WAX MELTS!!!!

I'll let everyone know if I find one that way we can all pheroblast our work places!

I wish I could (scent-wise, that is) but I'd be fired, it's against corporate policy. There's already certain fragrances I cannot wear to work because they're too strong for some of my co-workers. I would like an electric warmer for my bedroom, but I had that same worry, that it just wouldn't be strong enough, heat-wise.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could (scent-wise, that is) but I'd be fired, it's against corporate policy. There's already certain fragrances I cannot wear to work because they're too strong for some of my co-workers. I would like an electric warmer for my bedroom, but I had that same worry, that it just wouldn't be strong enough, heat-wise.

Really? Even if you said it was an oil diffuser? What if you said it helped you with production or that it was for religious purposes? I know we aren't allowed to have refrigerators or toasters, but I don't think they will notice if I have a small tart warmer.

No the company has a specific regulation regarding the use of scent (i.e. perfume or anything like it). It falls under the category of possible offense in the workplace. Just as if someone were to display something potentially offensive to another coworker, scent can be interpreted in the same fashion, plus the environmental issue of possibly triggering a allergic reaction and/or migraine. And I understand that, as I get offended by certain fragrances too, although luckily everyone here is really good about sticking to the guidelines so if someone is wearing something I don't like I don't even notice it unless I happen to be right next to them (same goes for me and what I wear). But I wouldn't be disingenuous and attempt to use an excuse which doesn't even apply to me (such as being overtly religious, because I am not, not that it would work anyway).

Edited by luna65

No the company has a specific regulation regarding the use of scent (i.e. perfume or anything like it). It falls under the category of possible offense in the workplace. Just as if someone were to display something potentially offensive to another coworker, scent can be interpreted in the same fashion, plus the environmental issue of possibly triggering a allergic reaction and/or migraine. And I understand that, as I get offended by certain fragrances too, although luckily everyone here is really good about sticking to the guidelines so if someone is wearing something I don't like I don't even notice it unless I happen to be right next to them (same goes for me and what I wear). But I wouldn't be disingenuous and attempt to use an excuse which doesn't even apply to me (such as being overtly religious, because I am not, not that it would work anyway).

That makes sense. We have a guy here, who smells like cat pee. It's offensive to some, if he comes by and I am eating something, I'll hold my breath so I don't take a bite of his smell.

Here are the candle warmers I use Candle Warmers

I use this one (they are under wax melt warmers) http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=38

So those are electric, right?

I *really* like this one:

http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=72

but I can so imagine little paws dipping into it...alas.

They are electric and have a turn dial on and off switch on the cord itself so you don't have to unplug it all the time if ya don't wanna... (I personally just unplug it just to make sure... a wierd quirk of mine <_<)

Now the ones that light up ... http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=40 I believe use the heat from the light bulb to warm the wax... I have not given those type a whirl yet.

Edited by livinginparadise

They are electric and have a turn dial on and off switch on the cord itself so you don't have to unplug it all the time if ya don't wanna... (I personally just unplug it just to make sure on... a wierd quirk of mine <_< )

Now the ones that light up ... http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?cat=40 I believe uste the heat from the light bulb to warm the wax... I have not given those type a whirl yet.

I was just looking at the pumpkin one.

They are electric and have a turn dial on and off switch on the cord itself so you don't have to unplug it all the time if ya don't wanna... (I personally just unplug it just to make sure... a wierd quirk of mine :jumpforjoy:)

Thank you for the link and info,I could not see a cord and was wondering myself <_< ...I have been using a candle warming base plate with a small pyrex dish I got while waiting for Michael's craft store to get their electrics back in stock,it has the turn dial...but think I will be getting one of these :jumpforjoy: ummm, I have that "wierd quirk",too I unplug anything with a heating element !!!

