Vanilla/Leather on it's *own* would be enough to get me drooling. Add drops of honey...a tad of amber...pear? It's roll-your-eyes back and sigh time! OMG, this is sexah! I'm not a good Cops detective (har-har), so I can't speak to how well this is 'covered' for everyone else, but I don't get a big hit of cops, even pre-drydown.

I wanna slather, but I'm at work. I'll just keep my nose affixed to this wrist!

ETA: Ok, this is getting dirtier now... I likey! ...few minutes later, I'm thinking I should wash this off because after all I *AM* in the office! :blush:

Edited by katz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh...I am so looking forward to trying this one <drool> ...thanks Katz,it is exactly what I hoped you would review :blush:

Oh, Calii, you'll like! I know you will!

This one is thick and luscious. I get a hint of leather, but it's really the vanilla, honey, resins and musk that are the stars here. Those four notes combine into something so dense and delicious--which reminded me a bit of the sinful goo in a really fattening pie--that I wanted to lick it off the spot I swiped it on. There are hints of pear and leather and a bit of spice from the ginger but they stay subdued. If I get any closer to this one I think I really will lick it off. :sock puppet shaking no ha:

Oh GOODIE !! I can't wait to get now, was afraid of the cops, but if Mz Katz likes it then it must be what I'm looking for :sock puppet shaking no ha:

Is there any similar LP fragrance that you can compare this to??? Is this a foody vanilla??

Mara described the vanilla note to me as "not too sweet, more sensual."

It's in the "smells like fucking" tradition of such scents as Jouir de (but not as skanky) and several of Shelly B's PEs like Honeyed Amber Musk and Naughty, Sweet and Dirty. But also maybe Bad Boy, since that was a leather/vanilla-based fragrance.

The leather & pear are really delicious! The notes blend beautifully in this, and you can't smell the cops. It has some powerful sillage, I only put a little on the back of one wrist and I can smell it all around me as I move.

Edited by perfumesniffer

This is absolutely smashing. Unique.

It says, no, it growls, " I just had sex / am about to have sex / am having sex right now", in a way that NO other LP (or any perfume) has ever done, even more than Phero Girl, at least for me...It is not flirtatious, it is not coy or giggly, it is dead serious. It is 'knock me down and pull my hair and f*** me inside out.' Pear is iffy for me but it MAKES this one. Something in it is slightly burning my (very sensitive) skin - must be the ginger? Couldn't care less. I am speechless

Edited by tyvey

This is absolutely smashing. Unique.

It says, no, it growls, " I just had sex / am about to have sex / am having sex right now", in a way that NO other LP (or any perfume) has ever done, even more than Phero Girl, at least for me...It is not flirtatious, it is not coy or giggly, it is dead serious. It is 'knock me down and pull my hair and f*** me inside out.' Pear is iffy for me but it MAKES this one. Something in it is slightly burning my (very sensitive) skin - must be the ginger? Couldn't care less. I am speechless

Tyvey your reviews lately are just amazing. You are making me want this even though it wasn't really on my list before

NOT SAFE FOR WORK. People say "NSFW" when they are warning you that a link has graphic (usually sexual) content and so the IT at your work may detect what you are looking at and get you in trouble <_<

OMG, this is good. I was a little afraid, 'cause of the Pear & the Honey (which usually turn skanky on me), but I figured it's only a sample...and I DO LOVE that song :party:

It is amazingly sexy, and cops...what cops...I forgot there were cops in here! That's how well covered they are. I don't even get a hint of them.

Bravo Mara! I have to get bottle of this (maybe 2) before it flies off the shelves!

NOT SAFE FOR WORK. People say "NSFW" when they are warning you that a link has graphic (usually sexual) content and so the IT at your work may detect what you are looking at and get you in trouble :)

LOL, total brain fart. I knew that! Thanks Tyvey!

I got my sample of this. I have yet to encounter a scent I wouldn't wear to work. (Disclaimer: I haven't yet tried Phero Girl or Jouir de.) But for a moment, I thought this one was too much for me! Going on, I got honey and vanilla, no cops at all. It was very sweet and beautiful. Then about 15 minutes in, things took a turn for the sexy. It straight up smelled like funny business in the leather backseat of a car! Just pure sex and leather! It stayed that way for a good half hour, and I thought I was going to have to wash it off. Thankfully, the vanilla came back and the ginger took a more prominent role. It's sweetly spicy with a hint of leather in the background. It's actually very nice. I must own this.

