Mississippi Moon

Invidiana

AD-MissMoon-LovePotion.jpg

Mississipi Moon

A passionate scent with a heart of two kinds of jasmine, wildly entwined with sultry blue musk and denim cotton, with just a touch of moonshine and the scent of the tall grasses weaving lazily near the darkened swamp…that ole moon will illuminate your secrets, but only for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
JASMINE & NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
BLUE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
COTTON ~ Luck, healing, protection; return of lost love.
SWAMP GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
SWAMP WATER ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
MISSISSIPPI MOONSHINE ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am really liking this one. It's so fresh and clean, and really relaxing to boot. I'm a big blue musk fan and love cotton/linen notes, but I was worried about the jasmine and swamp water. Actually this is not the cat pee type of jasmine but a soft sensual one, and the aquatic notes are very light and only complement the blend without overpowering everything else and turning cologney. This is not a boozy scent; there is a hint of booze but it's mostly the soft cotton, blue musk and gentle florals that steal the show. Mississippi Moon was a surprise hit for me and it's eventually going to turn into a bottle.

When I sniffed the vial I was not sure if I like it or not. It's a bit watery. I got some fruity notes also, something like apple though there is no apple in it. Well, on my skin, after some time the scent changed, now it's really good, I get the jasmin, too, yeah, I think I'll consider a full bottle.

This one is really not good on me wet. Reminded me of bathroom hand soap. Unfortunately, many times that's what jasmine does to me. But, after 2 hours it's very pretty and nice. Clean and soft, almost like a bed-time scent!! I will keep my trial vial!!

Swamp water.

SWAMP water??

Swamp WATER?!?!?

Y'all ain't from th' South, are ya? :)

Well, I AM from Southern California! Heeeee!

Mara: This. Is. PERFECT. PERFECT!!! D'you hear me, girl?!? Oh Gods, you must have taken a cruise through my head (in my Mom's old mustang!)!!! The jasmine is absolutely perfect, and the other notes just blend in underneath to smell like my old jeans and chambray shirt and a hint of booze.

See... I'm out at night with my friends, sitting on the curb during a perfect summer. I'm cruising Lake Arrowhead and Cedar Glen later that same summer. I'm playing in *all* my old bands. I'm hanging my first art exhibit... It's like that.

You've made a BETTER version of my favorite old jasmine that I wore for freakin' *years*. This is absolutely gorgeous. You are a f***ing genius. THANKYOU for this creation and for the bottle! I'll definitely acquire more and HOARD! AND SLAAATHERRRR!!! MWWAAAAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa!!!

Heh. Ummm...I really love this one. wub.gif

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 4 weeks later...

For me this starts out with the CKOne-ish vibe of the cotton accord (which is how any linen/cloth accord ends up smelling on me unless it's more cloth, less laundry, if that makes any sense) and then moves into the jasmine. It turns rather thick and powdery which is typical, alas. A jasmine lover would no doubt enjoy this but it's doing that evil thing although not as bad as usual. I'm thinking maybe the water accords are making it go wonky. Surprisingly I don't get the moonshine at all, and I usually amp liquor accords. Later the cotton accord comes back around the edges which sort of tempers the jasmine a bit.

• 3 months later...

Finally got a sample, been wearing for a week now, and I LOVE it. I am all over green scents, and I get the water scent from it too. It is not a brisk, cold water scent; I almost get a little saltiness from it. Like a brackish bayou, but I mean that much better than that might sound. It is a comforting nature scent. 'Bayou Musk' and 'Lucky in Love Potion #7' are sweeter and not quite as close to nature as this, so if those were too sweet for you then you might like this. This is going on my full bottle list.....

• 3 weeks later...

I am really glad I didn't trade my bottle of this, because this is the most perfect scent on me when I about to bleed. It has a very cool bluesy feel to it, and the Jasmine is perfect and not piercing. I feel so cool in this, just like Elizabeth. It also has a very expensive sophisticated boozy type of smell to it, not at all like swamp water. It's not a piercing floral either, it's a very cool hip floral. If this were a movie it would be Sweet Home Alabama, it's very southern but cutting edge. Like drinking 'shine out of an Alexander Mcqueen stilleto with spikes in the bayou on a cotten linen blanket with crocheted lace in your favorite boyfriend jeans.

• 6 months later...

I often forget about this one, but when I remember to wear it I shockingly love it. To me it is a relaxing and mysterious night time scent. I wear it to bed but if I had the opportunity I would be wearing it outside on a warm night like tonight, preferably on the beach. I would not think that I would like Jasmine so much, and I doubt I would if it wasn't so well blended with whatever other notes are in this. I am not sure...but by reading the other reviews I guess it is the cotton and blue musk I like. I get no booze at all...I get an evocation of cool water. Love the label too...

• 1 month later...

Does this remind anyone else of Areion Skye? I know they're worlds apart as far as ingredients go, but on my skin they both have that morning garden-dew thing working for them. I love that feeling. I like the cottony, floral scent. It's ladylike, but a relaxed, comfortable-in-her-skin kind of ladylike. Very pretty, and very light. It's an I'm-wearing-blue-jeans-and-have-bare-feet kind of sexy, which, incidentally, is one of my favourite kinds of sexy, so I believe Mississippi Moon and I will get along famously together.

