time for September stalking

ravenwing

i think we are getting fall scents now. you know just something a little birdy whispered in my ear

Ooooooohhh ravenwing! I LOVE Fall. It's my favorite season. I hope your birdy speaks...

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: The Truth. rockon.gif

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I love TP's story about writing that song..how he kept playing the refrain over and over again until Jane was ready to kill him. :ph34r:

When I was growing up in northern Middle Tennessee, it was tobacco country, and along about September or maybe October if it was a long, warm summer, they'd start moving the cut and partially dried tobacco into the barns and "firing" it - which is to say, it was smoked like a ham in hickory smoke. The hollows would fill with a blue haze of this delicious smell of tobacco and hickory smoke, accompanied by the dry/green smell of autumn leaves which would usuallly just be hitting their peak of color about then, thanks to the cold snaps that would send us reaching for our sweaters and cardigans. Bright scarlets, burgundies, oranges, salmons, all painted against a deep rich turquoise sky. The hay would be cut, the feed corn harvested; add those scents to the mix. This was the autumn of my childhood.

I would adore a fragrance that could replicate those memories.

Edited by AlienChangeling

Today.

Thank Gosh, they are taking a bit longer this month then usual i think, but its all good, busy means busy. :emot22:

Edited by AncientGoddess

When I was growing up in northern Middle Tennessee, it was tobacco country, and along about September or maybe October if it was a long, warm summer, they'd start moving the cut and partially dried tobacco into the barns and "firing" it - which is to say, it was smoked like a ham in hickory smoke. The hollows would fill with a blue haze of this delicious smell of tobacco and hickory smoke, accompanied by the dry/green smell of autumn leaves which would usuallly just be hitting their peak of color about then, thanks to the cold snaps that would send us reaching for our sweaters and cardigans. Bright scarlets, burgundies, oranges, salmons, all painted against a deep rich turquoise sky. The hay would be cut, the feed corn harvested; add those scents to the mix. This was the autumn of my childhood.

I would adore a fragrance that could replicate those memories.

That's beautiful, AlienChangeling! I would SO wear that.

And Mara, about that "Today" comment...

ACK!!! WOOT!!! :A002::10_small16::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Have I mentioned how new releases bring me so much happiness and give me something to look forward to????

I here ya ladies, been a long day...cant wait.... :1plus1: :(:toast: :banana006:

Edited by AncientGoddess