Mamelons de Cerise

luna65

AD-MamelonCerise-LovePotion-sm.jpg

Mamelons de Cerise

(The name means "Cherry Nipples!") A woman who is known for her voluptuous beauty might be referred to as an houri, those mythical wide-eyed creatures of ecstatic reward to honorable men. In order to enhance their allure they were known to rouge their nipples for further enticement. Such legends inspired a few things...such as the dessert known as "Nipples of Venus," and this scent: a deeply sensuous fruit-forward blend. Perfect for warm weather, it wears like a sheer veil, caressing and melding with your skin for hours on end. A trio of luscious red fruits – pomegranate, cassis and cherry – drip onto a base of misty musky white amber with a tangy whisper of lemony verbena And even if you aren't inclined to make such a sacrifice for the sake of beauty...you can at least smell like you might!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
CASSIS ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy, protection, health.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wouldn't speak of myself as a total fruit fanatic, but I do have to say I've grown to love fruit blends all the more since finding LPMP. The sources Mara utilizes are so great, there's nothing which really goes fake or flat or loud (although some of them might be strong). When I read Mara's notes for this one I was very excited because I do love cherry, I love it in b&b and fragrance. It's just one of those notes which makes me happy but it's also one of the most difficult to get right, as we all know.

So this is...bear with me now, it may sound kind of strange, but...Grown-Up Cherry Popsicle (think granita rather than plain old cherry ice). And I LOVE IT!

I can totally imagine myself wearing this all summer, it's just got such a wonderful sheer sweet almost cool quality to it. The red fruits are mouthwateringly tangy but rendered through this lovely soft gauzy veil of white amber and musk with just the slightest Zing! of the lemon verbena. It's fruity but it's Grown-Up Lady fruity yet at the same time it's fun and cute but not cutesy, if that makes sense. There's a sophistication to it, but on the lighter side.

And now if you'll excuse me I'm just going to sit here with my nose glued to my wrist. *snort*

What's this like in comparison to Girly Twirly??? :):):)

before I get a sample, is it Cherry pie-ish ? I'd do cherry pie-ish !

As Luna said, this is sophisticated & more grown up. I was afraid it would be 16 yr old chewing cherry gum, but I guess the amber lends a grown up quality to it. It is light & sheer, but not non-existent. It is also lighthearted, but no immature. This one would be great for dinner on the outside deck by the water watching the sun set.

Another one of my faves. I ADORE this one. I didn't want to review... because I want want want.

This is Girly Twirly's more experienced sister that wears silk lingerie to bed and wakes up and asks for a mimosa from her butler who wears ass chaps and a bow tie, because that is the required uniform from all the tanned imports in the House of Gastelum. Something like that.

This is Girly Twirly's more experienced sister that wears silk lingerie to bed ...

OOH LALA :D Sexy SEXY!!!! :D:D:D

Ladies, would you please stop making every single one of this month's releases sound absolutely fantastic - even the ones I wasn't initially considering?

Thank you in advance.

Signed, my bank account.

Ladies, would you please stop making every single one of this month's releases sound absolutely fantastic - even the ones I wasn't initially considering?

HHAHHA... :P Couldn't agree more!!!! Sounds like this is the most amazing month EVER where every single perfume deserves full bottle purchase!!! XD

Another one of my faves. I ADORE this one. I didn't want to review... because I want want want.

This is Girly Twirly's more experienced sister that wears silk lingerie to bed and wakes up and asks for a mimosa from her butler who wears ass chaps and a bow tie, because that is the required uniform from all the tanned imports in the House of Gastelum. Something like that.

Oh boy! I'm really tempted now since I don't intend to get Girly Twirly.

*tackles Mara and takes one bottle, then runs away*

*Jumps out from the corner and snatches Luna's bottle, so she has to go back for more* <giggle>

Seriously, I DO love this one......it is cherry, but NOT cherry....ok, I know that doesn't make sense.....BUT, that is really the only way I can describe it! I really REALLY want a bottle of this.....IF I can find that damn wallet!!

Edited by Dolly

Oh now you know she's on guard for more mugging! :)

This calls for... :P !

Uhoh, it's the perfume ninja!

LOLOLOLOL

It's pomegranate and cassis berry balanced with the cherry - that's why it doesn't come off as CHERRY, but it's nice and tart, and also smooth and silky. I lub it.

Catherine (who's job it is to bottle the scents these days) also said that this is her favorite month for as long as she's worked here regularly. Says she loves every one of them, and was impressed how our blends gently glide from season to season. She loves the spring into summer feeling of these. Which is very nice coming from Miss Catherine, because she has worked with me on and off since the very beginning of this company going back to the mid 1980's.

:P

Okay, first things first. LadyVictoria? ..."This is Girly Twirly's more experienced sister that wears silk lingerie to bed and wakes up and asks for a mimosa from her butler who wears ass chaps and a bow tie, because that is the required uniform from all the tanned imports in the House of Gastelum...." OMG I'm still trying to breathe!!! :)

*gasp* Ommmmmmmmm.....K. That's better. *snort*

Now. What all y'all said. I've only given this one decent road test, and I liked it. It *is* sophisticated, and light, and refreshing. Not all ***ACK! CHERRY!!!***. Well balanced and cool and comfy. I still need to wear it more to give it the attention it deserves.

