Message in a Bottle

This is really soft and beautiful, with a hint of citrus from the lemon blossom and a comforting base of vanilla and frankincense. Lightly sweet and mesmerizing. I hope I can tolerate the 50/50 a-nol/b-nol mix - so far, so good.

adding: it's a few hours later and I'm tolerating it fine, the base of the scent is a little stronger now.

5 hours more and it's even stronger! Long lasting, this one! And definitely no problem with this phero blend, yay!

Glad I could participate in the Musical Perfumicals creation - thanks, Mara!

Edited by perfumesniffer

Very 'aquatic-blue' kind of scent to me, I think it could easily work for the office, or with those that need to keep a lighter scent on hand. I really don't get any citrus.

You know Raq, often lemon doesn't agree with me, can be sharp and Pledge-y, but I've been happily surprised that as done by LPMP, there are plenty of potions that include lemon/lemongrass that not only are ok but are among my favorites -- Caught in the Act, Lady Frost, La Belle Reveuse, Alabaster Queen, Spring 2011. For me personally I think the difference-maker might be whether they are super sweetened or not...maybe same for you?

This one reminds me of the beach. It smells just like Manhattan Beach to me. I love it- it's very relaxing and breezy. How'd you guys get the beach in a bottle?

I get musk at first with something that smells like salt then it just blends in to waves, sand and sun, but it's not that gross beach smell, it's a nice Manhattan Beach smell.

Clean and relaxing.

You know Raq, often lemon doesn't agree with me, can be sharp and Pledge-y, but I've been happily surprised that as done by LPMP, there are plenty of potions that include lemon/lemongrass that not only are ok but are among my favorites -- Caught in the Act, Lady Frost, La Belle Reveuse, Alabaster Queen, Spring 2011. For me personally I think the difference-maker might be whether they are super sweetened or not...maybe same for you?

Yeah, I tried LP spring 2011 and all I smelled was pear. Had to put it up on swap. MMMM still not sure on this one.

To me this is a clean clear lighter version of others of its kind like Unisexy and Allumette. The sandalwood is just this side of "sharp" on me, thankfully, I think the other notes soften its impact in regards to my chemistry. But man, does it have sillage on me! For an hour it was all OH HAI and then it dialed down. I still don't know if it's something I would wear often but I like the idea and execution of it for certain; it's one of those blends perfect for utilizing in a situation where you're dealing with strangers and want something which would be universally acceptable (or nearly so).

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this one today. hmmm, not sure yet. It's just "okay". Nothing jumps out at me. I will say that it's a clean scent. I don't smell any of the frankincense (darn) but will try to wear a few more times this month.

• 5 months later...

I get a very slight lemon at the front when wet mixed with vanilla and musk and just a teensy bit of sandalwood. It really does smell beachy. After dry down is complete I smell the frank hardcore. It has blended seamlessly with the sandalwood at this point. I still get some vanilla and some musk but not enough for me as I am a vanilla and musk whore. Very interesting blend. Even though I will likely never wear it I am glad I got to smell it. A really neat concept.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I haven't ever really worn this, I am going through my phero samples to review those I have missed.

I struggle with this because it seems to keep slipping away and morphing into something else. It first smells like vanilla musk, a little like unisexy, but also the citrus note is coming in intermittently and reading to my poor hormonal nose as...metal?? I know this is hormones as I know I do like this one in the bottle. I'm going to give this a trial for effects one day soon. It seems pretty unisex, something you could wear in the daytime easily. A comfy scent

I just realised the metallic scent is coming from Enduring Appeal...on my hair. Don't combine these two. Not complimentary. I think this would be nice on my bf, if I can get him off Cocked and Loaded :P

.......my bf, if I can get him off Cocked and Loaded :P

Oh, Mel.... SOOOO many potential responses to THAT phrasing! LOL!

What response, either self or other, did you experience to the phero-blend? I've been considering getting a sample of this.

• 2 months later...

Yes! BUMP! BUMP!

Who has this, who's using it and why do you love it? My gf got this in a trial size and I loved it but it wasn't until I went to order that I even knew it was phero enhanced. I'm always combining LAM! & BAM! so this could be stellar :)

I'm surprised there are so few reviews...this one smelled really beachy and fun and with 2 of my go to pheros I'm sure it's a great choice. Common ladies...spill dah beans :Emoticons04280: