Dream Lover

salomewilde

AD-DreamLover_.jpg

Dream Lover

How many times have we each dreamt of the perfect lover: compassionate, caring, affectionate, with a sexy hint of mischief? To assist in leading you to the one you seek, this magickally-comprised fragrance based on a very popular and effective love spell, originally created two decades ago, is now available again just in time for Valentine’s Day! Softly sweet and playfully seductive, the blend of vanilla, cotton blossom, neroli, orange blossoms and a delicious dash of chocolate comprises all those elements which traditionally encourage love and affection, to open the way and lighten the spirit. Positively dreamy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Description: "...Vanilla ~ an aphrodisiac which inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal and lust. Neroli ~ a sensual stimulant that quells apprehension and anxiety, and encourages a shy lover. Orange Blossoms ~ which are a strong "magnet" to attract men, and also symbolize eternal love, marriage and fruitfulness. Cotton Blossoms ~ for luck, healing and return of lost love. And a hint of Chocolate, for lightening emotions and evoking feelings of love. It smells dreamy and captivating, just as it should."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First impressions: This smells like biting into a fresh milk chocolate vanilla buttercream tastes.
On skin: My body chemistry really likes this. The throw is just right that seems to adjust with my body heat. I got vanilla and neroli as the top notes
Drydown: Good, slow fade. The orange and cotton blossom emerged after about an hour and a half.

So far this has led to some after work friskiness with my sweetie and unusual praise from a professor. In general, it seems like people honestly approach me more when I wear this. Too weird, but I'm not complaining.

• 5 months later...

My order arrived late last night and today I got to sniff and annoint myself to my absolute delight! Only problem was I didn't have enough extremities to annoint!

Dream Lover was one of the first tried and..... Oh, but this is delicious!

In the vial: definitely vanilla and neroli... and I smell the chocolate. However, I seem to missing altogether the orange and I don't think I know how cotton blossom smells so I can't very well identify it. This is a thick, rich scent which literally pours into my nose. Very nice!

On my skin: I agree with salomewilde; great throw... and the vanilla is thick and rich on my skin. Oh, and there's that chocolate. I can't stop sniffing my wrist! Yummy!

Drydown: Long-lasting; not too much change in scent on my skin from wet-to dry-down which is absolutely wonderful because I love this so much. I never did get the orange... which is again, okay, because what is on my wrist smells divine :)

I can't report on My Beloved's response because *sigh* even though it's 10:30 he isn't home from work :blink: I can, however, tell you that my Jacob (I don't think I've mentioned it yet but, in our family, we have two twelve-year old Jacobs... mine and his! Makes for an interesting household on the week that his Jacob is here along with mine... I've taken to calling them by their last names. And, oh my goodness... you couldn't find find two boys so dissimilar in either physical or emotional makeup.... and that definitely amps the interesting factor!) really likes it; he thought it was a lovely scent and applauds Mara's artistry :)

• 2 months later...
Description: "...Vanilla ~ an aphrodisiac which inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal and lust. Neroli ~ a sensual stimulant that quells apprehension and anxiety, and encourages a shy lover. Orange Blossoms ~ which are a strong "magnet" to attract men, and also symbolize eternal love, marriage and fruitfulness. Cotton Blossoms ~ for luck, healing and return of lost love. And a hint of Chocolate, for lightening emotions and evoking feelings of love. It smells dreamy and captivating, just as it should."

First impressions: This smells like biting into a fresh milk chocolate vanilla buttercream tastes.

On skin: My body chemistry really likes this. The throw is just right that seems to adjust with my body heat. I got vanilla and neroli as the top notes

Drydown: Good, slow fade. The orange and cotton blossom emerged after about an hour and a half.

So far this has led to some after work friskiness with my sweetie and unusual praise from a professor. In general, it seems like people honestly approach me more when I wear this. Too weird, but I'm not complaining.

Yum! And me with a large sample that I never gpt around to trying!

• 1 month later...

Eek, I can't believe I never chimed in on this one, it's one of my favorites!

I'm not much of a floral person but I really like cotton blossom because it has such a "friendly" smell to it, I guess, it's very comforting. So I like that it's the first thing I smell on my skin (in the vial the neroli is more obvious). It dries down to a powdery veil, sweet but not overly so, just very gentle and fresh. It's a snuggle kind of scent with me, and I'm surprised that I bonded with such a subtle scent, but it's always the surprises which make the adventure of perfumery!

Edited by luna65

• 1 year later...

