Sugar Plum Fae

katz

AD-SugarPlumFae-LovePotion.jpg

Sugar Plum Fae

The epitome of fluid grace, charm and sweetness, just like the music which lives on forever as a beautiful reminder…lovely sugar plums and rosewater are made deliciously delicate with accents of pink sugar and misty powdered sugar then adorned with a sheer feminine veil of musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SUGAR PLUMS ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
ROSE WATER ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, Mara, this is definitely a Princess-worthy, and break-out-your-tiara type fragrance. It's pink, purple and lace! Ever so delicate and girly. I didn't expect to love this...but it's like seeing puppies- how can you NOT smile? I can't NOT smile wearing this.

Oh, Mara, this is definitely a Princess-worthy, and break-out-your-tiara type fragrance. It's pink, purple and lace! Ever so delicate and girly. I didn't expect to love this...but it's like seeing puppies- how can you NOT smile? I can't NOT smile wearing this.

This sounds so pretty. Does it resemble any LP fragrance?

I'm speechless. Absolutely speechless. My eyes are filling up with tears.

All the memories of working in that pretty store... with all the pretty lingerie and the music and smells coming in and out. This smells exactly like that time. EXACTLY

It's beautiful- absolutely beautiful and soft. Very womanly but with a hint of little ballerina. OMG I am in LOVE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I can't wait to try this with LACE or SS4W

I get soft fruits and some sparkle.. is there any pear in here? OMG this is Candy Apple Cutie's rich cousin from Connecticut. Maybe even Cougar Jr, or Couggie in training.

WOWOWWOO this makes me feel soooo very beautiful!!!! OMG DIEEEEEEYING OVER THISSSSS

How could you not be happy wearing this? I look like shit today but feel sooo beautiful wearing this. What is in this stuff? Magic? Swans?

How could you not be happy wearing this? I look like shit today but feel sooo beautiful wearing this. What is in this stuff? Magic? Swans?

Yes luv, she expressed Swan Sparkle from ACTUAL LIVE SWANS! Shhh, don't tell - trade secret!

This is a SHEER, watery, cool pink, - not a warm, translucent-to-opaque goo pink like the LP Pinks. It is pink crystal sugar. It is in the Tera's Tinkled Pink sort of family, but lighter even than that. It really does evoke the transparent airiness of a pink tutu. It does *NOT* have the sharp edge some pinks have had on me (Esm's Pink Emerald, Pom Nom). Feels young. It is frank and open-faced, VERY HAPPY, not sultry.

Got my sample today.....and I REALLY LIKE THIS !! Nice job Mara/LPMP team and Kudos to LV for the concept :Hug_emoticon:

This is a SHEER, watery, cool pink, - not a warm, translucent-to-opaque goo pink like the LP Pinks. It is pink crystal sugar. It is in the Tera's Tinkled Pink sort of family, but lighter even than that. It really does evoke the transparent airiness of a pink tutu. It does *NOT* have the sharp edge some pinks have had on me (Esm's Pink Emerald, Pom Nom). Feels young. It is frank and open-faced, VERY HAPPY, not sultry.

This is exactly how it is on me!!

Unfortunately my skin ate it up in about an hour.

Here is what you should be watching for this:

I would say this is girly-twirly but of course ballerinas piroutte! It's incredibly feminine and pretty and sheer, the powdered sugar especially gives it a silky soft aura, so that the sweetness remains demure. So for those who enjoy wearing the powdery-smooth type of scents, this is one in that tradition, but with a delicately sweetened rose heart.

I'm hoarding this one. I just applied some on my wrist and this one literally dances- Luna you are so on the money - it pirouttes on your skin ~ I'm in a cloud of pink roses.. and pink sugared plums.. Do plums elevate moods? What is in this stuff?

It's such a mood lifter. It transforms so beautifully ~ I could really feel the love on this one. This one was made with extra Love and Happiness and pink clouds everywhere.

• 1 month later...

ok, i got a compliment from our shy only male employee (aside from Bosshole). He was like" mmm, whatever you are wearing smells good. Are there phero's in it?" and i was like "Nope" he just smiled looked away and said" i like it"

it is very out of character for him to comment so i think this is a round of approval from mr. shy guy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but I have a bottle of BPAL comforting plush companion, can anyone compare the two? they both have plum and roses. I love it but sugar plum fae sounds better if you want something fresher smelling, is it? I think comforting plush companion is more cozy probably.

• 2 weeks later...

