Love Potion: Homme

luna65

gallery photo

Guys, you've been asking for this for a long time. Your voices have been heard and the result is Love Potion: Homme. This blend serves as our Summer Solstice 2011 Varietal Edition, and is comprised of our classic Love Potion base of deep and luscious Vanilla, Amber, Patchouli and a bright spark of Apricot. But because we appreciate the dark mystery about you, we've incorporated Mahogany, Vetiver, Sandalwood and a touch of Black Coffee. This combination of ingredients is wildly sexy, yet designed to ground you and give you clarity, focus and determination to aid in business, along with an element of luck and an air of exotic sensuality. With Love Potion: Homme, you're the master of your fate, the captain of your own ship. The power is yours. Reach out and take it.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.

Oooh I was so excited, I dabbed this on almost as soon as I opened the package!

Upon application it kinda does the same "coffee amber" thing I've experienced before, like with Sungold Mocha. But guys - although it might strike you as sweet when you first put it on - let it dry down because the coffee and woods will emerge out from behind the base. Oh so good, seriously droolworthy, girls will go crazy and want to snort your skin like a controlled substance...*purr* But yeah, other guys might be all, "Uh...why do you smell like a Starbucks, dude?" To which you reply with some pithy response regarding how it gets you laid, or whatever, because I know that will go unchallenged (except perhaps with undisguised envy).

Ladies: a darker side of the LP base but not as sweet as Black, for example. Yet not so entirely masculine that you couldn't enjoy it too (especially if you like wearing boysmell). The apricot is sort of a bright sweet twinkle on top but I wouldn't say it's as prevalent as it is in other variants, especially as it morphs and recedes into the background.

*edit*

The sandalwood really comes out in the end for me, not too sharp (thankfully).

This one definitely puts the love in love potion, yeah baby! :) So get with the program, fellas, and join us in our LP variant obsession!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one definitely puts the love in love potion, yeah baby! :idea: So get with the program, fellas, and join us in our LP variant obsession!

Well, if you like it, I suppose I must at least get a trial vial. :thumbup:

Yeah, I liked La Vie Boheme even though I thought it would be weird to smell like coffee.

Coffee is in a lot of commercial fragrances, like Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe (unisex, delicious in original and dupe form), Thierry Mugler A-men and Bond No 9 New Haarlem (unisex, coffee and incense).

I will update with a review when I have tried my sample of LP Homme. I'll bet it will get even better as it ages.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Coffee is in a lot of commercial fragrances, like Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe (unisex, delicious in original and dupe form), Thierry Mugler A-men and Bond No 9 New Haarlem (unisex, coffee and incense).

I will update with a review when I have tried my sample of LP Homme. I'll bet it will get even better as it ages.

Girlie knows her 'fumes! I was going to mention Jo Malone's - I *love* BVC!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh My Glob (dang it, Lor, this phrase will not leave my vocab. now...)!

This. Is. Dead SEXY! So far I've smelled it in vial, but I was totally DIHL'd. I caught myself sniffing vial & vacant't staring @ wall. If a man had this on, I would be under his spell. I was going to give this to TT thinking it might sweeten his disposition, but I may give it to one of my single guy friends, so they can find Mz. Right. It's distinctly a Love Potion, but on steroids (hahaha).

This is absolutely gorgeous - "feels" like my great love Snowbound, or North Pole - wide deep warm and snuggly - gives me the same tummy feeling as Shelly's Winter Sweater; this kind of feeling:

snoopy%20woodstock%20hug.jpg

So far it is juuuust one degree too masculine for me to be that interested in wearing it myself, but I literally cannot imagine any "kind" of man on who this wouldn't be delicious, congruent, and pounce-inducing.

This. Is. Dead SEXY! ... It's distinctly a Love Potion, but on steroids (hahaha).

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and amen to that! :)

I have yet to really review this one, I put it on DH before work when I got it and fell asleep that night before he got home... BUT this did what several other LPs do on him, where well into the next day I smell it on his skin, not exactly the fragrance itself (tho I have learned to differentiate) but like an LP scent stamp of resiny sexilicious NOM... :J001:

Today is the first day he's worn it since, but I left for work first and must wait impatiently to love-huff on him for a few more hours, then a literally 'noted' review can follow. For now though, I can certainly say that I am loving it's magickal deliciousness for sure.

Here's my question for PM & crew, to which the right answer is obvious :lol: : Is Homme entering the permanent lineup... not needing to mention of course that it is only the fair and honorable thing to do for our Loving menfolk?

TT & I are getting along....so applied a teensy bit to his neck & wrists. He doesn't apply oils of his own accord, but he should, because his body heat radiates the scent out to a nice throw with a minimal amount of oil applied. The coffee & sandalwood dominate on him, finishing up to a nice sweetened sandalwood. It makes sniffing him addictive.