This is for the '10 rebrew, and while I can't compare to the original, I can definitely say this stuff is to die for. The chocolate just has this deliciously sexy depth, no doubt because there are 3 kinds of it in there! The vanilla adds a buttery currant of sweetness along with the (brown?) sugar, which gives a hint of something caramel-y to it, and the amber deepens the caramel/sugar feel. The orange blossom gives a beautiful hint of fruity tang that mellows as it dries down. I'm not really picking out any prominent cotton blossom or neroli, but bear in mind my skin amps the sweeter notes in a blend which I'm definitely not complaining about because I'm a huge dessert foodie. Overall this is just a sensually luscious blend that has me swooning almost as much as having a live version of the label guy in my bed...*almost* :(

I love this version...as much as I loved my original sample! It all blends so deliciously on me...mmm. I could wear this on that island where I'm limited to only 1 scent! Mara, Dana thanks SO MUCH for the re-brew, you made my Valentine's Day sweetly scented!!

This is soft sweet loveliness. Reminds me of chocolate frosting - light and sweet, not heavy.

Unfortunately, kittehs loved it too and pitched it to the floor, where it broke.

The upside? My living room smelled as a sweet and kind Dream Lover for several hours.

This is soft sweet loveliness. Reminds me of chocolate frosting - light and sweet, not heavy.

Unfortunately, kittehs loved it too and pitched it to the floor, where it broke.

The upside? My living room smelled as a sweet and kind Dream Lover for several hours.

Boo! Naughty Kittehs! No mittens for you!

I've had a sample of this hoarded away for a couple of years. I was saving it until I could do the whole working with it. But never quite got around to it. Is the working still listed on the site anywhere? I might have a go in the summer. :thumb_up11:

May

The difference between the two versions - for me - is the original has a soft sugary kind of aura, but the notes themselves are all equal, as it were. This version is much more heavy on the chocolate and that in combination with the amber gives it a little more weight...it's like the difference between wearing a sheer blouse and a soft sweater. I think with aging the orange notes might develop a little more but anyone shying at that now shouldn't necessarily be afraid to try it. This is really more like Deliciously Wicked's demure little sister (no musk).

Demure is a good word for it, Luna.

I have my broken little vial sitting on my toiletries table, and this morning as I was primping I caught a soft, vague scent. Almost a chocolatey coconut but very soft. So I sniffed about until I found it emanating from the sadly broken vial sitting on my counter.

It's a demure, kind, gentle scent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Uh what there's chocolate in this?? Didn't pay attention to the notes before trying it on today. All I get is swoon-inducing vanilla sweetness and fresh dried-in-the-prairie-wind cotton sheets. I get no orange blossom (which I dislike, so that's a good thing) or neroli. If it reminds me of anything it reminds me of Captivation Equation. Super delicious.

• 7 months later...

This smells yummy! At first it is really chocolatey, and something smells like coconut to me too. Later on, it reminds me of Tidesong's Honeyed Amber and Neroli. This is kind of like a cream-filled donut with chocolate frosting and coconut sprinkled on top, surrounded by neroli!

• 1 month later...

Just got my samples in and I love this one! It smells like an Almond Joy candy bar drizzled in Butter! On my skin its all chocolate and buttery, no cotton blossom. I don't know what Neroli smells like.. so there is no- reli. ha ha couldn't resist. Can't wait to see its effects.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DARK CHOCOLATE!! Sounds like i will LOVE this... Mmmm..... :D:):)

• 1 month later...
Uh what there's chocolate in this?? Didn't pay attention to the notes before trying it on today. All I get is swoon-inducing vanilla sweetness and fresh dried-in-the-prairie-wind cotton sheets. I get no orange blossom (which I dislike, so that's a good thing) or neroli. If it reminds me of anything it reminds me of Captivation Equation. Super delicious.

OK today it is all chocolate up in mah face :happybirthday: but brightly, cleanly so. This is uplifting and foody in a non-gloppy/non-syrupy way. Would be kinda great boosted with Lace! :)

Edited by tyvey

OK today it is all chocolate up in mah face :D but brightly, cleanly so. This is uplifting and foody in a non-gloppy/non-syrupy way. Would be kinda great boosted with Lace! :mad-scientist:

Was just wondering if I needed a boosted bottle of this...I think Lace would be a wonderful compliment to the gentle sort of uplifted sexiness of this.

• 6 months later...

Chocolate florals. This is a playful scent in that one moment I get choco whiffs, and then in another the florals are in front. It's playful in that it's saying "What am I going to smell like more this time? hehhehe" Mischievous little dream lover you. The florals are spicier on me, but there is still a sweet quality added in through the semi sweet chocolate. After all the play, my dream lover calms down to a slumbering vanilla and amber.

