Rapturous Reverie

liz

AD-RaptureReverie-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516f

Rapturous Reverie

This is the scent of Rapturous Reveries and Primal Love: ancient resins and redwoods, smoky Arabian incense and a touch of spice. You might find yourself positively ecstatic to experience it…even if The End Is Near (again).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
CIVET ~ Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form. Considered a strong aphrodisiac, has an intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
INDIAN OUD (Agarwood)~Love
, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
REDWOOD ~ Protection, love, success, power.
PIMENTO LEAF ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money, love.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification
, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG ! who could ask for anything MORE ???

if you LOVE resinous scents, this is a MUST HAVE !
I haven't been this excited about a scent since Remind Me Again (complete w/group ritual) ! this almost makes up for that elusive bottle of Potion Bastet !!
I only ordered a sample but I NEED a bottle (or HOARD a few !!)
The choice of ingredients are perfectly blended, beautifully seductive, mesmerizing !? too many adjectives are coming to mind, I WANT to OD on this scent !!
I want a bottle blended w/B2, just for me !!
1st off the Honey, sweet but not overwhelming, then the Ambergris or Civit or perhaps the Oud, not sure which one but I felt a quiver down there :blush: , Redwood has made it's presence, while amber and smoke linger lightly in the background.
I think I just had SEXX w/myself....I need a cigarette.

Calii fans self :) ...whew,nice Liz,really nice :) Resins are not my thing,but that is the pure Magick of LPMP,there is something special for all tastes...and the creations keep coming!!

:lol:

Yay, Liz! :lol:

I was hoping this one would make you happy.

I often think of you ladies when I am brewing.

I thought of Liz while I was making this, hoping she would like it, and missing her not being on the boards much lately. I'm glad you're back, Liz! HUGZ!

Yay, Liz! :lol:

I thought of Liz while I was making this, hoping she would like it, and missing her not being on the boards much lately. I'm glad you're back, Liz! HUGZ!

Oh Mara... you're such a love.

Yes anyone who's a lover of deep dark smoky resins will definitely be caught up in the rapture* of this one! It reminds me somewhat of Naughty on the Nile but it's more robust, absolutely an ancient evocation. I'm thinking of a structure, thousands of years old, the type of place you can literally feel the past all around you; or a place of great magickal energy.

*("I'll take gratuitous 80s pop culture references for $500, Alex.")

Yay, Liz! :)

Glad to be back, Mara ! :)

Happy ? I'm Loopy !!

having me in mind when creating this is scent is truly one of the best compliment I could have ever received, Thank You Mara, hugz back attcha :lol:

What fantastic reviews! I'm looking forward to trying this one out, I love music & perfume that evoke "ancient".

I have missed you too Lizzie, my original evil enabler :)

aww....misses YOU TOO, little one !! :)

Tried this one last night. Upon application it screams RESINS in a way that is just too much for me. But, this morning, I have just a hint of lovely sandalwood. I think this might be great for me as an "enricher" for sweet fragrances!

OK, so here is the "resin ho" chiming in!

This one is one that I NEEEEEEED a full bottle of, for sure! My skin loves resins, and this resin scent is no exception! It bloomed beautifully on me....absolutely TO DIE FOR! Woodsy and deep, with just a touch of sweetness.....LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

OK, so here is the "resin ho" chiming in!

This one is one that I NEEEEEEED a full bottle of, for sure! My skin loves resins, and this resin scent is no exception! It bloomed beautifully on me....absolutely TO DIE FOR! Woodsy and deep, with just a touch of sweetness.....LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

d'oh !

in my over excitement about this scent :happybirthday: , I forgot to mention that this one does scream "DOLLY" !!

one of my 1st thoughts was that you'd LUV, LUV, LUV this one !

d'oh !

in my over excitement about this scent :happybirthday: , I forgot to mention that this one does scream "DOLLY" !!

one of my 1st thoughts was that you'd LUV, LUV, LUV this one !

Oh yes, I DO!!!!

Just tried this one this evening. Rapturous Reverie is: Honeyed wood...in a resined box. Liz, I need a ciggie, too. And a towel. :):) YOWZA.

ETA: I need to try this one on the ManThing. Will report back when I do.

ETA: End of the month! I have been remiss. Putting some on Mr. ManThing right now.

ETA: Okay! Whereas this smells like Sex on a Stick on me, it smells like MANLY, woody, Sex on a Stick on the ManThing. YUM! Gots ta have him wear this more often. B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

ok, i am getting an almost cedar like scent? is that strange? but i def get woods, honey, and something kinda flowery, but not a femine flower. does this make sense? wow, ok, now it morphed on me. now it is screaming wood at me. resined wood. very interesting, and quite the morpher on me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This has lots of the thick, syrupy resins that I love; at least on my skin they have undertones of caramel and maple syrup. The resins also have a lovely smokiness to them. On the drydown hints of earthy wood emerge, giving it even more body. Goodness knows I have an arsenal of resin perfumes but I'm really liking this one. We shall see.

