WAX MELTS!!!!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cutie.pie

I love TH in wax melts!! When ever my family gets together I use it... It makes everyone feel relaxed and open... TH was a complete surprise to me. That's why I love it! :)

Ive been burning my LP O with Gotcha (I think that's the one, anyway) My b/f has been blowing it out, lol. Finally I was like, WTH... he said it's just too much for him. I'll have to switch it out for something lighter <_>

Edited by Bella15

Ive been burning my LP O with Gotcha (I think that's the one, anyway) My b/f has been blowing it out, lol. Finally I was like, WTH... he said it's just too much for him. I'll have to switch it out for something lighter <_>

Scent or phero-wise?

OMG..I put a bunch in my cart and put them back! Seriously, when cleaning and decluttering last week, I found a box of LP melts I had totally forgotten about in addition to the ones stashed in my candle and incense drawer!!! What the hell am I thinking??? The only way I will allow myself more is if there were some Sugared Honeycomb available. Otherwise, I am behaving!

• 3 months later...

I've been stalking Etsy and just thinking...you know what would be amazing? What I would really, really love? Some Pillow Stuffing wax melts w/Balm Bomb.

Well....guess what just got added (I'm pretty sure they weren't there before!)?

Merry Christmas to me!!!! Woot woot!

Happythankyoumoreplease!

• 2 months later...

Keep forgetting to review these. Today (for seven..count 'em, seven hours!) the warmer has been happily throwing Winter Woody. I love it. Cozy and cuddly without being overtly winter. The weather here is coolish and cloudy, humid but not willing to pour down cold rain. Had the windows open to let fresh air clear the house, but with Winter Woody and the heat turned very low, it made for a perfect birthday cake-baking day. True to the scent descriprion. Very happy with this one!

..,,"been happily throwing Winter Woody. I love it. Cozy and cuddly...... Very happy with this one!

can't pass this by without a lol!! :lol:

• 10 months later...

Squee!!! I have Scentsy warmers that I want to try some of these in. Back in 2008 I used to sell it. I have warmers all over the apt and for each season. Yeah I couldn't help myself and have all of these warmers. I will have to put the phero one and the Woody scent on the list. I can imagine how the phero one must make you feel. So does the heat kill the pheros? I was told heat can destroy essential oils so I only use perfumed ones. Just wondering the effect of heat on the pheros. Balm Bomb sounds like what I need when my son gets moody.

So does the heat kill the pheros? I was told heat can destroy essential oils so I only use perfumed ones. Just wondering the effect of heat on the pheros. Balm Bomb sounds like what I need when my son gets moody.

There was something lost in translation here, leading to a misunderstanding.

Heat and light will destroy any scented product over time. It does not matter if it is fragrance oil, pheromone, or essential oil. This is why you should not display perfume bottles on a windowsill or in a hot steamy bathroom. And never ever leave them in your car. The best way to preserve any of these products is in a cool, dark, dry place.

Heat is a perfectly acceptable manner of diffusion for essential oils. It is no different than diffusing perfume oils this way and does not destroy anything.

Heat is also perfectly fine for diffusing pheromones.

What is NOT fine, is FLAME.

You do not want pheromones to touch flame because some of them become a toxic gas.

Wax melts are safe, phero candles are not.

The wax melts are an incredibly efficient way of diffusing pheromones, in my experience.

Your scentsy warmers however will not be the best fit for Mara's wax. Scentsy is for softer wax than what she uses so won't get hot enough to fully melt and diffuse. You might get lucky with one or two but in general they don't get hot enough.

Your scentsy warmers however will not be the best fit for Mara's wax. Scentsy is for softer wax than what she uses so won't get hot enough to fully melt and diffuse. You might get lucky with one or two but in general they don't get hot enough.

Thanks for noting that, Heather.

Yes, we use the hardest type of wax, and use candle powered wax burners.

Heather, how does one get the soft soy wax out of the burners once the oils have burned off? Do you just let them evaporate out or do you have to scoop them with a spoon? I've never used that kind. I'm used to the hard wax that pops out when cold.

There are lots of ways. I hot dump. It's just easiest. You can also put it in the freezer if you have a warmer with a detached bowl. Or you can soak up the wax hot with cotton balls or paper towels. Those can be kept for firestarters for camping or a fireplace. Some people hot dump into a jar with a wick in it so when it's full they have a pretty rainbow emergency candle.

I scrape mine out as well, I have an old tea pot I collect leftover wax in. I save cardboard egg containers and dryer lint, stuff the egg holes with the lint, and pour the heated wax from the tea pot over them. Break two eggs off and you have a good fire starter for camp, fireplace or woodstove.

The nice thing about soy is that hot soapy water washes the residue away easily.

I scrape mine out as well, I have an old tea pot I collect leftover wax in. I save cardboard egg containers and dryer lint, stuff the egg holes with the lint, and pour the heated wax from the tea pot over them. Break two eggs off and you have a good fire starter for camp, fireplace or woodstove.

The nice thing about soy is that hot soapy water washes the residue away easily.

Cool idea. I take a clean jar and put a wick in the bottom then pour wax in the jar when I want to change it. After many times I have a multicolored multi scented candle. I like to recycle. Could also make tea lights this way too.

I "hot dump" (why does that sound funny?). I also wipe the wax out with a paper towel but it has to be just soft enough but not too soft to work like that. I have so many wax warmers the easiest one is the soapstone I'm assuming because of the weight of the material. The ceramic warmers powered by candles are super hot so you have to be careful.

Edited by StacyK

I save cardboard egg containers and dryer lint, stuff the egg holes with the lint, and pour the heated wax from the tea pot over them. Break two eggs off and you have a good fire starter for camp, fireplace or woodstove.

I am so impressed with you!!!! :D

I am so impressed with you!!!! :D

Awe shucks, thank you PM, I think I learned that from someone who was a Girl Scout leader many, many moons ago. They work so well and it gets rid of three things that would normally be disposed of.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone who's a wax veteran know if I can use fragrance oils in my wax warmer? I heard you can use wax chips/unfragranced wax or coconut oil and add some fragrance oil to it? Or would it be better to just use an oil diffuser thing? I feel like at this point I'm accumulating more perfume than I'll ever be able to finish wearing in my life even if I grew 14 arms, so might as well make my apartment (more like a closet) smell good and slightly more livable...

Edited by Midnight Requiem

Does anyone who's a wax veteran know if I can use fragrance oils in my wax warmer? I heard you can use wax chips/unfragranced wax or coconut oil and add some fragrance oil to it? Or would it be better to just use an oil diffuser thing? I feel like at this point I'm accumulating more perfume than I'll ever be able to finish wearing in my life even if I grew 14 arms, so might as well make my apartment (more like a closet) smell good and slightly more livable...

Yes you can! Use wax chips if you have em, rather than coconut oil. Be careful though with perfumes that contain heavy spice especially if it is real spice - they can act like pepper spray in the air esp in a small room. Ask me how I know. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is insanely genius. I do have a few wax soaked cotton balls in one of my earthquake kits, but this is genius. I'm totally going this!

Also a great opportunity to say the words "hot dump." I don't think those two words have ever sequencially come out of my mouth and I'm looking forward to it.