I too tried it in sample . it is very sparkly plum & sugar when wet and some soft floral in backdrop. after application within 5 mins it becomes sweet and rose starts coming out. initially it is somewhat strong close to nose and mellow down to softer and softer as it drying down in my skin. oh it smells so good then & becomes so gracefully elegant feminine designer perfume kind of fragrance.. it is just sooo good. after 15 mins or so it gives me a lovey dovey feeling, like est does. oh so good. to me it is like .... me baby!! can you feel my BABY? baby... it makes you say mmmmmm! with a smile. :)

every female on LP earth should try this for sure. they will not be disappointed. it is truly delicate feminine fragrance, not at all too flowery or fruity, just right female and delicate.

i am writing most of reviews after 2-3 testings. these 2-3 testings i am doing in days gap. so i might be late in writing but i want to be sure of what i am writing.

it should be tried with Lace for sure. Mara me gonna do that in my next order for sure to get lace with this one. or i can boost up est in it. what you suggest? :)

ladies, who have tried this, wot u say ;) ?

Edited by Magnanimity

I wore this to bed last night. This is a perfect holiday scent. It's so sheer and it made me feel like a pretty pink princess wrapped in warm cozy blankets of love. I will be wearing more of this as I love this time of year, and this feels exactly like Christmas to me. It's lovely rose water dancing on sugared plums.. I need to get this with Lace and SS4W

• 3 months later...

when this was wet on my skin, I could have sworn it was sugared grapefruit... Looking at the notes now, I don't know what that could have been. Now that it's dried down a bit, I can pick out the rose water, and the sweet plums.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a couple of sniffies of this in my package, and I tried it a couple of times on my wrist. Definitely plum, what I thought was plumeria (but I'm probably wrong) and a bit of soap-- like plum flowery hand soap. Wasn't a fan of it, sadly, but I gave it to a friend and she said it smelled pretty so one found a good home, and I sent the other on in a care-package. I did, however, really love the story that came with it, as heartbreaking as it is.

http://www.lovepotio...n/SugarPlumFae/

AD-SugarPlumFae_sm-LovePotion.jpg

SUGAR PLUMS ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.

ROSE WATER ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.I

Edited by MissHazel

• 4 weeks later...

Of course I love this one. I always want to like the darker blends, but they just don't work for me. This is beautiful and girly. I like sweet plums better than just straight plum, and the musk in this is soft. If you like sweet girly scents, this is a must try!

I still love this very much and I have a sample vial in my purse at all times (and Orchidacous). I'm surprised that not too many people have reviewed this scent.

I might sound crazy but I like to use it lightly over OCCO Ambrosia to give it a further fruity vibe. OCCO Ambrosia, on the other hand, gives is a fuzzy and depth.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this scent! I love it. I think it's the rosewater in it that gives me a very clear scent memory of being at my great-gramma's house when I was about 4 years old, lying on my tummy in front of the TV, watching The Monkees. :D Maybe my great-gramma used rosewater on her skin? I know my mum's mum used glycerine and rosewater...

Anyway, it's a very pretty, almost princessy scent. And it has such an almost out-doorsy feel that I think it's dreamily and very appropriately named.

I adore this and usually wear it with Lady Vs Cherry Rose or Lady V's Rose Cookies. I feel so pretty and like a graceful dancing pink swan, whenever I wear this. Another thing I noticed is that this scent is a mood lifter. I cannot help but feel happy when I smell this. :beauty-pageant:

• 1 month later...

This is very beautiful, fruity and flowery but also very elegant. To me it's a very grown-up plum scent, but still sweet enough to be feminine and pretty. There's something very upper class about it. I'm surprised it's not more juicy and plum-y, instead on my skin it is much more about the rosewater and the musk.

• 1 month later...

I tested this one over two days.

Sugar Plum Fae smells like sugar and plums in the bottle. When I put this on I got a mix of rose and sugar. I didn't smell the plum as I did in the bottle. The fragrance is very delicate and feminine. It smells evenly blended or at least my skin allows me to smell everything in this at one time. It's a really nice fragrance that kind of reminds me of commercial perfume. When it died down it died down into something really pretty, but almost imperceptible on me. I reapplied and others told me I smelled of a sweet-musk. It doesn't seem to last that long on my skin.

I tested this one over two days.