Edited by Invidiana

Are any LPs similar to this one?

As I noted in my review, it reminds me of Naughty on the Nile, but deeper and darker.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I had to beg borrow and steal from my already tight budget, but I managed to pick up 2 bottles of this one.....wearing some of my dwindling sample today.....LOVE THIS! It is just sooooooooo ME!

OK, so I had to beg borrow and steal from my already tight budget, but I managed to pick up 2 bottles of this one.....wearing some of my dwindling sample today.....LOVE THIS! It is just sooooooooo ME!

I can still smell it this morning.....I think today will be a replay!

I can still smell it this morning.....I think today will be a replay!

Slathered myself with part of my dwindling sample, along with a healthy dose of Open Windows for the "blue funk mood"....

Slathered myself with part of my dwindling sample, along with a healthy dose of Open Windows for the "blue funk mood"....

This one really reminds me of another one that I like a lot....Spirit Bottle.....it has that same smoky sultriness to it.....

Annnddd...I'm back, again. Stupid computer/ISP problems solved! Anyways, I think I must have overdone it with this one. Normally, I love resins, so I slathered it on when I got it. Either it was still in travel shock or there is something my chemistry doesn't like, because it had a SHARP metallic tinge to it. Plus, the longevity made it last into the next day, even after repeated scrubbing. I think this is one that needs to mellow and require only the lightest of application before I try it again. Bummer. <_<

• 2 months later...

Loving the resinous scents myself, I knew I needed to try this,and thanks to my lovely lady friends I got a sample!

At first dab,love the scent. Like want-to-order-some-now love it.

Heavy amber on me,and a bit of smoke. A hint of sweetness.

A few moments later, it becomes a bit woody-spicy and a bit animal. Love it.

30 minutes later, no trace of the scent except for smoke.

im absolutely praying that my chemistry is off and ate the scent up.

This is one I wanted to last for hours and hours.

Im definately going to give it another try some other day.

Unfair.

WAY unfair.

• 6 months later...

Turns out this scent isn't really my thing. I can get what you all like about it, but I guess resins just don't work on me - they make me feel old for some reason, so perhaps I associate the resiny smell with some old ladies I've met or something. I do get a bit of cedar and some sweetness as well, which makes it tolerable. The amber and musk smells really sexy, but somehow I just don't like it.

This might be good to round out some really sweet blends as Goddesslynne suggests but I probably wouldn't wear it otherwise.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I made one final sale purchase and snagged this in the sale - foregoing the trial vial I was considering - and I am NOT disappointed!

I don't know if the scent for ambergris IS ambergris or just something reminiscent there of, but I like this note. It's incredibly unique and not like anything I've ever smelled before. It gives the fragrance that "Hmm" factor that I love when I smell something I like but for the life of me cannot figure out what it is I'm liking :D

It is definitely a honey scent on me. Most anything with honey my chemistry turns to a clean, powdery sweetness. I remember at first this was a turn off to me because my brain associated it to baby powder but I've found ways to SHMEXY up that powdery scent on the days my skin seems to be amping it by layering and WOWZAH! But I digress...

There's something about civet my chemistry goes ga-ga for as well and amber is always a win. I'm not as familiar with the other notes. I only just recently found out oud ROCKS, I seem to like woods, leaves, grasses and such in other scents and I KNOWI like smoke :w00t:

This is just an over all well rounded fragrance and it's going to be a go-to...

You got the bottle before I got mine! So jealous!!! But glad to see your review :D huh, I wonder if Oud is that something other scent I pick up from Unseelie (which to me is mainly a dark leather smell which I love.)

I'm really happy it worked for you :) I know we all make our own decisions but I'm glad one I mentioned worked on you (especially since it's one I have coming my way to try for the first time too!)

Edited by MissHazel

Yeah, hehehe, MissH, lol, I decided - what the heck! I was going to get the sample when you reminded me and then thought...if all else fails there's always the trade thread but I'm such a junkie now that even if something may not be a favorite - as they're all good - that it can be layered to greatness!

THIS one does not have that problem AT ALL. It's a gorgeous stand alone.

I couldn't pass on the FB in the sale and now I'm glad that I didn't - can't wait to read your thoughts when you get your mitts on it :)

• 1 year later...

Bought this off Artfire, already loved it wet in the bottle....adore it dry. It's different enough to warrant a full bottle. I have been collecting resin/incense smells for a while now, this is lovely, dark but positive. The honey makes it a tiny bit foodie. Very balanced, very lovely, totally wearable for a night out. A bit too heavy for morning for me, though.

• 6 months later...

5 bottles left on Etsy. I still adore this one and it covers whatever Pheromas pheros I throw at it. I think it goes well with sociasl as well as LFM, LFN, or even towards the Dominance spectrum.

This one was a really unusual scent to me. I kept going back and forth between loving it and not loving it. On the good times, it reminded me of serious ritual incense smoke sweetened with honey. I think for me, it just took a rare mood for me to feel I was in tune with RR. It's a unique beauty for sure!