Edited by Calii

After the rain SMELLS AMAZING. I feel so calm and peaceful :) The weather is not great but i am smiling because of the brightening scent from the wax melt :Hug_emoticon: It really is beautiful.... Can we have a perfume that smells like it??? :goldfish5:

Thank you for the link and info,I could not see a cord and was wondering myself :) ...I have been using a candle warming base plate with a small pyrex dish I got while waiting for Michael's craft store to get their electrics back in stock,it has the turn dial...but think I will be getting one of these :lol: ummm, I have that "wierd quirk",too I unplug anything with a heating element !!!

I also use a candle warming base and I use a white rammekin (sp?) dish I bought at walmart. It fits perfectly and looks like they were made for each other so it's visually appealing too.

'K, I GOTS ta share this! I was using the Summer Love + Open Windows melt this afternoon, in hopes of smoothing out the kids a bit, as they were getting kind of out-of-control with each other. Well! They'd needed to go outside and do some more raking (this is fire-season-yard-cleanup-time on the mountain). The bear that opened our car came through and hung out next door eating something for a while, so we didn't go out. He's a cute guy, but we don't need to shake hands or anything! I got distracted puttering around the house, and forgot to send the kids outside when the bear wandered off.

The kids *reminded* me that they were still inside by getting noisy...but they were having fun. I went to see what they were doing, and there on the living room floor I saw: all three kids--mind you, this is a big ol' 17 year old guy (with asperger's, so he's still willing to be *young* when he wants to) and his 14- and 9-yr-old sisters, sitting in a tight circle, with two giant stuffed-animal swans, PLAYING!!! Heeeeee!!! They were backlit by the afternoon sun, and I was all "awwwwwwww!"

Then I blew out the wax warmer and told them to go rake. Heh. :) <---evil, bad, naughty Mom!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

OH Elizabeth, what a lovely and vivid image! I do hope you took a stealth picture!

Wish I had!!! Nah, I blew it with that one--didn't even try. It's hard to sneak up on my coyote babies anyway, especially the 17 yr old. I get a candid shot of him maybe twice a year! :ph34r:B):ph34r:

The BF has taken to these with the enthusiasm of a religious zealot. :20628860864593fef0b8f29:

He says the experience is so much more organic than smokey carbony incense...it's more like the experience of warm kitchen smells wafting through the house.

:ph34r:

:20628860864593fef0b8f29:

Oh, and John had a good idea about what to do with the used ones....still have a scent but maybe not another burn's worth. He's piling them up in a basket in his bathroom - says they work great like a basket of potpourri. The BF liked the idea so much he's doing that too. Think I will give this a try as well. I just keep forgetting and throwing them out. :/

The BF has taken to these with the enthusiasm of a religious zealot. :)

He says the experience is so much more organic than smokey carbony incense...it's more like the experience of warm kitchen smells wafting through the house.

:)

Now that's a good man!!!

Sunday I simmered Spa Mint in the tiara- my sister SuzyQ was visiting from her west wing Penthouse Suite- we were laying on the bed watching Annie. I was recounting the latest family/divorce drama, and called my sis in law to give her the DL and 411 in order to be prepared for later that evening... My sister had arrived to the tiara room ready to dish and hash schemes with me- she was stretched out across my bed like the panther she resembles and said.. "Mmm smells like a Spa In Here". Next thing I know Suzy Q's eyes are starting to flutter, I excused myself to fetch some Gatorade for the Hatorade that was going on and I come back to no SuzyQ. I ran to the west wing of her suite and saw her in her goosedown nest and pillow shams with her eye mask on. SpaMint took her DOWN!

Later on when she rose with the sunset- she said she felt so relaxed and it was the best nap she ever had!

I love this stuff!

don't know WHY I melted "Sug's Resins w/TH" last night ???? the scent was RICH DARK & GORGEOUS !! and created the mood it was meant to, but I was in the mood for "cheap meaningless ducttape sexx" last night icon6.gif

Edited by liz

don't know WHY I melted "Sug's Resins w/TH" last night ???? the scent was RICH DARK & GORGEOUS !! and created the mood it was meant to, but I was in the mood for "cheap meaningless ductape sexx" last night icon6.gif

...so liz, does that mean you had *soulful & loving* cheap meaningless ductape sexx instead? :jumpforjoy: (DANG! We need a duct taped smiley!)

