Pumpkin Juice Cocktail

katz

AD-PumpkinJuiceCocktail_sm-LovePotion.jp

Pumpkin Juice Cocktail

Sweet fresh pumpkin with bright notes of apple and pineapple juice and just a dash of pumpkin spice...ah, mystically delicious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck, protection.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, properity, money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, this is a cheery little drink! Wait for the pineapple to settle down a bit, it comes round. Allspice and apple make it 'almost fall' but the pineapple makes it 'almost troppo' for a lovely in-between seasons pumpkin fix!

I must accept:

-- however much I LOOOVE to eat pineapple, it just doesn't work on my skin

-- it's not that I like pumpkin; it's pumpkin pie I like.

This is plasticky and flat on me....sniff. I think it's the pineapple...

Edited by tyvey

This is a perfect transitional scent from Summer into Fall. It's a nice pumpkin with a juicy brightness to it. It's like a pumpkin fruit punch. I enjoyed it very much - it's the best of both of my favorite seasons for me Summer and Fall meshed into one scent. Perfect for the Libra in me who can never decide what to wear.

I can't help wondering if MY vial of this is wrongly labelled. It smells strongly like a dried leaves type scent? Nothing pumpkin or pineapple or tropical. It's a bit like an autumn candle (minus any smoke elements some have), but not the foody autumnal kind. This may be a totally screwy skin thing, or it's the wrong 'juice'.

Since it's got spice in it as well as the pumpkin accord, maybe that's all your getting (which gives you that impression)? Sometimes other notes don't come through at all.

Not really what I would describe as spicy either! It smells like leaves, much actually, like another scent I had which I forget the name of from LP, and also like some other autumn leaf scents from another company. It's very strange indeed. I can't smell them in the vial since I checked now, or on me, so I think it is not a skin issue. It's not bad, it's just kinda off the wall compared to what everyone else says!

I can't help wondering if MY vial of this is wrongly labelled. It smells strongly like a dried leaves type scent? Nothing pumpkin or pineapple or tropical. It's a bit like an autumn candle (minus any smoke elements some have), but not the foody autumnal kind. This may be a totally screwy skin thing, or it's the wrong 'juice'.

Compare it to Moon of the Falling Leaves, please Mel? How do they compare? Does it seem like you got two of the same? Otherwise, it could just be personal perception.

We're realllly careful but mixups can indeed sometimes happen.

No, they are not the same but I had not tested moon of falling leaves, somehow having missed it yesterday when I did the testing and wrote my notes, however, I have retested on skin now and applied moon too, and now I have something else to smell with leaves, for a split second I had pineapple in the pumpkin one, then it was gone. They smell totally different so maybe I am just super sensitive to something in this that makes me think leaves!

I would hope not to have put anyone off trying this, I am clearly a rogue case! No mistakes have been made!!

YUM. Pumpkin is one of my top notes of all time, and this does not disappoint. I was a bit worried about the pineapple but it only adds a dash of tartness and doesn't overwhelm the blend at all. It's all comforting pumpkin and apple goodness with the barest hint of spice. No omghellaspicypumpkin here!

Edited by Invidiana

I can't smell the pumpkin in this, but I get the apple, pineapple and spices. I agree, this is the perfect transitional scent for between summer and fall. I get the sweet, syrupy pineapple in the foreground, with the spices and apple in the background preventing it from smelling too summery.

I can't smell the pumpkin in this, but I get the apple, pineapple and spices. I agree, this is the perfect transitional scent for between summer and fall. I get the sweet, syrupy pineapple in the foreground, with the spices and apple in the background preventing it from smelling too summery.

Alas I don't really get the pumpkin either. I do get a hint of spice and sweetness which I agree makes it a good transitional scent. Pineapple is what I was smelling. I am so glad all of you have better noses than me. I always have to go back and read the ingredients to try and pick out that which I am smelling.

