New Releases for MAY 2011

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it in your journal...hee

You are too too much...LMAO @ confused gull ...I got dibs on one of the swings,and turnsies in the window seat in the tower :abfx:

:lol:

Caliinotheightchallenged

I'm thinking maybe a nice, big, pretty net underneath the thing...like trapeze artists sometimes use...and with small enough mesh to catch the ship's cats if they decide to fly. Personally, I'd like to be Duct Taped to the piano (with zebra-striped tape, to continue the Gallimaufry theme of my outfit) as I am a tad height-challenged.

And a cockpit...hmmm... :lol: ...*slaps self and moves little Devil off of shoulder* I think I should add one downstairs from the lounge...or maybe IN the lounge?

Edited by ElizabethOSP

NICE, Elizabeth! From one artist to another (and one Elizabeth to another!) bravo! ^_^

Definitely getting a bottle of Nookie Cookie. That is non-negotiable. Of course I'm going to want to eat it but we can deal with that later...

*attempts to sing like Jon Anderson*

Soon, oh soon the shoppe

will be updated, la la la...

*ducks a hail of rotten vegetables*

Niiiiiiiiiiccce!

Gorgeous sketch, Elizabeth! (from a non-Elizabeth artist)

Re the New Releases, I am sooooo intrigued and absolutely can't wait til the reviews start up ^_^

me too!

Dearest PM:

Wondering in regards to Gillmaufry, is it a sister or cousin to no.5, in either notes or overall feel? I know you don't do dupes, but say in the way LP Pink is like Pink Sugar (DH voted on LP in a side by side sniff at Ulta, btw ^_^ )

I'm esp curious about OUR aldehydic offering because though I recall being rather unimpressed with the Big House aldehyde powerhouse, a super close male friend who generally poo-poos everything cited it as an example of what he DOES like (I have a feeling he may have just grabbed a name of what he considered 'high end', but whatever :lol: ) and I'm wondering if this will be his in to LP fandom... and his lady's next scent, hehe...

Yes, that's something I have been wondering about too. I do enjoy some of the aldehyde-based scents out there, and I'm very curious about the LP version.

Not that Chanel no. 5 was ever that great on my skin, mind you. But like kblazin said, Gallimaufry wouldn't be a dupe anyway, so it's worth trying :)

Edited by Ishtar

Wow-weeeeezer Elizabeth! That is one dude dirigible you have rustled up. I love the swing idea, and the tower. I must admit I too smirked momentarily, (as I am a filthy little beast at times...) when Mara requested a cock pit :) ...naughty....

Hmmm, really, we only used Chanel #5 as a comparison because it was the first all-aldehyde perfume ever offered....and it was the tail end of the industrial revolution era, so it worked with our fun theme.

If I remember correctly, I think that I consciously tried to make Silk & Fur (Soie et Fourrure) along the lines of Chanel #5 according to their list of aroma chemicals, but using more natural ingredients. Here's a link: http://lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/SilkFur/

So, that one may be closer to #5 than Gallimaufry...or not...I didn't have any #5 to compare it to, I just went by their list of ingredients and added a few more according to my taste.

I'm comparing the two of them side by side right now, and Silk & Fur is a lot more "serious" smelling. It comes off very sophisticated, elegant, and regal. More wintery in weight, too.

Gallimaufry is more light-hearted than that. Although, I have a feeling that if you like one, you would like the other, because they both have musk at their base. In the case of Gallimaufry, it's a lighter white musk, with hints of woodiness, floral, and fruit. It's more a summer-weight elegance, and not as "serious" smelling. It's like they are seasonal cousins, with Gallimaufry being Summer.

Truth be told, I dumped my first attempt at making Gallimaufry and started over from scratch. On my first attempt, having never used these type of materials before, I didn't realize how strong the aroma chemicals were and used too much...the balance of ingredients was totally off and it was headache inducing. I glared at the bottle for a week trying to figure out how to fix it, then realized I couldn't fix it. I threw it out and started over. With that education behind me, with a better understanding of how they needed to be used, my current attempt is something I am really happy with now. It's...diamonds worn to a pool party - if you know what I mean. It smells rich, but casual at the same time. Like an artfully ripped pair of jeans that cost $300. Like a $400 rock & roll haircut. Casual chic.

