Candy Apple Cutie

luna65

This is the first time in nearly two years I've had the luxury of being surprised at new release time (tempus fugit when you're having fun [working for Da Mawa]) and I'll tell you right now I had major squee because Quince loves candied apple anything when it comes to smelly stuff. And boy is this the thing, I want to eat myself much less let the woobie have a nibble!

Total sugar rush of tooth-achingly sweet fruit - I get more tang than tart actually - with a decadent creamy-smooth base of the other sweet notes. And it stays almost entirely true throughout wear, from the vial to my skin and on through to drydown. It softens a bit but the candied apple aura is entirely consistent (and so very yummy). If you dig this sort of thing or your target is a gourmand lover, this is a totally sticky-sweet enticement...mmm NOM NOM NOM!

This is my favorite. It has to be. It smells sooo amazing. It's not a candy too sweety apple girly type of smell. it's like a soft baked caramel vanilla pie with ice cream on the side.. The apple and vanilla is baking on my skin and it smells so wonderful, I get whiffs of caramel floating up to my nose. I've been craving candied apples. They remind me of summer, and I was so excited when I saw this on the line up. It even smells like kettle corn a bit and I love kettle corn, or caramel popcorn apple balls.

Total WINNER. I need a bottle(s)

I know you are not supposed to eat it, but I really couldn't help myself. I did a test lick. It's not bad. It was a bit sharp but I did get a good bit of yumminess going in with a sharp soapy stab on my tongue, the smell wafted in to my mouth, so it was worth it.

OKay now I am obsessed with CAC. Like for real. What is in this stuff? Such a mood lifter. MY GOD. EATING IT ENHANCES ITS MAGICKAL PROPERTIES! I went downstairs to get a vending machine lunch- I know gross, and I was smiling like a lunatic at everyone. I didn't even get mad that the macrame trio of hags who were in my buffer zone. After leaving the area I felt like skipping and running, I felt like FUCKN MARY TYLER MOORE when she throws her hat to the wind... I'm not letting anyone buy this. This is all mine.

WOW this is some great stuff. I am completely impressed. Everything is so pretty right now.. and I smell GRREAT

rofl you gotta love a company that inspires such mad ecstatic reaction that constant corrective "DO NOT EAT" PSAs are necessary :666:

Right off, I thought how similar this felt to Mamelons de Cerise!!: a sheer, sexed-up sweeted-up red fruit. As it's drying, a layer of translucent gloppy caramel is coming out. Yeah, BABY.

rofl you gotta love a company that inspires such mad ecstatic reaction that constant corrective "DO NOT EAT" PSAs are necessary :666:

Oh sure, YOU say this, Ms. I-Want-To-Eat-All-LPMP-Products. :P

Edited by luna65

I've come a bit late to the LPMP party, and I've been buying bottles of stuff that has come "before my time" for the most part. But when I got my sample of this, I knew it was going to be a bottle purchase. I LOVE it!! I don't really get any of the lilikoi or yuzu (which I like) but the apple + caramel sugar + maple + vanilla is just amazing!

Hmm regretting decision to let bestie have this sample before testing...

Aww who am I kidding? If I would've smelled it 1st, I NEVER would've let it go.

This was my favorite of the month. I can't stop smelling myself. The apple is perfect; I don't feel like I'm part of an apple orchard. The sweetness of the caramel and maple smooth out the apple and enhance it. This blend is brilliant...Nom!

Ooooh...Thank you! Added to my sample list! Apple and pear are my favorites. Sometimes I get them mixed up. I thought Marigold and Amaranth was pear for the longest time!!!

You are quite right tho....pear and apple do have a certain quality in common!

Let me think of pears for you too, then...

(obviously) Three of Pairs

Unwrapped

Mistress Christmas

And just a dash....

Honey Ho

Butterfly Kisses

Love Salad

You are quite right tho....pear and apple do have a certain quality in common!

Let me think of pears for you too, then...

(obviously) Three of Pairs

Unwrapped

Mistress Christmas

And just a dash....

Honey Ho

Butterfly Kisses

Love Salad

UNWRAPPED IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVES!!!! I got it with cops (as per Lunas suggestion) and I think it is the sexiest sex scent!!! I loved Mistress Christmas in the body butter sample I got last year and for some reason didn't even think it was still available! That one just got bumped to the top of my list...

Thank you once again for helping me get rid of some more of that pesky money I have lying around! <_<

Love Salad?? Looking that one up right now...

eta: OMG!!! Just read about Love Salad. THAT sounds like ME!!!!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

This is one of those apple scents that behaves on me because it's tempered by all the buttery and caramelly notes. I don't really get much passionfruit but there is something else giving the apple notes a slight tang so I think that would be it. I can pick out the slightest unique hint of maple syrup under that creme-brulee-ish base. Granted I do have quite a few caramel apple blends but this one will stay on my radar.

I have lots of this in my hair and on my person. I'm going down the stairs at work. Someone behind me, from like a few inches behind my head, says "mmm you smell awesome," but growls it, like he's going to take a big bite of me. I turn around - it's an acquaintance I've always found very attractive but who has always kinda given me the Heisman. He looks mortified, like he can't believe he just said that, blushes, grins predatorily. My mind has been wandering ever since. :lol:

I turn around - it's an acquaintance I've always found very attractive but who has always kinda given me the Heisman.

:lol:

M and I were talking about this...we think men have a thing for apple smell whether they know it or not.

AND...if you think about it from a collective unconsciousness standpoint, maybe that's the reason the apple somehow made it into the creation myth. :lol:

• 6 months later...

I've had a sample of this baby for a while, and with all the excitement I got from other LPs I kind of forgot about it...BUT...today I revisited Candy Apple Cutie and I'm pleasantly surprised....

It starts out with a very wet apple, tangy and bright...but I love what I smell next! I get a jammy effect, very similar vibe to Spinnerett, I thought I was gonna get some Mamelons de Cerise resemblance, but instead I get this yummy honeyed, mapley effect...yes the caramelized apple is there, but my nose gets a jammy note...apple jam? Jajaja...is there such thing? I also get a salty buttery undertone that I just loooove...This subtle saltiness is driving me crazy...it is just pure genius!

I don't get any vanilla, and I'm glad I didn't 'cause I love this tangy apple jammy cutie! But maybe it's the vanilla note that tempers the tanginess?

It has an amazing sillage and longevity is awesome too...

Overall, Candy Apple Cutie feels like a splash of revitalizing, invigorating, zen-apple goodness, and it is sultry and it's not the femme fatale kind, but the cutesy sexy kind of gal...

Edited by Gabylicious

• 1 year later...

Candy Apple Cutie is a wonderfully true scent, all apple and sweetness! Goes on wet with a bright apple snap, then settles down into cozy caramel. Magnificent and very snuggly! I'm sad to only have a sample vial of this, I loooooooove it.

this is an all time favorite. I love its crunchy-clear-caramel and crispy-juicy-apple intense physicality. One of the ones that practically raises a hologram of textures in a halo around your head with its smell.

This is a happy scent for me. I have massive stock of this I remember trying to eat this once because it smelled exactly like those caramel apples you get at the fair. It didn't quite taste so good.. but my tongue smelled divine and when I spoke it was like candied jewels fell out of my mouth.