Knot - knot what you'd expect!

katz

AD-KNOT_sm-LovePotion.jpg

Knot

A potent and long-lived symbol of eternal affection is the love knot. Although magical and pagan in origin, the symbolism is pervasive throughout modern culture as indicative of such devotional aspects as marriage, fertility and fidelity. We have crafted a desirable and meaningful blend of ingredients to inspire abundance in love and all its aspects. Romantic orange blossom entwines with notes of apricot and plum upon a base of smooth warm sensual amber. This is a truly classic fragrance for all lovers the world over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ingredients *seem* to be so few and straightforward, you wouldn't expect a complex scent here - wrong! I dabbed it on, waiting for a simple sweetness, but the LP magic (Mara) has brought these elements together (entwined them if you will) to create something *more* than just 4 notes. It's rich, the apricot cuddles next to the plum - fruit notes yes, but combined with floral orange ...there are notes in their joining that I can't describe. Amber's the perfect base to this trio (that feels like more).

Katz said it perfectly - i always take my first sniff without refreshing my memory re notes, and I could not have picked out a single one. TMI ALERT: THIS SCENT STIRS MY LOINS. I could've sworn I saw somewhere is unisex? If not, don't care, would be dead sexy on a dude.

I told Mara my first sniff impression was: "Ooh this is so pretty!" But I haven't worn it yet. I guess I was surprised because of the notes, for some reason I thought the orange blossom would be too floral.

This is fruity: I get orange and plum, the apricot is more in the background, amber is also there, after dry down it becomes more creamy. I'm not sure if it's long lasting or not, but I think I have to put on some more. It's a delicate scent, and to my opinion: it's perfect!

This really surprised me with how syrupy it is; the fruit notes are really intense and I think the amber adds an additional weight but it's not overly-sweet. It turns a bit perfume-y on me after a while but it's very smooth and rich, quite lovely. It reminds me a bit of Shelly's Bodacious Bomb except it doesn't have the candied quality of that one.

This is one of the scents that has the ingredient who doesn't like me. It's in many of the Lp's but at least since this one has only 4 or 5 notes, I can narrow it down. It's either the Orange Blossom or the Amber. I am leaning toward the Amber as the culprit. It smells very sharp to me-almost like cat pee or chemical.

It may be okay in tiny amounts. I really wanted to like this one. I smelled the same thing in Phero Girl, so That's why I think it's the amber. But, alas, I have such a primitive nose I can't decipher half the scents that you all on this board can. Thank goodness for the reiview section!

Raq ~

Some people perceive orange blossom as sharp - some varieties are quite biting. That's prob where you're feeling the sharp from and that's a note in common with Phero Girl.

The particular amber used in Knot is a rather new one that I've only used in two other blends...and unless it is a "white" amber, meaning it's likely been blended with musk, you aren't going to get a "sharp" feel from it. But you may get an animalic feel from it.

I think you are reacting to both of those ingredients separately. I would say, be wary of orange blossom or neroli listed in the ingredients, ambergris, animalic musks or animalic ambers.

You're not going to want to avoid ambers entirely because they are a cornerstone for sexy, exotic, belly dancer-style blends and probably the most common basenote on the planet.

Knot was perfect, both scent-wise and intent-wise, for me. I wore it on my wedding day! I love the fruity/sexy smell and so does hubby ;)

Knot was perfect, both scent-wise and intent-wise, for me. I wore it on my wedding day! I love the fruity/sexy smell and so does hubby :(

That makes me sooo happy! Thank you for letting me know, July Girl!!!

I keep a mental list of everyone that tells me they wore an LP scent or jewelry item for their wedding, or as a bridesmaid. That's very special to me because I know they understand the love, ritual and intent we put into them. (One gal from India wore Majmua Sultana for her wedding and I was so flattered, because India is an unparalleled perfume capitol of the world, but she wore one of mine.)

;)

LOVE YOU, JULY GIRL! And wish you worlds of happiness in your new marriage!

XOXOXOXOX

This is a very candylike fruity scent in the beginning, which wasn't what I expected from this particular blend, but as it dries down it softens to reveal the warmth of the amber and soft floral quality from the orange blossom which make it so much more than just fruit candy. I think with time the amber will deepen even more so I will keep my sample around to see how it ages. It's likely going to turn into a bottle eventually.

I am a more masculin scent lover or to adjust , i can do with unisex. fruity & florals are just not my types. but believe me, when i got my first order, i loved only 3 scents out of all i got. but being patient(as i am always been) helped me a lot. i can say now Mara has changes my taste completly. iafter trying all my scents i am in gradually liking them. maybe the intent she puts in them changes us..... love it & love you Mara for bringing this change in me. so after trying these scents, i thought of posting my reviews. by BTW now i love floral & appriciate fruity as well. they are so feminine.

Got it in a sample. have tried but it was too fruity for me initially. now on 4 application i am writing. i got strong orange first. like fruity candy. after 10 mins i could pick up apricot. then 20 mins later it was mix of orange blossom & apricot. now i can't pin point which one is more prominent. but still fruity. after say 30 35 mins apricot comes out & something which is sweet musky or what, there is a kind of hint of something in the back ground, which i cant pin point, cos being new to these. i dont know but the more i sniff more it causes salivation in me ... funny.....but i am not hungry at all.

it is not lasting very long but still on my skin after one & half hour.

wanted to add on is there something which brings out desire? when i sniffed it much later on my arm i felt very little turned on. i mean that made my mind to think about my man & going close to him .. somewhat like that, not exactly sexy....

i thought of asking this to you Mara as when i got this feeling i was working and it, was not already thinking of him.

