Strawberry Fields

luna65

AD-StrawberryFields_sm-LovePotion.jpg

Strawberry Fields

A magical mystery tour to those joyous summers in the halcyon fields of memory...a juicy burst of strawberries and elderberries surrounded by a landscape of fresh-cut greens and birch leaves, grounded by musk and touches of earthy patchouli and woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
ELDERBERRY ~ A lure for the Fae. Long considered a highly potent magical plant. Healing, induces visions and dreams, creativity, twigs used as a charm against illness.
BIRCH LEAVES ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
FRESH CUT ROSE STEMS ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SWEET SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course you should be listening to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwcIvr0vLBw

So I thought everyone would enjoy reading the part of John-John's description which couldn't be included due to all those pesky legalities:

I consider myself a Beatles 'Super-fan'! I could expound upon several Beatles' classics, however, Strawberry Fields in particular resonates something pure and innocent from my childhood. I was born in the mid 60's, so I was just a toddler when the Beatles were rounding into the psychedelic phase of their adventure. The song came out as a double sided single when I was one or two. The B-side was 'Penny Lane'; another personal favorite of mine. Strawberry Fields Forever was inspired by Lennon's memories of playing in the garden of a Salvation Army house named "Strawberry Field" near his childhood home.

My entire family was Beatles' fans and my first memories as a child were listening to Beatles music cascading through the halls and walls of our house in NW Washington. I was the 5th oldest child and my older sister and 3 older brothers would play music 24/7 around our house. We were a very musical family! My dad was a gifted pianist/guitarist. My mom played piano. My oldest brother was a talented guitarist. My second oldest brother was a pianist. I and my younger sister and I were the singers of the group.

Anyway, as kids will do, we each had our favorite Beatle and fantasized about being them whenever we would get together and play music together. My eldest brother Marc resembled George in demeanor and guitar stylings. My second oldest brother Matt had John Lennon style spectacles and played piano. My brother Luke, wasn't really much of a musician but he was funny and would beat the drums or whatever we were using at the time (probably a 5 gallon paint bucket turned upside down and a couple of sticks from a tree outside our house).

What I like about this one most is that it has a very real, tart quality. But not sour, just that realistic experience of finding berries in the wild. And the green/earth elements frame it as if you were there. And it has a sort of refreshing quality about it, in that way it reminds me of Pleasure Valley, they're both "in the moment" fragrances. It's classic Nature Boy brewing at its finest.

But when I mentioned this one to my Limey (who considers the Beatles a part of his DNA) he said, "Oh why can't someone come up with a 'I Am The Walrus' scent?"

And of course the only answer to that is "Goo goo g'joob."

Eau de Bukket? Hmmmm...

If I had to pick the *absolute diametric opposite* to Closer, it would probably be Strawberry Fields. As dirty and naughty as that is, this is innocence in a bottle. I got the lovely green-grassy notes first of all, then the cheerful happy strawberry (yes, tart not syrupy!). It's puppy love, it's a day in the sun...it's all that!

• 10 months later...

Is eating strawberries while rolling around and crushing deep sweet grass! Summer in a vial! And so far, the strawberry hasn't plasticized ! *hopes*

ETA OH NOES...the berry stays so well behaved...but the sandalwood is taking over the universe. :'( now is strawberry soap. *cries*

Edited by tyvey

• 3 weeks later...

This is another one that surprised me. I received it as an "extra" in a trade and this is something that I wouldn't think is "me" so I never bothered to put it on my want list. Now I want a full bottle!!! This is summery and sensual. I get only a tiny bit of the greens and the rest is like a sweet strawberry musk.

I don't know why I assume that certain potions won't work for me, I guess I try to lie to myself to save money (?) lol! But seriously, sometimes you have to try different ones you normally wouldn't to find the ones that work best with your skin. I am so thankful for that special someone I did trades with a few months back gifted me this gem, it really makes me happy and feels like it belongs on my skin.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It started out fresh cut grass and strawberries, but now it is fresh strawberry shampoo. But I love it still! It is still very summery and refreshing. Maybe I'll make a hair-mist out of some of the oil. As I'm typing, some if the shampoo-sharpness is fading out. MaybeI'll get lucky as time goes by...

UGGGGGH WHY DIDN'T I JUST GET THE FREAKING SAMPLER? WHY DO I PRETEND TO TRY TO SAVE MONEY??

I know this is old but....

Ha Ha Ha Ha this has to be the most common LP chant. :)

It started out fresh cut grass and strawberries, but now it is fresh strawberry shampoo. But I love it still! It is still very summery and refreshing. Maybe I'll make a hair-mist out of some of the oil. As I'm typing, some if the shampoo-sharpness is fading out. MaybeI'll get lucky as time goes by...

How did I miss this one?! Gots to get a sample with my next order!!

• 1 year later...

Maybe it has aged in the bottle...this is a year on now...to me it smells like Christmas ornaments in a cardboard box under a freshly cut Christmas Tree. And the scent stays STRONG for hours. I really can't smell any strawberry. Gave me instant childhood memories. I can literally smell the well-loved cardboard that carries those sacred, cherished scents inside of it all year, how the seep out of the pores of the paper, and then the accumulated scents from all the various treasures it has contained for decades on end. A very sentimental and sacred scent for me. Lovely.

• 10 months later...

Wow, didn't know this one has been around for so long! I tried this the other night and it's another that's perfect for summer.! The ever Elusive REAL strawberry scent,dripping with dew and fresh cut grass. As others have said, its very tart and evocative of childhood and summer days in the sprinkler. At dry down,I get some patch, but it's gentle like white patch,and in the LONG dry down it becomes this really nice strawberry flavored,dusty sandalwood. I love sandalwood,so I find it gorgeous at this stage. Lasts 12 hours on my skin, but stops projecting very far around the 3 hour mark. Very nice and fairly straightforward summer strawberry. Like!