NEW ~ the one with the Baby on a Leaf label.

LadyVictoria

This one I thought would be a sure thing for me: I'm a nanny, so I am exposed to a lot of traditional baby scents. My favorite is Burt's Bees Baby Bee and I think I imagined this one would be similar. Unfortunately, the milk stands too far out. It's nice enough - the milk does not sour on me - but there's a hint of sharpness that seems out of place. When I think of babies, sharp is not what comes to mind. It could be just how my skin interacts with the perfume.

I'll keep it around and see if it changes at all for me.

I'm sorry this one isn't working for you at the moment lesreveurs, I don't get anything sharp in this at all. For me it is all about the soft, soft, soft. It is so utterly soothing, and instills a sense of nuturing I think. I would hold on to it for now, and try it again at some point, it is worth the effort.

Edited by Elliebellikins

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF I know there's a review thread for this -- I have tried everything (including by ALPHA LISTING of review topics) and still can't find the thread. I give up - sorry mods please move/merge?

With all the love and respect in the world to the many of you who are mothers, the sacrifice and dedication and difficulty of which state I literally can't even comprehend, - I have never been very maternal and am missing whatever cog it is I'm supposed to have that should make me obsessed with babies I'm not related to (please spare the judgment...I've already been made fully aware that I apparently deserve to be executed for this) so this didn't really call out to me, but because of all the lovely reviews WHICH I CANNOT FIND I decided to try it out...and it is SO SO PRETTY AND NOMMY. It doesn't really evoke babies for me at all, but nighttime/snuggling - from the instant it hit my skin it was instantly soothing and almost sedating...I could feel my heart rate slow - and yet somehow mildly uplifting (mood-wise). It feels like a fuzzy hug. It's obviously foody, but as it's drying down it is taking on a very interesting nutty quality. I love its sweetness and complexity. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I wonder if this would be good with Perfect Match or unTMI....

ETA fixing for typos so it makes sense

Edited by tyvey

I think the board (like the last one, even) can't to a 3-letter search... which makes "New" tough to find...

I had put a subtitle on it originally "the one with the baby on the leaf", but it looks like it erased with the board change-over. Let me see if I can add to the title to make this easier.

WTF I know there's a review thread for this -- I have tried everything (including by ALPHA LISTING of review topics) and still can't find the thread. I give up - sorry mods please move/merge?

With all the love and respect in the world to the many of you who are mothers, the sacrifice and dedication and difficulty of which state I literally can't even comprehend, - I have never been very maternal and am missing whatever cog it is I'm supposed to have that should make me obsessed with babies I'm not related to (please spare the judgment...I've already been made fully aware that I apparently deserve to be executed for this) so this didn't really call out to me, but because of all the lovely reviews WHICH I CANNOT FIND I decided to try it out...and it is SO SO PRETTY AND NOMMY. It doesn't really evoke babies for me at all, but nighttime/snuggling - from the instant it hit my skin it was instantly soothing and almost sedating...I could feel my heart rate slow - and yet somehow mildly uplifting (mood-wise). It feels like a fuzzy hug. It's obviously foody, but as it's drying down it is taking on a very interesting nutty quality. I love its sweetness and complexity. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I wonder if this would be good with Perfect Match or unTMI....

ETA fixing for typos so it makes sense

Hey I wasn't obsessed with babies until i had my own. I used to joke that I wasn't having babies because they smelled bad and you couldn't crate them when you were leaving the house...BEFORE I had babies. It's just hard to imagine until you have one. Don't count yourself out just yet.

I wonder if this would be good with Perfect Match or unTMI....

I want to get a bottle boosted with Tranquility Potion.

But yeah, although I love babies/kids I never saw myself as maternal material until my surprise came along. His poop definitely smelled like poop, though, so I must not have passed along that special gene or whatever. ;) I like to say that there's plenty of people who have no business being parents so those who KNOW they don't want to be should be respected for their intelligence.

The drydown on this is just the most gorgeous symphony of soft, sophisticated, cuddly, fuzzy nom. I had no expectation it would be this sexy. I loooooove myself with this on. I was just caught by a passerby with my nose down my shirt.

The drydown on this is just the most gorgeous symphony of soft, sophisticated, cuddly, fuzzy nom. I had no expectation it would be this sexy. I loooooove myself with this on. I was just caught by a passerby with my nose down my shirt.

LOllllllllllll

I always get caught licking and making out with my wrist.

With all the love and respect in the world to the many of you who are mothers, the sacrifice and dedication and difficulty of which state I literally can't even comprehend, - I have never been very maternal and am missing whatever cog it is I'm supposed to have that should make me obsessed with babies I'm not related to (please spare the judgment...I've already been made fully aware that I apparently deserve to be executed for this)

Don't worry about that, I was like you previously until I have my own kids. Although I'm surrounded by children every day, it doesn't make me want to have more as I'm just not the maternal kind.