• 4 months later...

I tried this last night, but it did Knot love me. (Sorry. Couldn't resist). I loved it in the vial. My boyfriend loved it in the vial. We both loved it on my skin, wet.

After it dried-down my skin did something seriously perverse to it.

I loved the description of this scent, and for a while now it has been on my 'contender' list for a boost with Perfect Match. But I'm on the hunt for something else to pair with that phero now. I'm envious of everyone else who *can* wear this, because I really, really wanted to. Although I will try it again, because it could just be the wonky PMS skin chemistry. I hope that's what the issue is. It smells so pretty in the vial...

Ah, Eggers, it's the other way around for me - I didn't care for it wet, but after it's been on my skin for about 30 mins, I like it so much more! The orange blossom and amber go so well together, and the apricot gives it a sweetness that really rounds it out...

Mmmm...this was one of my sniffees in my latest order. I was so happy because it was on my "to get" sample list.

I love it of course! I love fruit and I love orange blossom and I love MOST amber.

I know there is no peach but that is what I smell most...nothing sharp on me here.

Pretty spring scent. Something almost "butterry" to my nose...must be the amber.

Makes me happy!!!

I am wearing Betrothal on my other wrist and that one is sending me into floral Hell right now.

Ah...and see, I'm not a big floral person by any means, but I think Betrothal Potion is so pretty.

• 1 month later...

I didn't even bother to finish reading the description of this scent till this evening previously. I received a sniffee in my last order and this evening, the sudden desire to test it (I took a sniff on e day I received my box) made me read this thread.

This is such a lovely scent. The apricot, orange blossom and plum blend so well together with the amber adding depth to the scent. It does remind me a little of Shelly B's Bodacious Bomb.

• 1 month later...

This is very fruity, but not loud on me. I am surprised it has amber in it, it didn't detract from it for me like I thought it would. Another lovely fruity scent, definitely has that candied aspect to it that I love from scents like Nectar de L'amour.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This is one I would not have necessarily wanted (or looked at) had it not been for a sample I received in my box. It was such a sweet scent and by sweet I mean innocent, cute, cuddly, warm, that I decided it was FB material.

I can't necessarily add anything different from what others said previously. My initial impression is peachy sweet but with the amber base note making it warm and rich. It makes me feel happy and relaxed, wearing it I just want to enjoy the day doing nothing much. After dry down, the peachy smell is more blended and softly sweet, it has a slight floral twinge to it but thankfully it's a background hint as floral and I have an arms length relationship for the most part. Knot is just comforting and lovely. It's not what I would wear to work because I wouldn't get anything done but every great once in awhile, I get that glorious day where I can be lazy and just relax without feeling guilty and this is exactly what I want to wear for those days.

I truly appreciate those little samples from Mara with our orders. I certainly wouldn't have ordered this had it not been for that and I would have been missing out on such a beautiful and sweet perfume.

• 5 months later...

I wasn't sure about this the first couple of times I tried it. The rich deep fruit of the first stage seemed almost too loud for me, but have now tried it again, and within a short space of time it smooths out into something luscious and mysterious. A hint of fruit, a floral undercurrent, an amber warmth... nummy and sweetly elegant. I suppose "warm fruity floral" is how I'd ultimately describe it. This will be perfect for both hot and cold weather I think.

• 10 months later...

The lovely picture on the front of the bottle is definitely influencing me. I opened this up without knowing the ingredients, next to my daughter. She goes "ewwww that's too fruity for me" wheras I get lost in visions of rubbing my face against hemp. Raw hemp smells amazing. Sweet, a little grassy, grounding. I've gone back in this thread and I seem to be the only one making that association. I'm slowly going through the phero list and meditating on something that would be a good match with this, perhaps Empathy Potion (binding people together). I want to assure myself that this will not get lost in my stash. It's a bit of a sleeper, from what I can tell on the forum.

• 3 months later...

And here I am yet again. This LP has not gotten any love !!

In my hormone-topsy-turvey haze of the day before my period, *everything* was getting on my nerves. Including every single scent I have in my closet. But I was craving something. I ended up with my months-old sampler of this, opening the vial..."ohhh yes, this one". To me, it's like a milder, softer version of Love Potion Original. Probably because of the amber and apricot. And yes, I'm still getting that 'raw hemp' association. It's unobtrusive and lovely. A great one to hide your pheroblends in if you don't want to project too much. I could see a small amount of LAM or BAM going well with this as well. But this particular day, it was perfect to calm my frazzled brain, no pheromones, no complicated ingredients.

I was so excited that Knot arrived as one of sniffy bits. I'd wanted to try it, and now here it is! Thanks LPMP! Have to say, reminds me slightly, of the Hot and Humid Mara created for me last summer. It is lighter, and a bit more floral, but there is the softness, the apricot, all warm from the heat of the day. I love the dry down as this settles on my skin. It gives me a sense of security. It is an 'I know your secret' scent. It provides an aura that leaves me knowing I'd be comfortable in any setting, day or night, in any group of people. Really great scent.

Edited by Wanderlust

• 2 months later...

This is really pretty. I wore it last week (right before I got sick and had to take a scent hiatus). There is something deep and complex about it...in a way it reminds me of my great-aunt stewing plums to make jam or pudding (I forget...but it was one of those!). It smells warm and plummy in that way. I like it.