Ok, I've had this since last Friday, but I am currently having computer problems and have to use the business center in my apartment complex's leasing office. :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

Anyways, when I first put this on, the coffee and amber are most prominent, making me think that it is going be a deep, dark scent like Mark's Girl Nip, but that changes on drydown. That's when the slight tang of apricot brightens it a bit and those 3 notes dance around each other for most of the day until I start to get a whiff of the vanilla. Overall, I like it a lot and found myself huffing my wrists and acting a little, what's a manly word for demure? :party:

• 1 month later...

So I dabbed this on my delicious Quince and requested of the Universe that he not find it "Too sweet!" or picked up on the coffee accord. And the coffee amber thing that I love on me sort of translated into a more "dirty" kind of vibe, amplifying the warmth of his skin...mmm. It turned just a bit sweet but still with that warm woodsy vibe. It sort of reminded me of how Bad Boy smells on him in regards to the vanilla.

So I dabbed this on my delicious Quince and requested of the Universe that he not find it "Too sweet!" or picked up on the coffee accord. And the coffee amber thing that I love on me sort of translated into a more "dirty" kind of vibe, amplifying the warmth of his skin...mmm. It turned just a bit sweet but still with that warm woodsy vibe. It sort of reminded me of how Bad Boy smells on him in regards to the vanilla.

...and he thought?

Whoopsie! I haz a tired brain you see.

When he sniffed it on the wand he made a think-y face and then said, "Mannish bakery?" and I cracked up. I guess he associates the sweet/coffee smell with that more than say, a coffeehouse. But he didn't object, although I kept it just on the back of his neck in case he would have, because I wanted to know how it was going to evolve.

Whoopsie! I haz a tired brain you see.

When he sniffed it on the wand he made a think-y face and then said, "Mannish bakery?" and I cracked up. I guess he associates the sweet/coffee smell with that more than say, a coffeehouse. But he didn't object, although I kept it just on the back of his neck in case he would have, because I wanted to know how it was going to evolve.

lolz... that's just... yeah.

Mannish Bakery - I think it should be on a list of Mara's 'to do' names!

• 1 month later...

My skin is amping the Apricot!!!! That's the only thing i can smell!!! WHEREZ DA COFFEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! >.<

I do enjoy the smokeyness of Apricot tho :lol: It's really addictive! :^^: May be it will be different in a few weeks time :):):)

• 1 month later...

K, so, *squee*!!!! My (now) 13 yr.old has a school dance & wants to ask a girl. He's afraid of getting rejected. I explained to him that men, more so than women, must risk rejection in the dating field to be successful. Anywho, I'm going to relinquish a teensy bit of my cherished LP Homme sample to him on the day he plans to ask her & if it works for him, I'll get him a full bottle for Christmas ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm liking the trial vial of LP Homme, so if I order a full-sized version:

Spray, or Oil?

Your thoughts?

• 3 months later...

I think I drooled when I smelled this in the vial. I got BF to try it, but he thought it smelled 'too girly' on him, and no matter how I insisted that it smelled anything but girly to me, he would not budge, and has since commandeered my Pandamaniac.

I actually gave the trial vial to my Dad, who never wears cologne of any kind, and he was tickled that I thought of him. He also really loves the scent, so win-win. Someone gets to wear it. I also gave him my sample of LP Winter Variant, which he thought was pretty cool, too.

Now that I've given my LP Homme sample away, however, I think someday I might order a bottle for myself, just so I can enjoy it. It smells delicious on me, and well, the BF thinks it smells girly anyway, so I might as well go with it, even though this does not smell girly to me in the least. It's pretty yum-a-liscious.

Ooh! I've got an old hippie dad, too. Now he's an uptight ex-hippie! :D I'll probably keep forwarding the scents BF doesn't like to Dad. He was pretty tickled that I thought to give him the 2 I gave him last night. Good idea for Christmas & birthday presents. He'd get a kickout of the labels, too.

I haven't tried Lavender Musk yet. I want to try that and Angelique, too. ;) They both sound yummy.

• 3 months later...

