NEW ~ the one with the Baby on a Leaf label.

LadyVictoria

Olderbutwiser, I apologize if the use of that word is offensive to you; my usage was not intended as negative to TheBirkeys. I am only trying to say wait and see. I don't even know that Mara would agree to such a rebrew request, to be honest; it would probably have to be done as a Super Custom instead.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries...

ETA: Re: Super Custom Order: Perhaps that's an option Birkey will consider.

Hearts: It may come as a surprise to you, dear, but the most I have in LP fragrances is TWO bottles of any one thing so I don't think I qualify as a hoarder. Now when it comes to BOOKS, that's another story, lol!

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Wow. I am on the other end of the spectrum. I find there's so much to love here (and if you can't find a 'love' all you have to do is wait another month!) that I worry I risk missing out on something wonderful if I blow my budget on one particular scent. That and guilt (yes, I can very often be that empathetic enabler type) CIP, I had 2 bottles of something and genuinely felt bad after I read a disappointed post by a long-time member who really wanted a FB of that same scent but it was already gone. I love LP not only for the incredible products but for the community here that I've become quite fond of! And (this will not surprise you long-termers) I've discovered that my tastes actually change! (thank you trade forum!) I no longer want that "signature scent" that I thought I wanted when I started here at LP. Just to be clear, I realize my example is extreme, and I'm not passing judgement! I know everyone at some point gets a few bottles of their obsessions and I get that. I guess it all balances out depending on our personalities and scent preferences. I would hope that no one would ever deliberately buy out a popular scent to later sell it to those desperate to have it. I think that modus operandi is reserved for concert tickets ;)

ETA: And I totally agree with Luna's Super Custom suggestion... in fact, is that the same as the Custom Blended Perfumes link in the Reading Room section of the Website? If you know you love something and want it to be yours that totally seems like the way to go plus there are some really cool product options!

Edited by LoveStruck55

That one did sell out faster than usual, I think the first brew was gone within a week? Sometimes people immediately go into hoard mode and buy several bottles at a time. I can sometimes guess what might move fast, but ultimately it depends on so many factors it's fairly hard to predict.

Yeah, like Allumette! Poof and Absinthe. But WISKER brew #1 was super fast ...uber POOF

Let me just say that before you start scheming in that fashion, wait for the descriptions for this month, then act accordingly.

luna65...You don't know how excited I am about June's new releases! That is all I have thought about since Mara showed us the pictures. I know it is hard for regular people to understand how obssessive people with Aspergers can be when it comes to something they like. We are very routine oriented and repetitive with our clothes, food, etc. You will probably hear me go on and on about the perfumes I love because that is how I am. The reason I was talking about a personal brew is that, despite how much Mara loves us and jumps through hoops to make us happy, she is the owner of a business and there would need to be a demand big enough to justify rebrewing it. I wouldn't want it all to myself...just to commit to enough that it would be worth her time and expense to do it...for now I am counting the days until the NRs come out like everyone else!!! :)

I wouldn't call it scheming, as Birkey has stated that she has Asperger's. She's also gathering several favorites to take to ladies in India in her fiancé's family.

ETA: She also felt that LP White is light enough to withstand the heat there.

Thank you for what you said Olderbutwiser! I am guessing that you are familiar with Aspergers..lol ;) When we love something..we really love it!! ;) The other is that my fiance, Jatin, also has Aspergers and he is very particular about perfumes/colognes and can't stand anything strong. If I were going to give perfumes as gifts to his family, it would have to be a subtle scent that he could stand for them to wear around him and I thought LP White would be just perfect! For now I will wait with great anticipation for our new Love Potions to come out!! :)

Now...I know this thread is supposed to be for New so let me just say that it is one of the most wonderful perfumes that I have ever smelled! Every time I wear it everyone around me wants to know what I am wearing (almost demanding). I am not great at picking out notes, but to me it all blends together wonderfully. Although it doesn't contain anything fruity, to me I almost get a cherry scent mixed with vanilla. It is very relaxing (Lavender is great for that) and since I haven't been around babies to know what they smell like, let me just say that if you ever have the chance to get a bottle of New...you can't go wrong!! :)

luna65...You don't know how excited I am about June's new releases! That is all I have thought about since Mara showed us the pictures. I know it is hard for regular people to understand how obssessive people with Aspergers can be when it comes to something they like. We are very routine oriented and repetitive with our clothes, food, etc. You will probably hear me go on and on about the perfumes I love because that is how I am.