So, in closing, I guess yeah, it would probably appeal to people who like Chanel #5, but I did not make any attempt to make it smell like #5.

I'm in the same camp, I have a couple aldehyde based perfumes that I won't ever throw away, but they are just so loud compared to LP. I mean what's sexier, a fragrance that entices someone to come closer or having your scent trail announce your presence across the room? I imagine that was quite a shock blending aldehydes, after working with the subtleties of natural ingredients for so long. I am curious, is Gallimaufry crafted to hold the same soft seductive feel as the rest of our beloved LPs, or will it come off a bit louder?

Edited by Beccah

I blended it softer, on my second attempt. The original was like a cacophony, so my retry is much more subtle.

I'm wearing it now. I am interested to see if it remains the same from dawn til dusk (like aldehydes are wont to do) or if it morphs like the more nature based scents do.

I did add a little bit of my expensive fragrance oils to this to properly balance everything. So it's a hybrid.

I blended it softer, on my second attempt. The original was like a cacophony, so my retry is much more subtle.

I'm wearing it now. I am interested to see if it remains the same from dawn til dusk (like aldehydes are wont to do) or if it morphs like the more nature based scents do.

I did add a little bit of my expensive fragrance oils to this to properly balance everything. So it's a hybrid.

Ooh I can't wait to try it. So it's alcohol based then? I also noticed there are two phero enhanced offerings in this months releases...we iz spoiled, lol!

Ooh I can't wait to try it. So it's alcohol based then? I also noticed there are two phero enhanced offerings in this months releases...we iz spoiled, lol!

Nope, it's oil based. I purchased the aroma chemicals that are soluble in oil and alcohol. (There are also water soluble ones, didn't get any of those.) Just like our regular offerings, I can turn it into an alcohol spray too.

Yup, there are two phero offerings this month, and Rainbow Falls is in cologne spray form.

I'm sniffing my application spot from this morning, Still going strong and smells lovely - a sheer light musky scent. I'm surprised how much I like it!

And....some may be interested to note....there's an ingredient in Raptor-ish Reverie that hasn't been in my hot little hands since Potion Bastet. We used it all up, put a touch into Catie Scarlet's brew as well...but I think I can still get some more. Breathtakingly expensive, but it's soooo goood, I think I am going to take the plunge and buy a goodly supply before it disappears once more.

Oh mystical mysterious Mara, which elusive ingredient is this? I am mucho intrigued... :lol:

I'm not exactly allowed to say, but you can guess, just don't post your guess. :666: But I will say in this case, the source is the Balkan Islands. And it's something, if one is extremely lucky, one may find some of this substance washed up on the shore. It's one of the rarest and most prized perfume ingredients in the world.

I'm not exactly allowed to say, but you can guess, just don't post your guess. :666: But I will say in this case, the source is the Balkan Islands. And it's something, if one is extremely lucky, one may find some of this substance washed up on the shore. It's one of the rarest and most prized perfume ingredients in the world.

I know what it is!

Edited by paganlady

I'm not exactly allowed to say, but you can guess, just don't post your guess. :) But I will say in this case, the source is the Balkan Islands. And it's something, if one is extremely lucky, one may find some of this substance washed up on the shore. It's one of the rarest and most prized perfume ingredients in the world.

OMG Mara! That is so COOL!!!!! :666::lol::) Our lips are sealed. *snicker*

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I'm not exactly allowed to say, but you can guess, just don't post your guess. B) But I will say in this case, the source is the Balkan Islands. And it's something, if one is extremely lucky, one may find some of this substance washed up on the shore.

Oh - wow. If it is what I think it is, then... um, yeah. ;)

PS: How much more cryptic can we get? :lol:

:Hug_emoticon: :Hug_emoticon: :Hug_emoticon: