Limelight

goddesslynne

Brightest lime, spicy young green peppercorns and a touch of ginger, sweetened with brown sugar and a splash of berry juice, over a creamy middle of rose and violet infused French vanilla and coconut milk, on a resinous base of ambergris, patchouli, musk and labdanum.

This is a surprise favorite of mine!! It's so well blended that no one note jumps out. The vanilla and coconut milk make it creamy, and every so often a bit of the ginger comes out to tickle my nose. The fruits and flowers are subtle and seamless, and the resins add weight and depth. It's sweetness is very close to the skin.

I couldn't have predicted how sexy this is by reading the notes!!

Brightest lime, spicy young green peppercorns and a touch of ginger, sweetened with brown sugar and a splash of berry juice, over a creamy middle of rose and violet infused French vanilla and coconut milk, on a resinous base of ambergris, patchouli, musk and labdanum.

This is a surprise favorite of mine!! It's so well blended that no one note jumps out. The vanilla and coconut milk make it creamy, and every so often a bit of the ginger comes out to tickle my nose. The fruits and flowers are subtle and seamless, and the resins add weight and depth. It's sweetness is very close to the skin.

I couldn't have predicted how sexy this is by reading the notes!!

See the lime and peppercorns scared me away from this one (although I'm thinking...wth is a peppercorn :abfx: ) I may just have to order a sample of this with my next order.

I loved this at every stage. The lime is very bright on me at first, almost to the point of overwhelming. (But I love lime, so I didn't mind.) Then as it dried, everything melded nicely with just the faintest hint of coconut, not suntan lotiony at all. I like this one a lot!!

This is a very pretty scent. It reminds me of something but I can't think of what it is! I'm gonna go look at the perfumerie page and see if I can find what I'm thinking of.

Ok I know now, it smells like Ravished!

Edited by bruiseviolet

It's so well blended that no one note jumps out.

True dat! This reminds me of Garden of Mystery in regards to its complexity, which gives it a perfume-y aura. The lime sort of floats on top of everything else but otherwise this is a very deep spicy floral-y blend, the milky and resinous notes making it very rich and smooth on the bottom. It's very sophisticated for those who prefer that type of vibe.

I was not expecting to like this one because of the lime and peppercorn. I reserve those two things for beer and hamburgers, however, I really like this one! It's very bright and sparkly! Like a pale green version of Sparkle Fuschia- Oh I know! If Sparkle Fuschia where a city- then it would be LA, Hollywood ~ Limelight is Manhattan- Upper East Side. Maybe the Hamptons during the summer.

On me it's very bright and soft. I get the lime, berries( raspberry ) and maybe some coconut cream or marshmallow-, then it fades.. I want it to stay longer. I really like this for summer evenings when you don't want to wear a heavy scent because it's hot outside. This is that scent. Light, very pretty, and sexy in a soft demure, look over the shoulder coquettish type of way.

A very pretty fruity lime scent. It's quite strong (in a good way). I've put a very small droplet on my arm and I can't stop sniffing my arm. I get some ginger, not much brown sugar, none of the notes are too prominent. Perfect mix. I think I need a full bottle

I love the Rush song "Living in the Limelight" and actually saw them live a couple months ago but I digress. This is an interesting one; I get a burst of lime wet but soon the resinous, musky and sugary notes start to emerge and give it a thicker base to ground it. There are hints of the florals and berries flitting in and out of the background but they don't make for any major clashes. I'm not sure if it's bottleworthy yet, but I'll be keeping my sample.

• 3 months later...

This one is so very sexy, it screams "look at me" just like intended. It's loud and bright from the limes with an EDGE from the peppercorn. I am in lust with this one in the vial, love at first sniff, I wanted every bottle ever made but unfortunately during dry down my skin amps the peppercorns. It's still wearable, it just loses the bright, fun loving, sexy twist. I know that with time, this may change though so I am definitely not giving up on this one.

• 3 months later...

Wow, there's a lot of notes listed for this one. When I first put it on my skin, I was in love. That lime note is just awesome!! It was citrusy and light... I thought for sure it was going to be a new fave (new for me, anyway) However, I must have forgotten that citrus notes fade pretty fast :( The scent left after the lime is gone, is nice... but not "me". Too dry, resinous...

• 2 months later...

I absolutely love this. It reminds me of a creamy linden blossom concotion (linden being one of my very favorite EO's of ALL time). So it's a straight up winner for me and I want to buy all the bottles! I don't get the peppercorns or anything sharp. It's just smooth linden-y gorgeousness with perfect creaminess underneath.

• 1 year later...

I have been up since 1am in part because I think I'm catching a cold and couldn't sleep. So, because I HAVE to go to work, I decided to use something peppy. It's 5:35 am and I love how this is making me feel. It's a creamy citrus. Light and lovely with just a dash of spice. I will be enjoying this scent as an alternative to my obsession with Cougar. :D Plus, the Popularity phero (think that's the one) in it makes me feel less groggy, more uplifted and ready for the day. We'll see how this does at work but at least for me, considering I feel like poo today, this actually makes me feel a little better and less focused on my cold. I haven't used Popularity before and I don't know if today will be the best day to try it out but we'll see if it has any effects on others!

Stormy, I still have a 3/4 full bottle. I do think this ages well, when I first got my bottles in the mail I put this on ASAP and I was like " oh damn" but later applications were great. I think the lime is sensitive to shipping. it really grew on me and like you I like the energy. I have Celebutaunt and that has the same vibe to it, but it's more, creamy in a way ( there's no cream in it). You should trial it. As a distant relation LP Gold has a shine/glow to it. But a more sensual finish and more intimate vibe. Sometimes I'll look at all three and it takes some time to choose. ;)

I have Celebutaunt and that has the same vibe to it, but it's more, creamy in a way ( there's no cream in it).

The coconut and shea oil give that aura.

Thats it Luna! I almost said cocoa butter ( which is in LP Gold) but knew that wasn't it. It gives that same warm sunshine glow.

Edited by StacyK

Well, I made it through the day. I didn't feel all "popular" per se but I also was kind of avoiding everyone since I don't feel good. If I have to scan records all day in mostly isolation, this was probably the best time for it. However, when I stopped to go get something to eat, all of the leaders of the training department happened to be there and they were all very chatty with me and bought me my lunch!! Can't say that's a Popularity hit 100% because they are just a really nice bunch of men but it could have been and aside from the fact that I was feeling snotty (literally), it made me smile. :)

Stacy, I actually do have a sample of Celebutante!! I was hoping to expand my citrus obsession and got that one and Tangy Tart. I ended up like Celebutante the best and it's probably for the same reasons you and Luna mention. There's a creamy sunny glow to that one. Haven't decided yet if it's FB worthy but I'm going to do some more testing.

.. ah so many LPs so little time ;)

Pop potion leaves me a little flat but for those who like it I think Limelight would be a great paring. I also see it going really well with Open Windows.

Edited by StacyK

• 8 years later...