Sugar Plum Fae smells like sugar and plums in the bottle. When I put this on I got a mix of rose and sugar. I didn't smell the plum as I did in the bottle. The fragrance is very delicate and feminine. It smells evenly blended or at least my skin allows me to smell everything in this at one time. It's a really nice fragrance that kind of reminds me of commercial perfume. When it died down it died down into something really pretty, but almost imperceptible on me. I reapplied and others told me I smelled of a sweet-musk. It doesn't seem to last that long on my skin.

I have a sample of this one but haven't had the time to test it out yet...

This is a sample I bought that I orginally wanted for a friend to boost with Heart and Soul, but thought I would love it more than my friend. I am glad I did not get this for her or I. Even though this is a lovely scent it smells very "wintery" to me. It smells like sugared plums but with a twist of purple twilight and fantasy entwined within. Definitely a scent I would wear to a winter ballet or opera, sitting in an expensive side loft, dressed up in gold and black satin. It is very elegant, but not one of my favorites. I am more of a foodie-scent girl anyway. But it is a pretty scent nonetheless.

• 4 months later...

This one is achingly beautiful. It makes me think of vast palaces made of violet colored crystal on a planet far way. The castle is abandoned,and all you can hear are chimes. Windchimes in a gentle breeze carrying the around from far away.

It's beautiful,but a little lonely. Kind of melancholic, in a way. Lovely nonetheless!

The problem for me is , literally five minutes after I apply it, it's completely gone. Not even a trace is left. I really wish it was a bit stronger cause the scent itself is like none other. I can't think of a thing I could compare it to.

Gorgeous,crystalline and unfortunately very fleeting on me.

• 11 months later...

My apologies for posting a pre-SQUEE but thank you all for these reviews.

I was checking out what was avail via the sale, and lamenting that I need more PINK - because at heart, just can't seem to get enough in PINKness or COCOness (difft scent altogether I know). I honestly would have major panic if I thought PINK scents were running low. Or Coconut - but that would be for another thread.

Anyhow, during my personal melo-dramatic lament - saw the name Sugar Plum Fae, and read the reviews - sold! So excited for more PINKness, sparkly, dancing, love, and maybe a hint of diamonds (ok so I read that part into it all - someone said sparkly, my mind went to diamonds). And knowing it's the kind of pink guys like to sniff, well - double sold. :)

When I can buy some sugars, have my eye on at least 3 or more that will lend even more pink to my tiny collection.

Can't wait to try this! :cat690:

I wore this to bed last night. This is a perfect holiday scent. It's so sheer and it made me feel like a pretty pink princess wrapped in warm cozy blankets of love. I will be wearing more of this as I love this time of year, and this feels exactly like Christmas to me. It's lovely rose water dancing on sugared plums.. I need to get this with Lace and SS4W

Ohhhh Beach Goddess-- looky, this sounds like a great potential candidate for our Winter go-to scent!!! (Even though I cringe as I utter the word "Winter"...). And Lady V's recommendation of pairing it with Lace or SS4W sounds very apropos.

Edited by Silkilocks

Ohhhh Beach Goddess-- looky, this sounds like a great potential candidate for our Winter go-to scent!!! (Even though I cringe as I utter the word "Winter"...). And Lady V's recommendation of pairing it with Lace or SS4W sounds very apropos.

Agree! LV's review (and others, but def that one from LV that you quoted) sold me on this one. Pink sparkly to lift us out of fall/ winter (I cringe too) doldrums.

Off Topic a bit: I will be clinging for life to my Beach Bunny and Surfer dude when it gets colder- that is for *sure*. This one I must hoard. It also has ingredients for uplifting mood, which I need in fall/ winter. Along with Lady V's Sweet Pussycat. Silkilocks, since we're on same wavelength @ a lot of scents and stuff - you GOTTA try this! Seriously amazing.

Luna said you can re-order a PE as long as Mara has ingredients - so if you like coconut cream with a beachy feel (no idea how Mara did it- just amazing as notes are something like whipped frothy cream, coconut cream, and a light musk) - anyhow.. OMG. Feel free to read my embarassing review on THAT one as I flipped out over it. But I'm in love with that scent (almost) like no other. It's in my top 3 for certain!! I have like a drop left until my FB arrives. :Emoticons04284:

• 3 months later...

I've never reviewed this? Well... I love it! It's pretty and girly, I get a very cool, icy pinkish purple vibe from it. Like sugar crystals glistening with light pink and plum color iridescence. This scent makes me so happy- it's definitely a mood lifter. The plum and rose are a beautiful match. It makes me feel very fem. A wonderfully delicate, fairy-like cloud of pretty. I feel bad for neglecting my bottle. It's so good!