Lady V's Cherry Rose

tyvey

O my luve's like a red cherry rose.

Red red red...I get a fuchsia, hard, tart (not sweet or black or gushy) cherry, gorgeously seamlessly blended with a bright fire-engine red rose. They're a match made in heaven. As you sniff you go "cherry! no, rose! no, cherry! no, it's a cherry-rose! a rose-cherry!" NOT FOODY. Feminine, grown up and vaguely authoritative...swoony. BEAUTIFULLY DONE

I don't see it on the PE page and Mara hasn't mentioned it here on the boards so I'm guessing there's no extra :'( It's just screaming to be boosted with Cougar, PP or Leather. *lusts*

This one needs to be moved to the PE page, though. Sounds wonderful, I rarely get any PE sniffies anymore.

OMG I totally forgot about this treasure having been obsessed with all the other scents!!

I LOVE this one!!! I didn't know that there was sniffees going around.

You NAILED exactly what I wanted for this blend! I wanted a seductive scent that was feminine. One that made them salivate and want to give me chocolates and diamonds.

Thank you Tyvey for starting this!

• 1 month later...

Omg If I could eat this I would. The cherry in this is so beautiful, I get hit with that first, then the creaminess of vanilla and finally, a faint rose. I can't stop thinking- CREAMY, BUTTERY, DELICIOUS CHERRY. I want to lick my arm. I really do. I also like how it feels when I glide it on.

• 1 year later...

Here I am a year later.. still adoring this. I sent Mara the precious tiny amount that I had left.. and she recreated the most beautiful Chery Rose Vanilla heaven I have ever smelled in my life. Smelled or Smelt? It smells even better than the original if that is possible, or maybe it's because I can smell the dedication and love that goes into LPs potions. I bought a few bottles of this because I do not want to be without ever again. Picture the most perfect rose, okay now picture a cherry chip cupcake with vanilla frosting. That's what this is, beautiful and like I want to eat my arm!

Hola Niña con orejas de Mimi! Jeje...Are they really Minnie's ears or am I making it up? Jeje...I like your eyebrows and eyelashes hun, que Salma Hayek ni que nada...

I'll be honest, I was about to order your PE today but since I read it has marshmallow in it I was afraid that it would smell extremely similar to Tyvey's Black Cherry Rose, and I honestly can't bring my nose to imagine vanilla with cherries and roses...so Lady V you mentioned vanilla frosting, but do you really get a lot of vanilla from it? I like marshmallow, but most of the time it swallows the rest of the notes for me, except for Tyvey's PE...

I'm starting to think that maybe I was wrong and I should have ordered your PE....

I'm not LadyV but I play her on TV :D so funny, I was just thinking about this comparison the other day (Lady V's Cherry Rose vs. my BCR).

Lady V's Cherry Rose - the original anyway, I haven't tried this rebrew - has no detectable vanilla, at least to me. It's a heavy dark syrupy cherry, with RED roses. It's sultry and IN YOUR FACE sexy. By comparison, my BCR is a pink marshmallow flavored and tinted with black cherry juice and rosewater from wee pink roses, IMO more CUTE than sultry/sexy - Mara said it best, it screams CUTE!

Edited by tyvey

Tyvey- the rebrew is even more sexy if you can imagine.

Gabi- this is all cherry red roses with cupcake frosting. Tyvey's is a bit more sheer to me. I love hers as well, but yes this is more heavier and to me feels weightier somehow? Like a whipping cream versus whipped topping.

Totally agree that LVCR (original) is much heavier than my BCR...hers is solid and opaque and mine is a veil. BCR, you could wear and walk by someone and they would be like "oh, she just walked out of a bakery." If you walk by someone wearing LVCR they will KNOW you are wearing perfume (or have been rolling around in a vat of cherries and red rose petals). Much more "present".

I'm gonna put them on side by side tonight! (Wills clock hand to turn faster)

For sure, Gaby I don't know if you have ever made cherry chip cake or cupcakes before, but the mix tastes exactly how it smells.

Almost like a cherry danish.

It's a total floral gourmand. I wanted something that was sexy and Libra like. If Cherry were a woman, she would be wearing a silk vanilla kimono and her room would be filled with the most fragrant roses you could imagine.

The cherry is the core.

Molls is my scent sister, but you two guys are my cherry cousins...

Thanks for your descriptions Tyvey and Lady V, I should have asked you before ordering...there are a few bottles left, but I'm afraid it might be GGG before my next purchase :( Now, I want it...I love Tyvey's BCR, and I should have followed my nose, I knew cherry and roses are a must for me...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I knew I was right to buy a full bottle of this unsniffed! It is such a lovely, sweet cherry, but without the sharp plastic-y thing that some cherry smells get on me. It's very syrupy and delicious and just citrusy and tart enough to be interesting, but not overwhelming. The roses are very "red", and complement the red of the cherry beautifully.