My own recent phero melt was Garland and Lace in my bedroom, then in the rest of my house. It was relaxing, pleasant, and reeeealllllly yummy smelling. Fixed my icky mood right up! Also used--on a different day--an unpheroed NOX and it was wonderful. These are really good stuffs! B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

...so liz, does that mean you had *soulful & loving* cheap meaningless ductape sexx instead? :jumpforjoy: (DANG! We need a duct taped smiley!)

YAIS ! ducttape smiley !!! (when I get to 6500 post want "Duct Tape Queen" as my Level name !!

started out cheap, even wore CFM ! (when I see him I just want to rape him !!) then the TH got us all "mushy", lots of hugging/holding and gentle biting....heh talk about mixed signals

we'd split up a while back B), so we're kinda testing the waters again, had the hot B) sexx next morning, hee !

the TH got us all "mushy", lots of hugging/holding and gentle biting....heh talk about mixed signals

we'd split up a while back :jumpforjoy:, so we're kinda testing the waters again, had the hot B) sexx next morning, hee !

I think your instincts for the TH turned out to be just right! B) win-win !

I think your instincts for the TH turned out to be just right! :jumpforjoy: win-win !

D'oh...34.gif

just remembered I has Iced Gingerbread w/Alpha-Androstenol from the 1st batch of melts Mara made 20.gif

D'oh...34.gif

just remembered I has Iced Gingerbread w/Alpha-Androstenol from the 1st batch of melts Mara made 20.gif

Yeah,I have 2 of those hoarded, 2 of the Zippity Doo Dah's,and 3 of the Rose Cookie B2's B) ...I cannot use any of them till the weather changes cause my *swamp cooler* is on all the time and it would all go right out the window,which is sooo not gonna happen B) ...oh well at least I have time to stock up,at least I hope these stay in stock :jumpforjoy:

Yeah,I have 2 of those hoarded, 2 of the Zippity Doo Dah's,and 3 of the Rose Cookie B2's :lol: ...I cannot use any of them till the weather changes cause my *swamp cooler* is on all the time and it would all go right out the window,which is sooo not gonna happen B) ...oh well at least I have time to stock up,at least I hope these stay in stock :jumpforjoy:

I've got a bunch of the first ones hoarded, too! Gradually using them when the fan's not blowing them in the wrong direction...

CALII! WHAT is that quote in your signature??? I keep meaning to ask. I love it! B)

Yeah I find I'm using the new ones faster than the prototypes...my inner hoarder has locked them in her vault, lol.

CALII! WHAT is that quote in your signature??? I keep meaning to ask. I love it! ;)

...it is from The Last Starfighter ;) Thank you...I use to wonder what people would think it was about :10_small16:

...it is from The Last Starfighter ;) Thank you...I use to wonder what people would think it was about ;)

I remember the line....Great movie ! loved the little brother....YOLANDA BAAAABBEEEH

HAH !!

The milk chocolate almond cream w/ G2 smells absolutely amazing and was awesome for having a night of Sangria and girl talk with one of my BFFs last night.

Yay! Thanks, Skye! ;) Glad you had a nice experience with it!

I think I'm going to use up all the Caramel Apple melts all by myself....must....curb....cravings for it.... I just love how summery and happy it is.

...it is from The Last Starfighter :) Thank you...I use to wonder what people would think it was about :10_small16:

Well, dang! I loved The last Starfighter. It's been way too many years since I've seen it. Must find it on Netflix or something! I need to see where that line is... ;);):10_small16:

Oh and I'm using a *piece* of one of the prototype melts right now: Un for Men with Teddy BB. This one's MAGICK around this household!!!