It's an I'm-wearing-blue-jeans-and-have-bare-feet kind of sexy..

Ha! I'm wearing blue jean cut-off shorts and bare feet all day. And I'm in Mississippi! B)

I can see how this reminds you of Areion Skye because of the freshness. But this has a brackish quality to it that sets it apart from Areion Skye.

Hmm... maybe I'll have to put on some cut-offs and get into the spirit with this one! I can't say I noticed a brackish quality - though I'm not sure I really know what brackish water smells like. Maybe I'll test this again after my bath this evening, and see what else I get from it, scent-wise. I'm really diggin' the AS freshness about it though. It's pretty and womanly, not girlish. I like.

• 1 month later...

I love this one, it reminds me of when I lived in Atlanta. I can smell the cotton, the swamp and the beautiful musk... I would have never guessed this could be so lovely. It makes you feel as if your young and just hanging out in the country. I love how it morps thru out the day and then I get this tranquil feeling of being out on the water....

• 5 months later...

I brought my bottle of Mississippi Moon to Easter brunch to let my mom test it. While I love it, it does tend to give me a bit of a headache, but it's the kind of scent my mum tends to go cuckoo for. It turns out, I was right to bring it for her. She LOVED it! :D And so did one of my aunts. They both rolled it on their wrists, and sniffed and sniffed, and let their eyes roll back in their heads a bit! :lol: It was very cute. My SIL, who often delivers the boxes of my pretties got in on the action too, and was quite pleased to finally have a snootful of something from inside one of those mysterious packages.

The cutest thing was when my mum explained to my aunt how the perfume might smell different on her because of the way it's crafted, and that it will probably morph on her skin as the day wears on! I guess I've schooled her well! ;)

Mississippi Moon was a big, BIG hit all around! :D

SO COOL Eggers!!! You have me thinking that I need to get a bottle for my mom. I'm on a quest to get her some new perfumes, and I hadn't even thought about this one...DUH! Now that spring is tickling the mountain I've been eyeballing my bottle. LOVE this one so very much, and am still gobsmacked that Mara captured the feel sooooo perfectly! :heart::heart::heart:

I love MM too, Elizabeth! I love that barefoot feeling it gives me, and that gentle, cottony floral. It took me months to finally decide that I needed to pass it on. I'm glad my mum loves it so much. Makes me happy, knowing that at least it went to a good home, one where it'll be worn and enjoyed. It really is beautiful. Put an extra dab on for me! ;)

• 6 months later...

I am in love with this scent. At first it has a really clean, luxury soap/hand lotion smell to it. Then all of a sudden, after about one minute it actually blooms on my skin, like a delicate night flower opening in the evening air and releasing its sweet, light floral fragrance. The luxurious clean scent doesn't disappear, it just morphs into something slightly more magical and mysterious. For me this is like Sneaky Clean's night twin- more delicate and secretive. The scent stays close to the skin and is not overpowering. I'm constantly snuffling my wrist. I would wear this anytime, anywhere. Perfume at its best.

• 6 months later...

When I first discovered this site, this scent was the one i wanted the most -- and when I got it, I was so excited to try it out ... and then, it turned into the most awful baby powdery thing on my wrists. I was sooooo disappointed!! Seriously. Let. Down.

I put it away, then tried it again a few days later. Same baby powder crap after a few minutes on the skin. Nooooo!

Now, about two months later, I pulled it out of the "I'm never going to use these perfumes" pile and dabbed some on the back of my wrist --- and now it stays all jasmine-y on me! no baby powder action!

It is exactly how i imagined it would be when I read the description all those weeks ago.

Now, I'm all ready to buy a fb -- but can this metamorphosis be trusted? what if I cough up the lunch money for a fb and then the baby powder dry down returns?

I think I'm going to risk it -- I just love this perfume so much!!

----------

edit: Actually, I think I'm going to wear out my sample bottle before ordering a full, just to be sure this fabulous metamorphosis holds. :)

Edited by Cougarrific

• 3 months later...

The first 30 minutes it was very perfumey, and I was disappointed. But then the jasmine separated from the rest of the notes and it's now a lovely midnight sort of fragrance. I'm not getting the 'moonshine', mostly the jasmine and musk and swamp. I had SS4W added to it (intuitively during Sale 2014 as I had not even smelled a sample) and I love the combo. Makes me feel alive, mysterious, and feminine. A good scent for a walk, a nice book or a snuggle on the porch, or something more steamy on a hot summer's night.

• 5 months later...

While rearranging my huge LP collection today I came across this little gem, and promptly slathered. God I love this. I cannot get enough of scents that are elegantly clean and gorgeously feminine. I don't get any "swamp" note in this, it's all luxurious creamy cleanness, soft jasmine and whispers of moonlight. It feels like it would be wonderful to wear on a hot humid night, while swanning about in a pretty white cotton dress, drinking homemade iced tea, like a proper lady. I'm going to convert it to spray though, because my skin is eating it.

Androstenol, you're so right about pairing SS4W with this. I've always seen it as Sneaky Clean's nocturnal twin.

Edited by vladmyra