This is for the original Dream Lover, I'd been saving it and it was one of the first things I'd ordered but with the intent I'd get up the nerve to smell it then be coy and put it away. Well, not coy anymore, been wearing it nightly before bed and it is so soothing, the chocolate is so rich against the neroli, smells almost rosy at times and buttery smooth. I really get the vanilla coming through at the dry down. The first couple of times I wore this I had the most amazing dreams too. Hope they start again or I am more aware of my dreams.

• 1 month later...

This is one was quite a surprise for me! Got it as a small freebie and had no idea about its notes, I dabbed it on my wrist and it was so chocolatey, that I had to compare it with the other chocolatey scents I have in samples...(Glistening B, Velvet K, Nookie C)

At first sniff, Dream Lover felt to me like the predecessor to the rest, which are darker or more suntuous and creamier...

I feel like DL is a sheer chocolate, more traslucent than the others...and because of this the lasting power is not so good on me, but I surely appreciate its beauty.

I think its the Orange Blossom note that kind of reminds me of Velvet Kisses (I tested VK first), except VK is way darker and in my opinion more sophisticated...To me its like Dream Lover is VK's younger sister, according to how they evolve on my skin...

Edited by Gabylicious

• 3 weeks later...

I want to eat my wrist. Seriously. I initially get the chocolate and vanilla, with the florals coming into their own later on. OMG this is so delicious. I don't even normally like chocolate scents - I usually think they smell artificial and plastic - but this is delicious and foody and yummy and warm and sweet and dessert like and I'm absolutely buying a bottle.

Just FANTASTIC.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been wanting to write about this one. I love the combination of chocolate and orange and thought this smelled really great. But either the chocolate or vanilla turns plastic on me unfortunately (I'm starting to suspect vanilla).

However, for the intent, I started adding a few drops of this to my bath every night for a week or so, and I actually met a guy who I find really attractive and think would be a dream lover! Of course, as it turns out he's not available, but it sure was interesting. (And inspired me to order another sample!)

• 1 month later...

I never reviewed this?? Never? Weird.

I'll start by saying I actually hated this when I got it say...hmmmmm...two years ago?

I gave it another chance recently and liked it much more. Now I love it. I washed my hair earlier and when the dryer blew hot air on my neck, the scent rose and it was heavenly.

So 'what does it smell like?' I hear you cry! Fluffy. If cotton wool had a smell it would be similar. It's not sharp at all,all fluffiness, it's peach coloured cotton wool, but not the nasty kind, the blended kind, this is pure cotton. Smells like milky chocolate, a very milky kind like Lindt, with a cottoniness (I bet that isn't a word) blended in. I don't really get orange blossom in this at all. I can understand where the first reviewer got buttercream from too.

It makes me think of some kind of doll, the old Strawberry Shortcake type, but a hybrid one, one they didn't make, like perhaps Angel Cake, dressed in a peachy frilly dress...no, Peach Blush. Peach Blush should've smelt like this.

OK wore this to bed instead of my usual Velvet Kisses. I was still not all that impressed with this one on me. No orange at all, just a very light dusty chocolate. The description sounds so beautiful! But I don't think I get any ingredients other than a little vanilla and chocolate. Oh well! I can see why other people like it but Velvet Kisses is just too perfect to compete with when it comes to a chocolate orange bedtime concoction.

MDC...Ah yes, it isn't orangey on me either, but to me that's okay. I have changed chemistry wise no doubt since I bought it (from Yasmin to Mirena, variety of herbal supp's and also tremendously upped my water consumption), which may have changed how it sits on me and also how I perceive it possibly. Glad to hear VK is awesome though...I'm waiting for some of that to arrive!

It doesn't smell like its description to me either, I'm just liking it much more than I did before, but agree, OMG if it smelt like it sounds I would chew off my own arm probably! I may have to wear something with orange blossom tomorrow I think...sunny here!

Don't give out your samples girls- I had the same feeling when I tried it. I was like.. old dusty choco cocoa.. then for some reason I decided to give it another go, and the chocolate the second time around was creamier and soothing. I'll have to fish out my bottle and see if it' s still creamy, because it started to do that dusty thing again so it could be the temp and season.

I bought a bottle unsniffed, no sample for me ha aha. It wasn't so much dusty cocoa to me the first time as kind of coconutty plastic buttercream, only not the kind made with butter lol, when I wanted orange blossom-neroli-chocolate. This time I wasn't hung up on how it should smell, but like how it does smell instead.

Report back Lady V :D