There's COPS in this??? What? I hate cops and was soooo happy that I cannot smell them in this. I wore this yesterday and felt sexy all day. Sexy and calm. I wasn't manic or emotional.

Something in this helped me and I am buying a big fuckn bottle. This is the first COP one that I ADORE

Something in this makes me calm and not have an appetite. I need to order it 911 before it becomes another TMI and goes MIA

Lusciously dirty this one. Heee!

:perfume-emoticon:

Yes it is....the dirtiest LP I ever smelled was Jouir De & this was the second dirtiest. Since it doesn't contain any of the civit that amps unbearably on my skin, I can gleefully wear this, probably in my steam-punk gear blasting NIN, hehe. How my Goth b.f. J would've adored this one!

Vurrah possible! (am thinkin' bout you bebeh!) But did you succumb to the ordering? ;-)

OMG I was thinking about how sad I am that you are sad, but happy you are going to get happy. I'm going through my order in my head right now... and this is on the list.

Well it's just cops, so...many people wear a phero blend with additional cops, or in this case you could wear it over SS4W, which doesn't have cops. I suppose you could wear it with a social blend but I'd consider that a waste, because this is for SEX.

Well it's just cops, so...many people wear a phero blend with additional cops, or in this case you could wear it over SS4W, which doesn't have cops. I suppose you could wear it with a social blend but I'd consider that a waste, because this is for SEX.

I was thinking SS4W- I'm going to experiment. Maybe I'll just mix it with Rainbow Falls!

Imagine? I'd be squirting rainbows and palm trees..

OOH Yeah taste my Rainbow BABY

I was thinking SS4W- I'm going to experiment. Maybe I'll just mix it with Rainbow Falls!

Imagine? I'd be squirting rainbows and palm trees..

OOH Yeah taste my Rainbow BABY

I'm SO glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth while I read this...!

Google/Wiki is your friend, dear (but not at work, look up "vaginal squirting" when you get home tonight).

Edited by luna65

Disclaimer: my body chemistry is weird.

My overall impression of Closer: Oh my gourd. My nose is so far up my arm it's almost through to the other side. I wanna bleep me like an animal. 003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif

Initial impression (wet): NO cops smell; lots of spice; it smells so so much like my former HG of spicy "Orientals" (department store brand) from when I was younger, that I've never been able to find again and whose name I have forgotten. I used to think it was maybe Giorgio BH Red, but I tried GBH Red recently and...something's missing. So now I'm thinking maybe it was Imari? But I had a choice between buying a sample of Imari and buying some LMPM and of course I went for the latter. Well...THIS (Closer) is it. This is...whatever that spicy, very slightly peppery, OHMYFREAKINLORDISITSEXY scent was, all grown up but not *too* grownup...playful, enchanting, inviting. Only more natural...and with cops. I'll take Closer!!!

Latter impression (dry): Fades quite a bit, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; I don't want to overwhelm the rest of the world. It also gets a very slight sweetness. Just...nice. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Not as sexually exciting as the wet application (my but that sounds like a leading statement) but warm and beautiful and nice and still sexy; just more sensual than sexual. Luxurious.

Total keeper. Next month (when I'm allowed to buy again, LOL) I will be getting a bottle of this. I can see this as my go-to scent. So far it seems very less-dirty HG to me. (LAM original is my dirty HG.)

By the way: I don't get leather from this at all, really. Again, my body chemistry. :) Who knows...But I'm glad because that was the one note I was feeling cautious about. I get a LOT of warmth, warm warm warm warm, but not really any leather, per se. This also isn't overly heavy on the musk; I think these two notes maybe just carry the other scents, give them body and "oomph" (on me). Oh, and I do get vanilla for sure. ETA: Zowie! I get pear in full force after a couple/few hours. I don't mind that at all. I like it...mmmmmm.

Two HG scents in one month...that's crazy...does not happen to me...I've been on a fragrance hunt for more than a year now!

p.s. My son says, "Let me smell your arm flowers." <3

Edited by WildAutumn

Is the spiciness/pepperiness I'm smelling, the ginger? Oh great googly moogly but is that ever nice. Oh please please let DH like this one as much as I do.

Lol... nice review!!