Banoffee Coffee

katz

AD-Banoffee_1.jpg

Banoffee Coffee

As the name suggests this is a luscious blend of banana and toffee, given further richness with the addition of coffee. Our scented interpretation features three kinds of coffee accord, sweetened with brown sugar and caramel with just a smidge of hot milk, poured over a bevy of bananas – including a creamy banana brulee – and topped with crispy crunchy English Toffee; this toothsome mix will magically mingle on your skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
BROWN & CARAMEL SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O.M.G. (maybe even a little F. in there) this is YUM. If you like coffee scents - yea, this has that, and if you like foodie ones OBOYO this has that too. It's like a breakfast for sinners... dig in with a spoon! (just kidding Tyvey put it away) I'm pretty sure I need the scrub to go with! (mmm and lotion?)

O.M.G. (maybe even a little F. in there)

Definitely OMFG THIS IS SO NOM NOM NOM!!!11

If you're a fan of Sugar-Fried Bananas or The World then I think you will love this too, unless you don't like scents with coffee notes.

Three of my favorite things in the whole wide world doing the Lambada on my skin... :666:

This is another one I need in every form known to LPMP!

I don't like bananas BUT I LOVE this scent! It's delicious!!!! I totally need this for the flow. I am PMS CENTRAL right now , as I have no other explanation for the bloat, back pain, moods, and sore muscles~ and this is really comforting me.

The desert scents always comfort me during these difficult times, I have to add this to the Calorie Free Comfy Conquest over PMS arsenal.

It's not overly banaa- it's a soft banana spice. It mellows out and I get toffee cofee yuminess

WOW, this isn't the gooey gloppy toothache (I mean that word positively) that I expected. The coffee is BLACK! and very forward, reminds of the one in arcana's caffeinated death if you're familiar. Will edit with further developments.

The coffee is BLACK! and very forward, reminds of the one in arcana's caffeinated death if you're familiar.

Ooh yeah, or Relapse, even. But not overwhelmingly so.

This one surprised me. I don't know 'Sugar Fried Bananas', I just thought: Banana perfume...hm.. I don't know. But this one is sooo lovely: the bananas are not overwhelming, there is also coffee, dark coffee I think, a little bit of caramel. It is sweet, but not too sweet, perfect for the weekend.

I *DOUSED* myself with this today, and put in my hair. In hair it was fluffy whipped cream banana caramel NOM. On skin it was again mostly black coffee with a reluctant hint of caramel. My skin obviously eats the rest. :D I am hellbent on liking this just on principle, so will remember to moisturize next time first.

Also, the label is one of my fav ever. SO CUTE.

Well, for some reason I would never buy a banana scent, maybe in case it smelt like those foam banana sweets, but I got this as a mix up so I have had a tiny test and colour me surprised, I like it. It is indeed a banoffee pie flavoured coffee, maybe more banana-toffee filling and no pie but that's fine with me. Not sure the current boy would go for me in this but on a winter morning taking the kids to school i may just give this a day out :D

I *DOUSED* myself with this today, and put in my hair. In hair it was fluffy whipped cream banana caramel NOM. On skin it was again mostly black coffee with a reluctant hint of caramel. My skin obviously eats the rest. :D I am hellbent on liking this just on principle, so will remember to moisturize next time first.

Also, the label is one of my fav ever. SO CUTE.

How do you mix it for the hair? Do you put oil in i know we talked about it in another thread and I want to put some in spritz smellies in my hair

How do you mix it for the hair? Do you put oil in i know we talked about it in another thread and I want to put some in spritz smellies in my hair

Well there's the detangler recipe darbla provided, but I don't make one up for every day - daily I just pour a little LP into my palm, add some argan oil (about 1.5 argan to 1 LP...yah, is strong), rub hands together and run hands through hair. Luv eet

• 2 weeks later...

When Banoffee Coffee hits my skin, it's OH HAI THERE--I'M BANANAS!!!...And black coffee and a bit of caramelly goodness. Then the banana backs down and just turns into a lovely rich supporting sweetness (the banana in Posset's "Issota and Sigismundo" works like this for me, too). What I end up with is really nommable caramel cake with a black coffee note that gradually subsides to add depth to the caramel NOM. I sat near Mr. Matt and he said, "I smell caramel!" I told him that would be me, and waved my arm around his head, and he approved! :D

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 9 months later...
Guest icing

I received a sample of this, and poured it into a bottle of aloe vera gel.

My hair and skin, have a very subtle but delicious creamy caramel skin scent, and I think the coffee gives it a little more depth and the banana makes it a little creamier and softer.

It's amazing.

Did not work on me the first few times, too coffee or too banana as most scents with either of those notes can be on me. I revisited it this week and it has aged well. Now I'm getting the smooth true coffee with a softly sweetened carmel. The bananas are also smoother, truer and deeper. Better balance. Nommmmmmmy.