And Mara, is the aforementioned Catherine the "Catie Scarlet" of song and story? Um, I mean, *perfume*...?

Edited by ElizabethOSP

well my first reaction is BAM! CHERRIES! but as it is drying down the cherry is melding with the other ingredients. my only thought is Damn i smell good! i cant stop sniffing this part of my arm! now it is becoming very girly and sweet, but grown up. i think this one is full bottle worthy!

Okay that is one of the best review ever! LOL Now I want!!!

I ripped open my package today - THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY MARA!!!! - and tried this one first, and cursed loudly and violently. This is sexy as hayull. Freaking genius combo of amber and cherry. I like real cherries all right but have always, even as a kid, hated cherry flavored anything, including scents, til experiencing LP's. July girl's cherry pepper, special delivery and now this. Luna nailed it: sexy cherry popsicle. That translucency, but with a warm inviting sexy softness. It's a f****** KNOCKOUT. I plan to pair this with my Lace and Ss4w betas.

Edited by tyvey

Okay, deal sealed! This is on my to-order list.

I think the only cherry scented fragrance havefrom LP is Shelly's PE. Interesting scent but the cherry is slightly too strong for me.

The cherry in this isn't a blasting FAKE CHERRY like a candy or anything. I think the sourer bite of the cassis and pomegranate keep it from being that way. As it dries down, the amber gives it a chewy, taffy-like "texture" which makes it not as "young" or "girlish" as it might sound. It's kind of like cops and robbers in that you don't see how it could feel like a "legitimate" perfume rather than a "fun novelty", until you try it.

Edited by tyvey

I am loving this, looks like I'll be having to crack out all my :) 's to get my mitts on a bottle of this. For me, while wet the strongest scents are cherry and casis - uber juicy fruit heaven. As it drys I quickly get verbena, which gives it a fresh spritely edge, shortly followed by soft musk and amber giving this an altogether sophisticated cherry granita scent.

In short Mara - I luvs you! :)

:yeahthat: YES Ellie! That lemon verbena really adds another angle for me on this scent. I was just saying this over on the Potion of the Day thread: "And, today I'm wearing Mamelons de Cerise. Again. This scent delights and perplexes me. I love the smell...then I totally forget I'm wearing it...but in the mean time, I notice folks around me responding almost as if I'm wearing a happy-phero."

Mamelons de Cerise is turning into a sleeper favorite for me. It's so intriguing--and also unexpected in that aspect--that I keep coming back to it and trying it in different situations. I'm thinking I'm going to end up having to get more. B)

Ok. I don't like reviewing scents that I don't like. But Mara said to do it and she seems to be running the show around here.

I was soooo looking forward to this but it soooo didn't work on me. Of course I loved it at first because I LOVE cherry!!!!! Then it turned evil. And it was a very familiar evil so I did a little research...(yeah I don't have to be at work until 11:00 today...lots of time). It was the same piercing smell that I didn't like in Egg 2011, Scented Cougar, Lady Frost and Adriennes Tangy Ylang. When comparing these five scents I came up with two possible culprits. White Musk and White Amber. They all contain both except for Lady Frost only contains White Amber. So. Do I stay away from both in the future? I don't know. All I know is it completely overtook the cherry in this on me.

I would like to try something with just White Musk in it to see if I am ok with just that so I can blame it on the White Amber because I see that Tyvey is considering a Mango, Marshmallow, White Musk PE.

If anyone knows which (or both) is causing that piercing smell in these scents please enlighten me!

Wow thats a pretty unusual result... Hard to imagine either of those going PIERCING....:/

How I wish I could think of a better way to describe it but "piercing" is what comes to mind when i have tried these scents. And it is at the end, like I love the candy grapefruit sweetness of scented Cougar and then "POW!" piercing!

Actually, I do get what Cherie means by piercing. (And yes, you are perfectly welcome to post a less than glowing review - I expect and respect honesty. THANK YOU for the review!)

I think it is musk that you perceive that way - to me, it can be very soapy and "sharp", and that's why I tend to use the "white" varieties which are softer and smoother, but apparently you can't really handle even the light versions.

Also, (and this is a guess, but I have a pretty good nose) I do believe that what is known as "white amber" in the perfume biz is in fact amber with a little musk added, and what is known as "white musk" is musk with a little amber added. So, I think they both have musk in them, but in different measure.

Have you had the same problems with the more animalic musks, like in Sexology? Or is it just the "powdery" type musks that bug you?

Ok. I don't like reviewing scents that I don't like. But Mara said to do it and she seems to be running the show around here.

