Skool's Out!

luna65

AD-SkoolsOut-LovePotion-sm.jpg?v=7516fd4

Skool's Out!

You lose HOW MUCH percentage of your learning over the summer? When the last bell rings...run for it! Two months of freedom...and that's two months of mischief, adventure, and just plain old goofing around. So for a scent memory of those sunny wild times at the beach, or a sassy accompaniment to this year's summertime experiences, here's the scent of young lust and a different kind of education: sugary bubblegum and cherry tobacco with a glistening sheen of classic pineapple/coconut suntan oil and a drop of sweet sandalwood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love these kinds of ideas...when I wrote the description I was thinking of the movement from innocence towards corruption, heh. But my mind works that way, after all.

Really it's not as serious as all that, this is a fun summer scent but it's a bit unusual. It starts out very sunny and bright with the sugary notes chiming on top, and then settles down into its discrete layers: bubblegum on top, pina colada suntan oil in the middle, cherry tobacco on the bottom. For me, the sweet aspects eventually burn off until what I end up with is coconut made darker by the tobacco, which I find sniffably addictive. It's sexy and I think it's suitably unisex, but granted it's only one part of the experience and I don't know that most guys would go through the hours of sweetness just to get to the end result.

I liken it to a trip to the beach where you start out just meaning to work on your tan and end up making out with a bad boy by sunset. :666:

I liken it to a trip to the beach where you start out just meaning to work on your tan and end up making out with a bad boy by sunset. :)

Perfect, luna!!! I was surprised by how grown up this scent really is. As it dried down, it just got more and more *interesting!* Didn't expect that, but probably should have. I LOVE THIS. :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I reeeeally wanted this to work because it sounded like such a fun scent, and it smelled so promising wet--like bubblegum and fruity sunblock and a hint of something smoky and mysterious--but there is just something really odd about it on my skin chemistry in the final drydown. I can't really put my finger on it; might be what my skin does to pineapple and tobacco together, and I have to be careful with pineapple notes as a rule. Sad.

• 1 year later...

Got this one as a sampler and decided to try it on today. Not what I expected AT ALL. I was thinking that I'd get sugary lightness and fluff, but I'm smelling more smoldering tropical lushness. Very grown up, very dancing-to-bongo-drum-beats. On my skin, I definitely get the coconut, and possibly the sandalwood. I agree that this seems rather unisex; would love to smell this on a guy, as I'm finding it verrrrry sexy. Rawr.

• 2 years later...

What an interesting scent this is! When I first put it on it seemed to throw out two separate scent tendrils- one fruity, sweet and summery, and the other a vaguely amber-like, slightly honey-ish smoky blurred scent that is intriguingly hard to define. The two sides of this scent seemed like distinct personalities, each with a mind of their own. They don't clash at all, they just both dance around each other like two people moving closely together yet dancing alone to the music in their heads.

As it mellows, the fruity-ness fades and the deeper smoky amber scent softens to a pleasant haunting whisper of slightly debauched pleasure lying close against the skin.