This scent is amazing.Dont let what you smell out of the bottle fool you.The coffee scent you smell is well balanced on the skin.This is an extremely complex and unique scent with a very addicitve quality on it.Think once a person has smelt it,they will want to smell it again and again and again,lol (>_<) I was suprised that the coffee scent isnt actually that strong on the skin like how it is in the bottle.Shows you should never judge a scent by its bottle(:-p)It is mildly sweet but it merges well and fits well with the scent.You wont really notice it even if you dont really like sweet scents.Reckon it has a very good drawing power and would have people sniffing around to find you at its source.It seems to have good transferance abilty too,you can actually transfer the scent by touching and probably drive the other person crazy with it(:-p)It doest start off a little strong smelling when it starts off but quickly dries down to just the right strength.Overall,its very nice and i could see it being used in many different situations.Its also one of my favorites now(^_^)

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I forgot to post this! A while ago I gave my Dad my sample of LP Homme. I wasn't entirely sure he would wear it, but I thought he'd get a kick out if it. And then yesterday, while I visited with Mom & Dad, I whipped out some samples for Mom to have a sniff of, and Dad piped up to say: "I've been wearing mine, you know - the one you gave me."

And my mom laughed and said, "No wonder that lady kept telling you that you smell good yesterday!" :) I guess the server at their regular restaurant commented a couple of times, but Mom couldn't smell it, and Dad forgot he was wearing it! :lol: Anyway, it's a win!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I forgot to post this! A while ago I gave my Dad my sample of LP Homme. I wasn't entirely sure he would wear it, but I thought he'd get a kick out if it. And then yesterday, while I visited with Mom & Dad, I whipped out some samples for Mom to have a sniff of, and Dad piped up to say: "I've been wearing mine, you know - the one you gave me."

And my mom laughed and said, "No wonder that lady kept telling you that you smell good yesterday!" :) I guess the server at their regular restaurant commented a couple of times, but Mom couldn't smell it, and Dad forgot he was wearing it! :lol: Anyway, it's a win!

Thats a great story.Definitely see LP Homme as a great scent for collecting compliments with(^_^)

• 2 months later...

I have a 10 year old kid sister that I watch over sometimes. She commented on it as we were finishing up on her homework. Tells me how she hates the taste of coffee but she loves the way it smells and how great it smells on me. This is what I feared. I am so conflicted with the many choices I have here. So far, so good here.!

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I was so excited, I dabbed this on almost as soon as I opened the package!

Upon application it kinda does the same "coffee amber" thing I've experienced before, like with Sungold Mocha. But guys - although it might strike you as sweet when you first put it on - let it dry down because the coffee and woods will emerge out from behind the base. Oh so good, seriously droolworthy, girls will go crazy and want to snort your skin like a controlled substance...*purr* But yeah, other guys might be all, "Uh...why do you smell like a Starbucks, dude?" To which you reply with some pithy response regarding how it gets you laid, or whatever, because I know that will go unchallenged (except perhaps with undisguised envy).

I wasn't really impressed by the overly sweet smell upon application, but you are absolutely right - It dries down into something AMAZING that I certainly wasn't expecting. Top notch stuff.

Ugh! I wish like hell my boyfriend had liked this. I love LP Homme. He thought it was too sweet, too, so I gave it to my dad who's been getting some wear out of it.

I keep thinking I might buy myself a bottle. It smells sooooooo good. :)

Even after it dried down? You should have him put some on, like, his knee or some place further away from his nose and then have him smell it after about three hours or so.

I'll be sure to try that if I ever get a bottle for myself before the well runs dry. Aside from Attacked in the Stacks, this is my favourite men's LP. It's so sexy. And on me it felt very comforting - like something I'd wear at home, when the cold weather hits & I want to ignore the drafts and pretend I'm warm. Lol! I just love this scent so much! I'd imagine that if there were a bottle hanging around, he'd use it. He's made such a habit of messing up my LP box, looking for the "boy scents" that I started another box, just for him. I could probably just slip it in there, & he'd never even realize it. Heh heh... ;)

I'll be sure to try that if I ever get a bottle for myself before the well runs dry. Aside from Attacked in the Stacks, this is my favourite men's LP. It's so sexy. And on me it felt very comforting - like something I'd wear at home, when the cold weather hits & I want to ignore the drafts and pretend I'm warm. Lol! I just love this scent so much! I'd imagine that if there were a bottle hanging around, he'd use it. He's made such a habit of messing up my LP box, looking for the "boy scents" that I started another box, just for him. I could probably just slip it in there, & he'd never even realize it. Heh heh... ;)

I would love for Attacked in the Stacks to make a come back...*sigh*

Where do I go to beg and plead?

Or just email Mara and see if she can rebrew it for you since it was a PE to begin with, so it would be the same for you. She might still have the recipe.

Or just email Mara and see if she can rebrew it for you since it was a PE to begin with, so it would be the same for you. She might still have the recipe.

Really? Why doesn't everyone do that then?

Would it be regular price you think?

Well in the case of a PE, anybody can! It's just in regards to catalog scents that people can request a rebrew here on the forum, but it may not be possible to recreate a scent for various reasons, or Mara just may choose not to (as the owner she has first right of refusal, after all).

To order a PE it's $29.95 for one bottle, $24.95 for two or more.