Tried this on tonight and I'm embarrassed to admit... I didn't know what the name "Banoffee" was about until I put it on my skin - there's BANANAS in it!! I'm just looking up the notes now. I think this is pretty yummy, though I'm not so much into smelling like dessert.

Some people are 'foodies' and some are not. Vive variety!

I can't do florals so I aims to be nibbled. ;)

• 2 months later...

I was TRYING to figure this one out..it's coffee, no, it's sweet, no it's banana...mmmnaaaah, it's definitely coffee. Then it hit me! It's a banana toffee creamy Latte with a shot of espresso! :Emoticons04235: I was huffing my hands ALL DAY! This is SOOOOO good!

• 4 months later...

This is very coffee in the vial (no surprises there I guess), but on the skin it loses that coffee-ness pretty quickly, and is replaced by something sweet - like maybe a milky banana? I'm not so into foody scents or coffee and the drydown becomes a bit nauseating to my taste.

• 1 year later...

This so delicious, comforting and rich. After a long day of work, I'm snuggled on the couch with a big cozy blanket and slathered this on. I'm loving this. Instead of "comfort food" this is "comfort scent". I'm getting ripe bananas, black coffee and caramel cream. It's not overly sweet, it's very creamy and soft. It reminds me of making coffee and baking some fresh banana bread.

• 5 months later...

Wow, this one really surprised me. I ordered it off the trade boards even though I didn't think I would like it--in fact I was sure I wouldn't--but I just have to smell everything. Today was the day according to my "alphabetical order" trials, and I will be honest--I was dreading it a little. I HATE banana scents because usually they all wind up smelling like those "banana foam sweets" that Cinnamonmel mentioned. And those things are disgusting.

But this! This was completely different than I expected. In the vial, I got banana-flavoured coffee. I didn't find the banana terribly offensive, so that was a good start. But on my skin, it turned more complex. The bananas softened and warmed as though they were flambéed with butter and brown sugar until everything caramelized. The coffee turned so complex that I don't even know how to describe it. It was good, though. Deep and rich. After awhile, the toffee came out and left me smelling very softly of a Tim Horton's English Toffee Cappuccino. That's pretty much my favourite coffee treat, so I was more than okay with that! The banana pretty much went away, as far as I can tell. That might be what's softening it up, I guess.

Anyway, it's really nice. Far more complex than I expected. I'm sort of amazed. I don't really think it's a scent for me, as coffee scents aren't normally my thing, but if I was going to wear a coffee scent, I have to say it would be this one. I am really glad I have the sample now. It has good staying power, too.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorites, I love the banana coffee and it has aged well. It stays on my skin so I smell it a long time, but it doesn't give me the throw other scents do. I think it's the only scent that people haven't commented to me about, probably cause in the office, coffee smell is all over all the time.

• 2 years later...

Whoa, I've never spilled or leaked a sample before, but last night I decided I was wearing this today. I did notice that it magically smelled like dark coffee in the vial last night, which I was surprised how that could be done with other creamy notes involved. Well, as it leaked into the little ceramic "new samples" dish on my dresser all night, it melded into something beautiful with the other vials and paper labels! I woke up in a good mood and headed straight for my new coffee pot, where thankfully there's a timer and coffee was all ready for me.

I think I'll move onto Gloria as my second coffee of choice this am! But I must say, this would be a great wax melt if it wasn't already.

Whoa, I've never spilled or leaked a sample before, but last night I decided I was wearing this today. I did notice that it magically smelled like dark coffee in the vial last night, which I was surprised how that could be done with other creamy notes involved. Well, as it leaked into the little ceramic "new samples" dish on my dresser all night, it melded into something beautiful with the other vials and paper labels! I woke up in a good mood and headed straight for my new coffee pot, where thankfully there's a timer and coffee was all ready for me.

I think I'll move onto Gloria as my second coffee of choice this am! But I must say, this would be a great wax melt if it wasn't already.

I LOVE IT (HINT,HINT) When Mara makes an enhanced coffee scented wax melt. She made them with Gloria in the past, heaven!

I LOVE IT (HINT,HINT) When Mara makes an enhanced coffee scented wax melt.

And she has one available right now.

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/542107786/sweet-moccochino-mega-watt-wax-melts

There's also a few Irish Coffee regular tarts left:

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/515538111/irish-coffee-wax-melts-tarts-love-potion

I bet that sweet Moccochino + Mega Watt would be good for all kitchen duties.

(My brain quotes lines from Nacho Libre again "You are always saying you need more priestly duties. Well. Here is your big duty.")

Unfortunately Mega Watt & I dont connect well. I am keeping my fingers crossed for coffee with Lev or OW. I may have to place another order and grab those virgins though. Thx. :)