Sniffer's Violet Smoke

I get a lot of fruity violet at first, the marshmallow, amber and smoke come out a little bit later. I'm thinking this one might need some time to cure.

July 13 - I'm getting more amber and smoke with the violet.

Aug 1 - It's definitely getting richer and sweeter over time. Today I tried it blended with Perfect Pitch, delicious!

Edited by perfumesniffer

On me, this starts out all soft warm fuzzy choward's violet. As it dries it quickly sweetens up, though reading not as marshmallow but as powdered sugar - like a heavily sugar-dusted (not candied) violet. As the hours pass, the two notes meld and it becomes a light-purple, lightly violet-scented fresh homemade marshmallow -- the evocation was so strong it was like R2D2's Princess Leia hologram -- I could almost bite into it. Unnnnhhh nom. Hours later the violet was almost gone, just the faintest lacing on that same dense chewy marshmallow.

I never got any smoke but I bet that starts to bloom and show up as it ages.

I don't actually pick up any amber, but that must be what gives this a purring, languid kind of sexiness.

This is unusual, warm, comforting, good for evening or sleepytime-- really glad I jumped on a bottle unsniffed.

• 3 months later...

OMG this is sooo yummmm! I get a soft sugared violet with some marshmallow fluff!!! Oh WOW I am digging this one! Sometimes violet will get all cray cray on me and make me shriek but in this combo it's really soft and yummmers! I get no smoke which I like. It's all soft purple yummy marshmallow dream.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The violet on this is aging into a voluptuous knockout. Huge, intensely fruity, juicy, VERY sweet, NOT powdery or frumpy AT ALL. Not even that floral-feeling, really -- it's more like if there were a juicy, intensely aromatic tropical fruit and the scent happened to be violet-like. You know how fruits like persimmon and mango are ultra aromatic...like that.

The smoke is not detectable as itself- just gives the violet some grounding and dimension. I also get a lot less literal marshmallow today.