I wasn't even aware that you are ASD when I made that post, so it wasn't a comment on your behavior, just that I believe you will really like one of the LP variants in the June release, that is what I meant by my comment. I hope I've made it clear enough now. I apologize to whomever I may have offended with the tone of that comment, but I honestly did not know that detail about you until Olderbutwiser responded with her post. I just want to make it clear to everyone that I would not knowingly deride anyone in the community whatever their personality spectrum may be and thus I hope this misunderstanding can be ended.

I wasn't even aware that you are ASD when I made that post, so it wasn't a comment on your behavior, just that I believe you will really like one of the LP variants in the June release, that is what I meant by my comment. I hope I've made it clear enough now. I apologize to whomever I may have offended with the tone of that comment, but I honestly did not know that detail about you until Olderbutwiser responded with her post.

I didn't think you were commenting on my behavior...I explained it to you because to people who aren't familiar with how Aspies are...we can seem excessive and obsessive. When I read your comment I thought-geez, she must think I am crazy going on about this when we have all of these new Love Potions coming out..I must seem like a real nutjob...lolol ;) I understand what you were saying and no worries..no need to apologize for anything because you didn't say anything to merit an apology...it's all good. Just so you know about me for future posts...I'm a really laid back person and don't get offended because most of the time...I don't get things...most everything goes right over my head...its hard when your reading someone's words instead of talking face to face...when we write, in our head, we know the tone and how we want to come across, but when you read words, it can be taken differently. Don't ever worry about what you write on here with me...(I am smiling the whole time I am writing all of this)....:D

I'm glad then, because given the tone of Olderbutwiser's post I thought I had really hurt you and her and given both my official responsibilities and my relationship to the community, it is not a thing I want to happen to anyone.

And I'm smiling over here as well, cuz' I'm really o.k.! I simply had noticed that Birkey mentioned being an Aspie in her post prior to yours and was a bit surprised you hadn't noticed that before making your post...as not much slips by you, lol!

I will say this tho.....in this day and age of technology and trying to understand posting/texting and where a person is coming from without being able to see the other person's face, body language and/or hear their voice inflections sometimes feels like navigating a mine field, especially when you don't know each other. I'm worried that humans are going to eventually lose their ability to talk to each other or even make eye contact in real time. For example, I was in the grocery store the other nite and asked an employee if they knew when they were going to restock a certain brand of coffee (that they normally carry) and he's texting away, and uncomfortable that someone's actually talking to him. His response was, well if it's not on the shelf we don't have it. No eye contact, even once. I gave up, came home and found it online instead.

Anyways, I digress, lol! So, is this the part where they say hugs all around?? :blushing:

I'm glad then, because given the tone of Olderbutwiser's post I thought I had really hurt you and her and given both my official responsibilities and my relationship to the community, it is not a thing I want to happen to anyone.

Luna, it all began with my curiosity question about fast sell-outs so I'm the one who opened the dang barn door**! I'm all for going back to before my 5/31 "sell-out trivia" post (which really had no business in the NEW review thread anyway) That's what I hate about social media/texting - your tone or intent can be totally misconstrued. Suffice it to say: You are not only one of the most intelligent people in this community, but additionally, you are always a stellar example of professionalism and an incredible resource to us all. I think everyone would agree with me. So, at the risk of beating another phrase to death... no worries. That's about as PC as my brain can come up with right now.

Finally, I apologize for any part I had in this silly mess. Can I get one more Newbie Pass, please? I know I'm pushing it at 3 months.

**if anyone doesn't quite get this, just Google the idiom "Close the barn door after the horse has bolted." I'm from the South and grew up with some admittedly weird sayings - unfortunately they are forever entrenched in my brain.