Bruiseviolet: Are we possibly scent twins? I know I like many of the same scents you do I think (the pinks, and the spicier notes)

Wow, this is all pumpkin/apple cider-y on me, I love the pineapple in the vial but it doesn't show up on my skin. This actually reminds me of how I Scream for Halloween! smells on me because it's so pumpkin-centric.

Edited by luna65

OOOO... This is a surprise LOVE for me! :) I really enjoy the freshness at the beginning from the pineapple and apple which slowly evolved into a subtly spicy sweet scent!!! I love it that it has a HINT of sweetness so the scent is fairly light. :) Quite addictive i think! :) MM.... THIS IS GOOD!!!!! ;)

Edited by bumbob

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wet, I get pure pumpkin and fruit -- very fresh. On drydown, the apple becomes more prominant, and the spices are just barely showing up. Spices usually amp like mad on my skin, so I'm curious to see if they will behave themselves in this one and stay in the background.

• 7 months later...

I would not have picked this as pumpkin at all. It's a mix of various ingredients I just can't quite pick, but somehow I don't like the way they come together. It changes flavour drastically on my skin, going almost sharp, and a little soapy. Something about this just isn't working for me. I love Unreasonable Pumpkin though.

I get lots and lots of apple and pineapple initially, and like syn I get the sharp nearly cloying scent (when wet). I was confused as the sniffee was labled "Pumpkin Juice Cocktail" and it seemed more of a "Tropical Cocktail" but as the scent settled the all spice came out. And the smell morphed into a juicy pumpkin/apple/cidery scent. mmm!! Like others have noted, this seems to be a great transitional (between the seasons) scent.

• 1 year later...

Surprised to get a FB of PJC, a straight up Halloween treat in my Oct order, thanks! After a 20 min soapy dry down it blooms beautifully. A fresh juicy pumpkin that's more sweet than spice. Has a fresh youthful lively characteristic that I would wear on a day with no other agenda but to smell young and pretty. I could see this a safe scent for a tween/teen to wear that wants to smell like a classy young lady but also fun cause it burst with flavor.

• 11 months later...

I tried this because it was a seasonal sniffy I had on hand. I would normally swerve something with pumpkin in the title because I I'm not really after a pumpkin spice latte kind of vibe. Why, oh why, do I ever doubt you, Mara Fox? I should know by now that if anyone would make a pumpkin scent that is seasonally appropriate without screaming SEASONAL SCENT at me it would be you. Oh you clever thing you!

Smells like I've just showered with s beautiful slightly fruity soap but that starts to settle within five minutes and moves toward a juicy, refreshing mix with clear pineapple and something sweeter, which could be apple or a mix of apple and pumpkin. There's just a whisper of spice. As we move to the ten minute mark the apple and spice become more discernible and the pineapple makes way for the juicy and slightly fleshy pumpkin. It stays clean, bright, and juicy (but not tropical) bit with some spicy and body. Never tropical, never like a latte. Yum!

• 10 months later...

I got this as a freebie in the sale. I'd pay full price and then some to have another bottle of this bewitching scent. The pumpkin in this is roasted pumpkin, fresh out of the oven., with that buttery creaminess that is nearly as lush as coconut cream. The summery pineapple is standing alongside the pumpkin and spice at first, but makes way for the changing of the guard as autumn's apple and pear come to stand with the two anchors. As the dry down finishes,the Apple and pear almost..almost take on the feeling of a skin musk, very soft and snuggly. Yet, they add that tiny bit of juicy brightness to the pumpkin and spice that sends this scent into the cracking blue skies and blazing colourful leaves of autumn. After two hours, there is mostly a softly spiced richness that has rounded fullness and complexities of, but less the scent of pumpkin. I am crazy in love with this scent..but you all would hate it. Blehk. Ickypooyucky. Phhew. Pffft. uh-uh. Move along girls and boys. Nothing good here.

Edited by Wanderlust