Tiare Tiara

AncientGoddess

Ive been wearing this one all day and I really like it. Its very potent smelling and if you put on to much you can deffinetley smell the champagne, but when you just dab a bit on the wrists and neck, a strong floral (gardenia) scent comes through, :)

Edited by AncientGoddess

Ive been wearing this one all day and I really like it. Its very potent smelling and if you put on to much you can deffinetley smell the champagne, but when you just dab a bit on the wrists and neck, a strong floral (gardenia) scent comes through, :blue_dancing_banana:

I agree w/ you AG!! I am really enjoying this as well! Very strong gardenia @ first on me..then mellows to a very pretty, sexy, close to you, Come nuzzle my neck & see, kinda scent :)

Sometimes, I just don't know where my mind goes. I really don't. I thought to myself "Tiare..." I don't think I like that flower.

K, now if I had recalled I used to get Yves Rocher's Tiare oil, I'd recall that I *love* gardenia. Yes, yes, it's in the description too...but obviously my mind wasn't there either! When I finally put this on today, it's really quite wonderful, doh!

At first I get a sweetened gardenia (almost a vanilla/floral thing- also good by me) but after a bit I get a good dose of the mint- wow! I think I'll like this one for a summer scent, the mint gives it a kick that will be great in hot weather.

Because I do love gardenia I was all excited for this one! It definitely has a sheer soft quality which is perfect for summer and nicely evocative of the concept. The tiare is very creamy and rich and yet not overpowering or heavy. I expect gardenia to have a certain weight to it in a blend but the other elements help to give it a sparkly classy quality, like one of those outrageously expensive boutique blends...like Kai, but without having to break the bank to wear it!

The tiare is very creamy and rich and yet not overpowering or heavy. I expect gardenia to have a certain weight to it in a blend but the other elements help to give it a sparkly classy quality, like one of those outrageously expensive boutique blends...like Kai, but without having to break the bank to wear it!

Yup. I'm thinking full bottle worthy.

I was really really really hoping that this would smell like a scent that I used to love from back in the day it was BBW's Gardenia.. it was my fav sceent before they started selling dirt in a bottle. This smells like LAUSD hand soap on me. The powdery kind. I'm going to let it sit for a while and retest in a few weeks.

It went on pretty darn true to Tiare flowers. It did not go immediately sour on me, another plus. But then I fell asleep. :eyeroll: Retest later.

• 3 weeks later...

I smell GARDENIA.... It is not a BOLD in your face type of scent! Gentle and Elegant and still able to make a statement without offending anyone.

I imagine wearing this on a bright day entering a garden filled with gardenia... This scent captures the moment you OPEN the door to the garden... Very pretty....

5817121685_d9870206bf_m.jpg

5817121655_dd8c90408f_m.jpg

So I put this on hoping for an onslaught of sexy tiare and got...peppermint champagne? :D Tiare is one of my favorite florals ever and I'd been so excited to try this one. I could tell there was a bit of tiare in the beginning and held out hope. However much I waited, I ended up amping the peppermint more and more till I could hardly smell anything else except peppermint champagne. It's not a candy mint like Peppermint Patty (which I LOVE) either but a sharp herbal one. Sometimes I amp mint, sometimes I don't. Obviously I overamped it this time.

Edited by Invidiana

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I forgot to write a review of this... I tried this a few nights ago. Not quite sure why I waited so long to try this on my skin instead of always sniffing it in the vial. Maybe because I couldn't decide if I liked it in the vial? It intrigued me, definitely, but it just didn't seem like my kind of scent. It smells too classy! Lol!

When I first applied it, it felt pepperminty-cold, and the scent was quite overwhelming at first. But after about twenty minutes or so this dried down to a gorgeous, soft floral. I was surprised by how quiet a scent it is, after it had seemed so loud in the tester. Man, am I ever glad I finally tried it. It's not an everyday kind of scent for me, but I would certainly wear this out - if I were going to the theatre, or to a wedding or something like that. It feels like a fancy dress-up scent, (with a Tiara on the label, who'da thunk it? - duh!), but one made for summer. The cooling effect of the peppermint, possibly aided by the champagne 'bubbliness' kept my skin feeling cool.

I was pleasantly surprised by what a beautiful fragrance this turned out to be.

• 4 months later...

This one smells really similar to a lot of other fragrances on me. It starts out green - too green, like fresh cut stems - then as it dries it goes to a soft floral and green scent. On full drydown it's fresh and subtle. I get the gardenia, but I'm really not getting the sugar, musk, or peppermint at all. I don't think I'll be ordering a bottle anytime soon, but it's not bad.

• 5 months later...

I smell GARDENIA.... It is not a BOLD in your face type of scent! Gentle and Elegant and still able to make a statement without offending anyone.

I imagine wearing this on a bright day entering a garden filled with gardenia... This scent captures the moment you OPEN the door to the garden... Very pretty....

5817121685_d9870206bf_m.jpg

5817121655_dd8c90408f_m.jpg

Those pics above are exactly what I pictured when I wore this. I must amp Gardenia because that's all I could smell. Smells too lady like for me. Don't want to share my sample though, so I'll throw it in a bath one night.

• 7 months later...

I've had this little sniffie of Tiare Tiara by my computer keyboard FOREVER. Seriously, months. The strange thing is, it struck me as too powdery or just not my style in the little vial, and I'd occasionally dab a smidge on a finger and smell it but it just didn't connect with me in any way.

I just figured, for the heck of it, to put a bunch on my wrists and smudge it around. I don't know if the perfume was just playing coy, or if I finally hit the certain amount I needed for my brain to "click."

This is gardenia! There is a little bit of a strangeness to it, and I had to look at the scent notes and I'm pretty sure what's coming across a little strange to my nose is the musk and the peppermint. I'm curious about what musk was used with this one.

However it does have the humidity that I always get in a nice big cloud of gardenia perfume. purrrrrrrrr! Gimme a red dress and let's go to a speakeasy because baby wants to sing the blues and leave the boys drooling with any of the gardenia scents here!

I do prefer belle de menthe, I think most of all, however there was another one that I can't remember the name of that I liked second. This one isn't a full bottle, but this poor precious baby vial will stop being ignored!

It feels like a fancy dress-up scent, (with a Tiara on the label, who'da thunk it? - duh!), but one made for summer. The cooling effect of the peppermint, possibly aided by the champagne 'bubbliness' kept my skin feeling cool.

Yes I think it's a perfect summer floral just for that reason!