SO how 'BOUT this NEW rebrew??? Awesomeness. There's a lot of that to be had here, in many forms. :) (see... I'm back on topic)

Edited by LoveStruck55

When I first visited the LP site I was overwhelmed...then started to sample but there were so many choices. I finally came up with a strategy that works for me and that was to test all of the permanent scents and find those I love to use as more everyday types of scents then I add bottles of other scents to rotate through. I find having plenty of the permanent scents I love helps me to ration the special scents that are of limited quantity. In the end that is what makes most of these blends so special...that they are limited. When I apply LP White, I feel as though I am treating myself to something special. It makes a heavenly scent even that much more heavenly in my opinion. There are so many scents to try that I find the larger my collection grows....the longer each bottle will last. If you only have a few scents to use, you tend to go through it quicker. I imagine it is like diamonds....if they were everywhere you walked, a foot deep, they would not have the same value as they do when they have limited availability. Even among diamonds there are some more special than others.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you need to approach these scents for the gems they are. Mara is an artist and these are works of art. I have never encountered the artisan perfumes as they are here and will never go back to mass produced stuff sold in the store. I wish I had cases of LP White but if I did, I would not have found some of the other scents I love. I would have just stuck with the LP White. I thought when I fist tried LP White I would never find scent I love as much but now I don't even reach for it that often. I have a nice growing collection of loves and tend to lean on those that are permanent more often.

I hope this makes sense

I just got my bottle of new today! I've been long hoarding a sample-just one! I've loved it but been hesitant to apply more than a drop once in a while, but now I'm free!! Bf liked it, which is great. There's something very addictive to it. It's strong but soft. That makes it sound like toilet paper...but it's like a really soft flannelette sheet, the old kind, the thick ones you don't get anymore, that has been washed over and over so it's so soft and clean. It's like putting that on your bed and climbing in all fresh for a lovely sleep.

I just got my bottle of new today! I've been long hoarding a sample-just one! I've loved it but been hesitant to apply more than a drop once in a while, but now I'm free!! Bf liked it, which is great. There's something very addictive to it. It's strong but soft. That makes it sound like toilet paper...but it's like a really soft flannelette sheet, the old kind, the thick ones you don't get anymore, that has been washed over and over so it's so soft and clean. It's like putting that on your bed and climbing in all fresh for a lovely sleep.

What a great review Mel! As tough as things have been for you I'm so thankful you found some peace and joy in this little bottle. I'm addicted to mine every night before crawling in to bed. I would love it as a linen spray... which is right in line with your "really soft flannelette sheet" comment.

• 1 year later...

I love that when I wear this, everyone thinks it's my baby that smells so good haha.

I bet!! :lol: I love this one. It's such a happy and comforting sent. :)

You've got the real thing, enjoy. It's goes by so fast.

Edited by StacyK

Guest cutie.pie

I love that when I wear this, everyone thinks it's my baby that smells so good haha.

Hahaha :lol:

• 2 years later...

I know this perfume reminds you all of babies. I love it, I wore it tonight just because I needed a restart on the day. I have a sample of a newer version, too, the same line as Time Turner and Aurora, it's equally lovely.

For me, I don't know if babies really smell like this. Other people's sleeping babies, maybe. But, if my son smelled this, he would say that it reminds him of me. I intentionally wore lavender all the time while nursing him, so lavender would always calm him down. Today he loves lavender, has even said "Mom you know I'm just a lavender kid," when I've asked his opinion on certain perfumes. (Except Howl, that's one he was happy about.)

I swear this doesn't make me feel more maternal, but I have to cop to the fact that I've been looking at kittens online all night. Not for me though, it's for my daughter. She wants a grey and white tabby/tortie or grey and white longhaired kitten. I thought I found the perfect one the other night but it was $800 for whatever fancy mix it was. So I'm still looking. But just to be clear, I'm not feeling maternal or wanting a kitten. I'm not. I already have 3 cats, including the kitten John Snow (He's 10 months old now and everyone is now playing peacefully daily.) I'm hoping for a kitten a few months younger than him for my daughter (and John Snow) because she is an animal whisperer and is relatively frustrated with me that she's never picked out a pet of her own. When I do find a few kittens fitting her requirements, I will let her go meet several so that she can do the "picking."

So, in summary, New is amazing and cozy and clean and huggable and doesn't make me want to cuddle anything little, sweet and innocent.