Lol that reminds me of Mara's horrified OMG WTF STOP EET reaction to your rhapsodic ravings about eating mamelons (?) off your arm and hallucinating

Lolll It was candy apple cutie. I had to taste it. I always eat pillow stuffing but that's by accident. I go to bed with a million scents but I know now that one tastes so when I get the sharp herb on my tongue and mouth.. I'm like.. " oh yeah it's pillow stuffing. "

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been testing this for numerous nights. On wet, this actually turns a little plasticky but two to three hours after, it actually turns into a very nice, sexy and cozy scent. Yeah, newborn baby and sexy??? Not likely but I have been huffing my arm for many nights now. Perhaps it's the milk that made it so cozy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I came on this one late in the game and was able to snag a full bottle from the lovely JOC. I'm not a mother, and I'm not around many babies at all, so maybe that's why I'm not associating this scent with my definition of "baby smell." It is lovely though. Lavender sometimes goes awry on my skin, but when it works, it really works, and it works in this. It's a lovely, creamy vanilla lavender smell, sort of like it wants to be foody, but stops just short of it. Maybe it's the oakmoss, but something about this smells natural, earthy and womanly, and that makes it kind of sexy. I had this on last night and slept like a baby. LOL, no pun intended.

I'm so glad that you are enjoying this as much as I do. I thought I was going crazy when I found this sexy. Not the motherly sexy (since I'm a mother of 2) but real seductively sexy.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

ok so first don't freak out people. I've had a few older pending orders and when this became available I ordered 3 bottles like "Snap"!! so they got tucked in with my 3 other orders. I have no other NRs ....

So firstly I can't compare to the first brew, so that is on someone else. I grabbed this because I love lavender and I LOVE "Spark In The Dark" and there were comparisons made. I can definitely smell why that is. New will make most mothers think "baby", my ovaries gave a little throb when I first smelled this. A moist, powdery, gentle freshness. Smooth, sheer and soft. I feel "new", young and pretty like everything is a fresh start. It's all possibilities and promises. :lol:

It doesn't give me that light resin note like SITD, but it has substance. It clings to my skin and really rings those scent memory bells.

I'm glad I got one in spray.. so comforting. Spritz this on at night and sleep like a baby.

MILK ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

Edited by StacyK

ok so first don't freak out people.

Uh...why would we?

My new NEW arrived today, can't wait to slather once more since I've been hoarding a 1/4th of a bottle for years now (and I'm glad I was totally wrong about it being rebrewed!).

Uh...why would we?

My new NEW arrived today, can't wait to slather once more since I've been hoarding a 1/4th of a bottle for years now (and I'm glad I was totally wrong about it being rebrewed!).

Well I think it's a bit accidental or fortuitous, because of the other orders that I have it.

I am very happy tho. So glad I got one in spray..

I love the lavender in this. it's like the "Goldilocks " of lavender not to sharp, not to soft, just right.

I believe it is - same ingredients and recipe, and since there was only a limited amount of one particular ingredient (IIRC) that's why Mara had to make a smaller batch and sell it separately. IMO it smells exactly the same.

I REALLY like this. It smells like snuggles and puppies and hugs. But really... It reminds me of being enveloped in blankets, comforted and calm. Who needs a new puppy? Just buy New.

This isn't sharp whatsoever. I get the milk and the lavender. The oakmoss isn't piercey. Although it doesn't remind me of baby shampoo- it has that soft baby skin feel.

This is going to be a bedtime staple for me!

This one is sneaky addictive. One little swipe -- oh, quite nice! Fifteen minutes later -- oh, another swipe would be even nicer! A few more minutes go by -- huh. Let's try a bit more this time and see what happens. Walk through the house, land up back in front of The Bottle again -- surely a few more swipes can't hurt. Gads, but I smell soooo gooood!!!

Bottom line: I cracked the seal on this baby (heh) yesterday and today there's half a bottle left. LP elves must have snuck in during the night and used up half a bottle. There's just no other explanation. :rolleyes:

Half a bottle in one day? Wow, I thought I used up my original bottle rather fast (well, nearly so anyway), but that beats my usage!

Half a bottle in one day? Wow, I thought I used up my original bottle rather fast (well, nearly so anyway), but that beats my usage!

SOMEONE may have also swiped some on a pillow or two. . . just sayin'. :Blusher:

Ducky, I got one in spray it's great that way.

I'd be too tempted to drink the stuff if it were in a spray bottle. . .