blossoming that I can't quite put my finger on...

Anyhoo, I really love it very much. It was lovely for the ladies to let me sample this one. Appreciate that! So far, I really really love all the love potions I have tried so far.

I think I'm going to have to get me a trial size of this one.....

I think I'm going to have to get me a trial size of this one.....

Try it Dolly. I think you will like it, and will you are trying stuff, do try Scandalous before it sells out! The ambers are gorgeous and the cinnamon edge is v-e-r-y sexy!

May

Try it Dolly. I think you will like it, and will you are trying stuff, do try Scandalous before it sells out! The ambers are gorgeous and the cinnamon edge is v-e-r-y sexy!

May

Oh, I am getting a bottle of Scandalous.....I have a swap deal with Chai.....she is so SWEET to share!

In my next order, I AM getting a trial of LP green....I'n not too big on really green scents, but from the reviews, it doesn't sound like this one is actually THAT green.....just a touch of green-ness would be cool.....

And, green is my favorite color.....

• 1 month later...

Another one I overlooked !! I was afraid it would be TOO green for me. At first, can smell the 'green' but it isn't overwhelming, then I get the musk. I likey !!

liz :arf:

Oh, I am getting a bottle of Scandalous.....I have a swap deal with Chai.....she is so SWEET to share!

In my next order, I AM getting a trial of LP green....I'n not too big on really green scents, but from the reviews, it doesn't sound like this one is actually THAT green.....just a touch of green-ness would be cool.....

And, green is my favorite color.....

It's NOT woodsy-green by any means...just a hint...and the rest is LP edible goodness...

WOW. So glad I got a sample of this one in my most recent package.....I too had not originally jumped on this one, because I am not overly fond of green scents on me (they turn kind of wierd sometimes). But, this one has just the slightest whiff of it......it makes me think "almost green"......

Overall, this one is very fresh, very nice.....thumbs up ladies!

• 3 months later...

I've grown to love this fragrance. I had ordered a sample of this to test out if I'd like the "greeness" of the scent. The creamy notes popped out right away and at first I smelled a scent similar to irish cream coffee. It contains no coffee, so I am not sure how that happened. Finally as the fragrance wore on, I was able to detect more of a light musk undertone. Oddly enough to me, I must say that Love Potions Black and Green smell similar to me for some reason, yet distinct at the same time.

This was a sneaky variation on Love Potion. The sample vial did not at first overwhelm me with WOW but as months went by this scent quietly crept up to a top rated place in my affections. Maybe the greenery was not what I was craving back when it first came out but as summer goes on this blend works perfectly with the heat,sun,humidity and scents of plants everywhere. When the generous sample vial ran out I had to get a large bottle.I was wearing this way more than I realized!

So am I the only one on whom this is butterscotch with celery?

You say that like it's a bad thing? I think it'd be a vast improvement over celery alone! :banana085: (ok, that's broccoli, but we don't have dancing celery...)

But seriously...I get fresh green "leaf and stem" kind of green fortunately...and on the top a bit of foody/maple-ish sweetness... sorry it didn't work so much for you! I'm sure it'd be a hot trade item, if after another try it doesn't fly.

So am I the only one on whom this is butterscotch with celery?

I dont Smell butterscotch, celery but I find there are so many different smells surrounding it. One time I will get one smell and then the next time I smell something a lil different. I find it to be an amusing scent for that.

Yeah I get a celery-type smell from it too, like a plant thing, and then the creaminess of the base underneath. I have to wear this again, of course, but I'm thinking it's not really my thing (and usually green scents are not)...some of the varients just aren't but I like to try them anyway.

You say that like it's a bad thing? I think it'd be a vast improvement over celery alone! :banana085: (ok, that's broccoli, but we don't have dancing celery...)

Agreed, brussel sprouts would be worse, or cooked cabbage. There are worse combos than creamy vanilla/cel-ray (cellery soda). I will try this one more time to be fair.

How about a fragrance dedicated to over cooked veggies and salad greens? :dancingfruits0nm: (Runs for cover and hides).

If we could get one that smells like hot buttered corn on the cob (perhaps with some blatatent invitation thrown in) my SO would find me irresistable.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is amazing so glad i snagged some - it was like green grass - the type used to make hay - freshly cut - it has an airy sweetness to it, it's green but not earthy greens

I wore it with cuddle bunny and the combo was magnificent