I was soooo looking forward to this but it soooo didn't work on me. Of course I loved it at first because I LOVE cherry!!!!! Then it turned evil. And it was a very familiar evil so I did a little research...(yeah I don't have to be at work until 11:00 today...lots of time). It was the same piercing smell that I didn't like in Egg 2011, Scented Cougar, Lady Frost and Adriennes Tangy Ylang. When comparing these five scents I came up with two possible culprits. White Musk and White Amber. They all contain both except for Lady Frost only contains White Amber. So. Do I stay away from both in the future? I don't know. All I know is it completely overtook the cherry in this on me.

I would like to try something with just White Musk in it to see if I am ok with just that so I can blame it on the White Amber because I see that Tyvey is considering a Mango, Marshmallow, White Musk PE.

If anyone knows which (or both) is causing that piercing smell in these scents please enlighten me!

I think it's the the white amber and white musk that you don't like. Funny because that is exactly what I love about all 3 of the ones you mentioned! I think it depends on the combination with the scents, I wouldn't rule out any scents containing these in the future. I thought I hated brown sugar and maple, Sexology makes me gag, as does Prince and the Showgirl, but I love LP Black. I was going to stay away from MRF because it has brown sugar and maple, but I thought why not, it might be different, so I ordered a sample from the posts and OMG I LOVE IT.

It also depends on your time of the month etc.

Just curious, do you like Halo's Angelique? I don't like several in the list you shared but to me it's something about the fruits that are piercing, in egg it almost smells pink same as in tangy ylang and cougar just smells a bit piercing and off to me. My Angelique has a wonderful white musk in it. Just wondering if it's the combo of amber and fruit or musk and fruit that puts you off. I think that may be it for me. In non fruit scents I love all white amber and white musk. White musk is probably one of my favorite components of all time. Thanks for breaking it down like you did.

Actually, I do get what Cherie means by piercing. (And yes, you are perfectly welcome to post a less than glowing review - I expect and respect honesty. THANK YOU for the review!)

I think it is musk that you perceive that way - to me, it can be very soapy and "sharp", and that's why I tend to use the "white" varieties which are softer and smoother, but apparently you can't really handle even the light versions.

Also, (and this is a guess, but I have a pretty good nose) I do believe that what is known as "white amber" in the perfume biz is in fact amber with a little musk added, and what is known as "white musk" is musk with a little amber added. So, I think they both have musk in them, but in different measure.

Have you had the same problems with the more animalic musks, like in Sexology? Or is it just the "powdery" type musks that bug you?

I think it's got to be musk then!!! (I think you used a better word "sharp" rather than "piercing"!) I do not like Sexology at all, it must be the musk combo that gives it that "dirty honey scent" that I don't really like. I know I like regular amber because it is in A LOT of my favorite scents.

Halo..I have not tried Angelique because I thought it was a sold out PE but I searched and see that I can get a sample so I will try that. I am very curious to see what I think of that one. I did find out that The Masked Man contains White Amber and I LOVE that one TO DEATH, so maybe it is a fruit combo like you mentioned? I never considered that. Also Saint and Sinner has White Musk and White Amber and I don't remember that one piercing. Gave the sample to my mother so I can't retry it.

LV...No, I won't rule anything out, I'll just keep trying samples because I would hate to miss out on anything because I judged the ingredients...I've almost done that too!

My mother LOVES all the ones I mentioned so unfortunately every time we are lunching together I am sitting across from her getting PIERCED by her perfume...but I am so happy she is trying new perfumes that of course I tell her she smells lovely because I know to other people she does.

Thank you for the help everyone!!!

I think it's got to be musk then!!! (I think you used a better word "sharp" rather than "piercing"!) I do not like Sexology at all, it must be the musk combo that gives it that "dirty honey scent" that I don't really like. I know I like regular amber because it is in A LOT of my favorite scents.

Halo..I have not tried Angelique because I thought it was a sold out PE but I searched and see that I can get a sample so I will try that. I am very curious to see what I think of that one. I did find out that The Masked Man contains White Amber and I LOVE that one TO DEATH, so maybe it is a fruit combo like you mentioned? I never considered that. Also Saint and Sinner has White Musk and White Amber and I don't remember that one piercing. Gave the sample to my mother so I can't retry it.

LV...No, I won't rule anything out, I'll just keep trying samples because I would hate to miss out on anything because I judged the ingredients...I've almost done that too!

My mother LOVES all the ones I mentioned so unfortunately every time we are lunching together I am sitting across from her getting PIERCED by her perfume...but I am so happy she is trying new perfumes that of course I tell her she smells lovely because I know to other people she does.

Thank you for the help everyone!!!

I know exactly the smell you are talking about and it's both sharp and piercing to me as well. I totally get it

As it dries down, the amber gives it a chewy, taffy-like "texture" which makes it not as "young" or "girlish" as it might sound.

Isn't it interesting how amber can have that quality? That's what I love about Sugared Babe; I don't notice it so much in this one but I get what you mean.

White musk definitely has that effect for me in some blends. Not all varieties but it is one of the scents which can give me a migraine if it's a certain kind.